Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What size sports bras to buy before op? Confused!

+4
welshvicci123
sugarplum_sassie
manda
louisajane82
8 posters

Go down

What size sports bras to buy before op? Confused! Empty What size sports bras to buy before op? Confused!

Post by louisajane82 5th October 2011, 9:50 pm

Hi, I'm having my op 2 weeks on Sunday (eeek, so excited) and am just sorting ,myself out with all the stuff I need to get before... Soo sports bras? what a nightmare as I don't know what size to get! The nurse told me it has to be a back fastening one, not a racer back, which is annoying as so many ppl on here reccommend the Tesco one, but it's racer back.

I'm 34 C at the moment and am having 460 overs, does anyone else have any experience that might help me decide which size to get? I am thinking F or G, but then the more expensive brands have FF as well! I know there is no sure way to tell the cup size, but any experiences would be much appreciated :-)
louisajane82
louisajane82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 294

Back to top Go down

What size sports bras to buy before op? Confused! Empty Re: What size sports bras to buy before op? Confused!

Post by manda 6th October 2011, 6:29 am

Hi, I went for a full C/D so bought one of each size, fortunately the D was the correct size. I got mine from Asda so next day when home sent my OH to get me 5 more in 36D, they only do white and black but didnt care about colours at the time. They felt uncomfortable at the time but hey I had swellings ect so cant blame the bras. Ive been wearing Asdas ever since and now 8 weeks PO. Debenhams do some nice non wired bras, just a hint for when your ready for switching over, cant seem to face the wired ones yet. Hope this helps. Good luck, its the best thing ever ever What size sports bras to buy before op? Confused! 154564 xxx
manda
manda
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 37

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10723;3/st/20110811/e/B

Back to top Go down

What size sports bras to buy before op? Confused! Empty Re: What size sports bras to buy before op? Confused!

Post by sugarplum_sassie 6th October 2011, 7:46 am

I think an F and a FF would be a good idea to start with, then when your a week or 2 post op buy some more if needed, as they tend to get bigger with time. Post op I fitted into a DD, but at just over a week I changed to an E and now I'm thinking I may need an F.

As for what sports bra to get, Tesco, Matalan and Asda do not go above a DD, so no good for you anyway. I've struggled finding bigger cup sizes with a smaller back size, but I can recommend the Debenhams Gorgeous ones, they have a selection of colours, I have this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

only it wasn't on offer when I bought it What size sports bras to buy before op? Confused! 221105 Shock absorber obviously do larger cup sizes, although my local debenhams have crap stock selection Rolling Eyes Do you have a Bravissimo or Truimph near you? I've just bought a truimph tri action extreme which is nice, I haven't found any cheap sports bras in larger sizes, so made do with 2 expensive ones. Just remembered M&S do larger cup sizes. Just make sure you keep you're receipts and you can always take any that don't fit back or exchange them for a different size, but don't rush to do that as I said before you may grow into them.

One last thing are you an empty C cup or a full C cup now? as filling up an empty breast takes more cc than enlarging a normal breast, so would affect the end size result.
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post by louisajane82 6th October 2011, 8:03 am

Hey, thanks so much for this advice, it's brilliant! I am an empty C at the moment, think that's why my surgeon has recommended quite a large implant as I want more fullness but without having to have an uplift.

I live near London so was thinking of heading to the Bravissimo there, I looked on their website and they have one nice sports bra, it has 2 back fastenings so I'll definitely need assistance getting in and out lol!

Rice boobies? Is there any point in taking these to a shop and trying on bras with them in? Or should I just get 3 bras, like F, FF, and G and then take back the ones that don't fit?

Also, I'm a 34 back size, should I stick with this or should I get a 36 as well in case of swelling? Or does the swelling only affect the actual breasts and not the chest so much?

Thanks again for all this help and congrats on your new boobies, I am so excited!
louisajane82
louisajane82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 6th October 2011, 8:10 am

Im a 32 c at the moment i am having a larger implant 525 and i have just bought a 34e sports bra from ebay and will get a few more too. Im also so confused about what size to get!
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by aliwoo 6th October 2011, 8:24 am

I would definitely get one size up on the back size! I'm nearly 3 weeks post op and just had to get bigger size on back and cup! I think I underestimated the swelling!!
aliwoo
aliwoo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 136

Back to top Go down

Post by bronzewolf 6th October 2011, 8:32 am

another option is getting a macom compression post surgery bra, it only works with back size and fits any cup especially if your going bigger. they are pricey at £35 but i have heard they are incredibly comfortable and it eliminates buying lots and lots of bras. Its front fastening and they have a discount code of 15% ummm cant remember if it was "mybreast" someone will chip in.
bronzewolf
bronzewolf
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarplum_sassie 6th October 2011, 8:32 am

To be honest I needed help with just a normal back fastening! I couldn't twist my arms round my back, I think the best would be a front fastening but they are a rarity and pretty expensive. So if you have some help on hand go for it, you'll eventually be able to manage it yourself pretty soon.

If you're an empty C you might not need the larger sizes (FF/G) till later, and yes you are recommended to get a band size up to accommodate any swelling, although I didn't have any rib cage swelling so ended up having a band that was too big, but that's better than having one too tight and causing pain though. Although you can always buy a bra extender. So maybe a 36E because if you go up a band size you go down a cup size and vice versa and possibly a 34F, it's up to you really on how much you want to spend and how much choice you want to have immediately post op. I only took 2 bras to the hosp with me and luckily one of them fitted. I didn't go mad buying sports bras because a) I couldn't afford it and b) I struggled to find ones and c) I didn't want to have the fuss of taking them back.

Louisajane and welshvicci did your PCCs advise you on sports bras? mine did, she told me to get a 34D and 34DD (my usual band is a 32) well the D wouldn't go anywhere near me! and the DD fit post op (except the band)
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post by kylie27 9th October 2011, 10:52 pm

I'm soo confused with this too, think im going t look for a Macom one on eBay as everyone seems t rate them x
kylie27
kylie27
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 10th October 2011, 1:16 am

I was a 34B before and had 465s. I've ended up wearing a 34DD with a back expander bit that I used when I was more swollen, and don't need now the selling is down.

So, I guess since you're a size bigger than me to start with, you could try a 34Eish...?

xx
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by louisajane82 11th October 2011, 11:21 am

Thanks everyone! Am going to order some bras tomorrow and also an expander... xx
louisajane82
louisajane82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down