Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My friend has capsular contracture

+2
bouncyDD
dawnmids
6 posters

Go down

My friend has capsular contracture Empty My friend has capsular contracture

Post by dawnmids 11th July 2012, 4:41 pm

She had operation same day as me, august 2011 and has been told she has CC but the surgeon isnt really helping her she feels, he said to go home and see if she can live with it as it more than likely would happen again if he operated? she pushed him and he said wait till october to see if she can live with it? is that normal?
dawnmids
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 581

https://www.facebook.com/Dawn.T.Richards

Back to top Go down

My friend has capsular contracture Empty Re: My friend has capsular contracture

Post by bouncyDD 11th July 2012, 5:19 pm

Oooh thats sounds strange to me hun...

I dont know what to say to that...
How can you live with CC, I hope she gets it sorted...

I hope its not the surgeon that i eventually choose to go with...

xxx
bouncyDD
bouncyDD
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th July 2012, 5:38 pm

There are many women who have CC and live quite happily with it. This is because there are various grades of CC and generally unless the CC is at 3 - 5 depending on what your aftercare covers, you would be entitled to a re-op. 'IF' still within your aftercare, if not, then generally unless you reached these grades, your surgeon as seems in your friends case wouldn't recommend a re-op unless it was absolutely necessary.

To say she would be at risk of CC happening again, 'may' be true, but not necessarily, there are many woman who have CC and have a re-op and they're fine, but if the surgeons was genuinely concerned then it's proven that the polyeurothane implants are less at risk of CC and as the Sientra implant which is polyeurothane has recently been FDA approved, then I'm sure this might be an option for your friend to suggest to your surgeon if she was looking for a solution? xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnmids 11th July 2012, 6:03 pm

she said she is going to go back and say she is not prepared to wait to see, she was at hospital group with another surgeon same day as my original op, she was told she had early CC. xx
dawnmids
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 581

https://www.facebook.com/Dawn.T.Richards

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th July 2012, 6:08 pm

I'm sure if she has had her boobs almost a year and has CC she will know by now whether she can live with it or not, unless it's a recent thing. I would tell her to look into all the CC reducing things she can do and if she does want a re op then different implants plcements etc and then push for a re op.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th July 2012, 6:28 pm

dawnmids wrote:she said she is going to go back and say she is not prepared to wait to see, she was at hospital group with another surgeon same day as my original op, she was told she had early CC. xx

Was massage never recommended for her to try Dawn? Sometimes firm massage can help break down the scar tissue that forms creating the capsule and has helped to settle things down.

Obviously though if she just wants the implants replaced, she could continue to push, but I'd warn her Dawn, that unless the CC advances chances are she might get refused lovely as it often states in your aftercare which grade of CC is covered. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 11th July 2012, 7:00 pm

I had c c and and you could see it by how different the left one was, it was nt too painful but I would nt have put up with it much longer as it did look odd when I was braless. However fate took over anyway as I had pips so they had to be replaced anyway. Got to admit that my surgeon said as I have had it once I am much more likely to get it again. So I did lots of research and there is some evidence Vit E capsules in quite a high dose helps reduce the chance, so since day 1 I have taken them. So fingers crossed . xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 13th July 2012, 6:39 pm

There is some evidence that vit e (like 2nd time lucky recommends) and also glucosamine sulphate help reduce the chance of cc.

I have a couple of friends each with cc in one breast. One developed cc shortly after her ba, had a revision, it came back, was offered another revsion, decided to leave it. She's had the same implants for 18 years now. She's noticed it more over the years, though having said that they look great, the one side has always been firmer to touch, ie. it doesn't squeeze like the other side. My other friend had hers over two years, she has grade 2 cc, happy to live with it, when you squeeze you can feel the difference though it's not a huge one.

Usually, we are covered for grade 3 & 4 cc xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down