Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what size sports bras to buy?

+4
Lisa34
silverpanther
xlaurenx
willows
8 posters

Go down

what size sports bras to buy? Empty what size sports bras to buy?

Post by willows 21st February 2013, 5:24 pm

I am currently a 34a/b i told the surgeon i wanted to b a d/dd (preferably DD) and he recommended 300cc high profile implants.

I didnt ask at the consultation what size bra to buy but i take it as i asked to be a DD i should buy 34DD sports bra as thats the size i want to be?

I wont see him again until the morning of the surgery, pre op assessment is with the nurse. Also cant take any more time off work now either as took time off to see him and another surgeon already so cant see him again for another appointment.
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 600

Back to top Go down

what size sports bras to buy? Empty Re: what size sports bras to buy?

Post by xlaurenx 21st February 2013, 5:35 pm

I just saw my surgeon and he said i needed to go up a size in the band for swelling. He told me to buy a 36DD i normally wear 34B xxxx
xlaurenx
xlaurenx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 469

Back to top Go down

Post by silverpanther 21st February 2013, 5:37 pm

I think most people buy a few different sizes, hon, that way you can see what feels most comfortable after your op.

Its usually the case that your ribs are swollen, as well as your boobs, so a 34DD might feel too small straight after your op, but good to have after the swelling has gone down. My ribs went up a band size due to the swelling, and I'm so glad I had a medium macom, which just stretched as far as it needed to go!

I think people on here have been advised by the nurses what sizes to get, maybe something like a couple of sizes up from a 34DD and just see how you go. Maybe make sure you buy from somewhere that will take returns within a month or something if you don't use one of them?

XXXX
silverpanther
silverpanther
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Post by willows 21st February 2013, 5:45 pm

yeah i was thinking about swelling i may buy a 34dd and 34e then incase of swelling?
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by willows 21st February 2013, 5:47 pm

ok and i'll get 36 band size incase aswell. will keep tags on and see which ones i need to swap thanks for the advice ! x
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 21st February 2013, 5:57 pm

I also forgot to ask my surgeon what size to buy, I asked my nurse when I had my pre op. she told me to buy a D and DD. I am currently an A and I'm having 320cc anatomical unders. Xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 21st February 2013, 6:13 pm

You should check with your surgeon first. They don't work in cup sizes so you can't 'choose' to be a 34DD. You won't need to see him again just email him or ask your pcc to find out for you. He may well suggest 34DD but what I'm trying to say is you can't ask to be made a certain size because it doesn't work like that. Then when you find out what size sports bra he suggests it's recommended you buy that size, one in same band but cup size up and one in same cup size but band size up. Or you could invest in a Macon which you only need to buy the band size as the cups stretch x
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by Gem76 21st February 2013, 6:56 pm

Hi ladies, I'd just like to say, you are probably best off getting your ordinary band size and buying a bra extender, thats if you get a back fastening sports bra, then when the swelling goes down round your ribs, you can still use the bras. Good quality sports bras aren't cheap and you dont want to be forking out for a couple and not be able to wear them after a few weeks, just a thought. what size sports bras to buy? 321562
I bought my ordinary band size and some bra extenders from Home Bargains for £1.50, think you can get them from matalan for a couple of quid too x
Gem76
Gem76
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 21st February 2013, 7:25 pm

I have ordered a macom, they look great and the girls on here say they are fantastic, and as newboobz has said they don't work in cup sizes, they are a one size fits all!! You just need to know your band size. Xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by silverpanther 21st February 2013, 8:22 pm

I loved my macom, and got the medium (I'm usually a 32/34 band size) it was just so comfy!

However last week I realised it was too big around the ribs and wasnt supporting me enough, so I've had to buy a couple of sports bras with tight enough bands after that.

I'm selling 2 medium macoms if anyone wants!
XXXX
silverpanther
silverpanther
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 21st February 2013, 11:59 pm

I'd say if you are going to buy a Macom, which are very good by the way, then you are best off getting your normal band size as swelling will only be at its worst for a couple of weeks, and you want to know you are well supported for the majority of the time. For the initial swelling time you could either buy a 2nd Macom in a bigger band size or maybe the zip up M&S high impact sports bra in a D
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by willows 22nd February 2013, 7:49 pm

Thanks for everyones advice and help what size sports bras to buy? 48411 ..I have just purchased bra extenders on ebay pack of 3 for 1.29 barrrgain - never even knew they existed amazing invention ! Then going to purchase 2 34DD sports bras and 1 34E sports bras and then use bra extenders if necessarry to make 36 band size for swelling xx
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CharFaye 22nd February 2013, 11:01 pm

I had 300 cc from similar before size to you, I bought primark 32 C 32 D 34 D 34 C. Lol, had no idea what I was
, day 2 I went to m&s and got the zip up 32 DD and lived in that untill last week when I was measured at 30 E xx
CharFaye
CharFaye
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1240

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down