Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do sports bras give any indication of real size

5 posters

Go down

Do sports bras give any indication of real size  Empty Do sports bras give any indication of real size

Post by *Alice* 23rd May 2012, 6:34 pm

Right now I'm wearing 32DD shock absorbers which fit lovely, a 32D fits but tends to ride up my boobs and just feels a little too snug.

But then last night I tried on an old 32B bra out of curiosity... And it kind of fit shrug Not enough to be worn haha, but it wasnt insanely small! So now I'm worried I'm a 32C... Even thou there's no way I'd get into a 32C sports bra!

I think I'm partly having a small boobie day any way... But wondered if the bra size you wear during the 6 weeks is a close interpretation of what you end up being measured at at 6 weeks onwards? Not taking into account fluffing etc.

I don't think I have any swelling, they haven't particularly changed in size at all recently. And I never get any stiffness or morning boob.

X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Do sports bras give any indication of real size  Empty Re: Do sports bras give any indication of real size

Post by *Alice* 23rd May 2012, 6:54 pm

I'll point out when I measure them with tape the calculations from online come out at 32c disappoint X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Do sports bras give any indication of real size  Empty Re: Do sports bras give any indication of real size

Post by misf1 23rd May 2012, 6:57 pm

No its not a good indication as they're so stretchy, I expect the 32B squashed on, but was the wire going around your breast to support or was it balancing around it. I can put on a 34B and I'm a 32FF. PS I wore a 34DD and D in sports bras and when I got measured at 6 weeks they said 32F. The online calculators said 34B, or 38B of which I am neither.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd May 2012, 6:58 pm

Don't use online calculations sweetness. They'll almost ALWAYS incorrect and sportsbras are VERY stretchy! I was wearing a DD which I can still wear now and I'm measured an F cup, so don't be worrying about your bra label just yet... Everybody I know has ALWAYS measured a larger size than their sportsbras.

Also, I'd try not to get hung up on a label says... I mean does it matter really? As long as you LOOK and FEEL good isn't that what matters? xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 23rd May 2012, 7:09 pm

Well I'm pleased to hear the online ones arent very accurate. One measured a 32B... I don't fitin them!

I shouldn't moan as most of the time I'm so happy, I guess after trying on an old teenie bra last night it made me start doubting them. Plus I'm soooo bloated today, look 9 months pregnant haha so that doesn't help!

They do feel/look a little on the small side today, must be a boobie greed day ... Do people sometimes just feel like this? I don't want to be at all ungrateful... Just wish they looked like D's and not how they looked when I'd wear a gel bra shrug

I don't really have anyone to moan to either, and even if I did they wouldn't understand .. So I'm afraid you all get the lot sorry Blush X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd May 2012, 7:17 pm

You're not the first and you won't be the last to get boob greed early post-op babe Hug

When women are 'fitted' to the correct sized bra for your new boobs which gives you the opportunity to change their shape to which ever you choose -T-shirt bra, Deep plunge bra, Balconette bras e.t.c most women soon get over their greed though and are happy with what they have :thumbs: xx

Bring the lot on anytime you need babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 23rd May 2012, 7:26 pm

Thanks Hug I really do appreciate the advice/opinions/experience of people here!

My boobs look amazing if I roll my sports bra down and put a strapless top on (obviously I don't go out like this I'm just practising my boob looks hahaha)... They look like they did before in a full tshirt, maybe I'm used to them I dunno! My lad mates all saw them (in a vest top) on fri and were amazed with them. So maybe it's just me being over critical today!

I guess time will tell.. I do appreciate having somewhere to load off these feelings though, if I told my mum she'd probably have a mental break down haha x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lil.miss.katy 24th May 2012, 7:37 pm

Hi altw, just reading your posts here, and your experience is really helping me!! So when Im having a rant or an off day I should just think there will be someone on here a few days/weeks behind me and feeling the same stuff who needs to know they're not alone!!

I identify with what you say about sports bras. As I said before tho, my dressings are hiding a lot so for me its just getting a good feel!!

I know its very early days for me but Im not too bad with morning pain or stiffness - only first couple of mornings and was expecting to be alot more swollen than what i am! Although do have a wee budda belly!!

When you say online calculator, do you mean measuring yourself by using website instructions ie take away the measurement of top of ribcage from measurement of cup?? I am assuming that if this isnt accurate then the alternative is being professionally measured in a shop? How long would you recommend waiting till you get measured??

xx
lil.miss.katy
lil.miss.katy
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 24th May 2012, 8:29 pm

lil.miss.katy wrote:Hi altw, just reading your posts here, and your experience is really helping me!! So when Im having a rant or an off day I should just think there will be someone on here a few days/weeks behind me and feeling the same stuff who needs to know they're not alone!!

I identify with what you say about sports bras. As I said before tho, my dressings are hiding a lot so for me its just getting a good feel!!

I know its very early days for me but Im not too bad with morning pain or stiffness - only first couple of mornings and was expecting to be alot more swollen than what i am! Although do have a wee budda belly!!

When you say online calculator, do you mean measuring yourself by using website instructions ie take away the measurement of top of ribcage from measurement of cup?? I am assuming that if this isnt accurate then the alternative is being professionally measured in a shop? How long would you recommend waiting till you get measured??

xx

I'm under the impression you have to wait atleast 6 weeks as you're in sports bras until then... And then it's a case of getting a few basics because they can change after that! Worth thinking too, in some bras/shops you may measure differently... So always worth understanding what to look for in a good bra .. Get the assistant to explain when she measures you :)

And yes it helps sooo much having this place, Transform would probably be screening my calls by now with all the silly questions I've had to ask over the last month Hysterical

Like you I wanted moderate sized boobs... But it's easy to get sucked into boobie greed seeing all of the amazing Fs and Gs on here! Try to remember what your initial goal was... That's what I keep telling myself haha x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th May 2012, 11:42 pm

lil.miss.katy wrote:] I am assuming that if this isnt accurate then the alternative is being professionally measured in a shop? How long would you recommend waiting till you get measured??

xx

When you have your first fitting it really would be best to have it professionally done babe to ensure you're getting the right amount of support for your new boobs.

Waiting to have that first fitting seems a million miles away but it does soon catch up with you. Generally most women wait till 6 weeks post-op depending on when they get the all clear from their surgeon and ALWAYS follow the advice given by your own surgeon, afterall, they're the ones following your personal progress and will know when you're ready (I had to wait 12 weeks). Even when you have your first fitting, I still wouldn't rush out and buy loads of bras, I'd just stick to the necessities and maybe just buy a white. black and nude set so you have a bra and pants to wear with anything as your breasts will go on to change long after the 6 week mark and possible fluff (go larger) after that. Mine fluffed from a DD to an F cup at 10 weeks post-op, so I'd just be patient sweetness. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissBiker 25th May 2012, 6:36 am

My PS has advised me that at six weeks I can get normal bras, but non-wired only... I'll be allowed to wear wired for an hour or so at a time but am to build up to it. As Cookie has advised, I'm only intending on getting a couple as I'm concerned about/anticipating fluffing.

Also, another vote for online calculators being **naughty word**. I'm wearing a 32G sports bra (two weeks post op) but according to the calculators I should be in a 32J! Erm... not quite right me thinks. (I'm trying not to think about what actual bra size I'll be as I'm expecting a bit of difficulty finding sexy bras).
LittleMissBiker
LittleMissBiker
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down