Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it the anesthetic that makes u sick or the BA??

+9
Smallblue
sparkyleeds
Aurora1979
*Alice*
mariaelaina
roxanne
Loobs
Chynna-doll
chrissy86
13 posters

Go down

Is it the anesthetic that makes u sick or the BA?? Empty Is it the anesthetic that makes u sick or the BA??

Post by chrissy86 24th April 2012, 9:19 am

Hy all was just wondereing if-

Its the anesthetic that make u vomit or the actual breast enlargement or is it the morphine. Ive been put to sleep b4 by injection for a previous operation but was never sick.

So Im thinking that its a toss up between the pain from the actual op or the morphine????

Any answers to my Q would be most appreciated Is it the anesthetic that makes u sick or the BA?? 48411 xx
chrissy86
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Is it the anesthetic that makes u sick or the BA?? Empty Re: Is it the anesthetic that makes u sick or the BA??

Post by chrissy86 24th April 2012, 9:21 am

This is based on waking up after your op, Ive read a few surgery stories n quite a few say that they are sick after waking up after the op, was just wondering WHATS THE CAUSE to being sick in general for most people??

xxxIs it the anesthetic that makes u sick or the BA?? 588945 xxx
chrissy86
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Is it the anesthetic that makes u sick or the BA?? Empty Re: Is it the anesthetic that makes u sick or the BA??

Post by Chynna-doll 24th April 2012, 9:40 am

I think its more the GA and the amount they give you. I have always been ace at waking up from GA in the past but I have only been under for short periods for minor ops. I think i was in for hour n half-ish (cant remember lol) and so would have had more GA than in the past and its not a bad thing as it knocks you out for the day even tho ur conscious I think it eases the pain on waking as your still drugged up.

I think I wouldv rather come round to throwing up than mahoosive pain lol even tho its not nice throwing up after op like this you just get them to give you anti-sickness drug on waking you up. (tell anaethsist if your worried bout throwing up and i beleive they can give it you earlier) If i had of been given antisickness stuff earlier I would have been on my way home a lot sooner lol.
Chynna-doll
Chynna-doll
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 24th April 2012, 9:49 am

Thanks chynna-doll,

thats cleared things up for me now, I was put to sleep with GA a couple of years ago but was never sick & believe that the op took an hour, so hoping that I wonty wake up being sick. But will be defo mentioning this to the anesthesist on the morning lol but yeah I'd rather be sick then wake up to the pain too..Role on eh??

God its gunna be a waiting, calander watching game for the next month, I was suppost to have my op on 8th april but got cancelled n re-booked due to a zit ffs! was so upset, but saying that I'd starved n dehydrated for 7hr prior t being seen, so was just glad to eat n drink at that point lol nurses were very kind offering me 3 sandwiches, 2 yogurts n 4 cups of tea b4 I left fo home that day lol

I suppose the surgeon is doing is best by me n only wants the best tyurn out for me, so u cant complain :)) xxxx
chrissy86
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 24th April 2012, 9:53 am

Hey Chrissy,

I was under for 2 and a half hours aparantly and I didnt wake up being sick even though I had gas, which is what some ladies get sick off sometimes I think, although I did feel sick, but not enough to make be be sick.

x
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Chynna-doll 24th April 2012, 9:55 am

Everyone is diff and reacts diff. Worth mentioning if your worried. I had spots on my back too but it was spotted at first consult 5 months before BA so I was (and still am) on antibiotics for them (mine was more acne on back)

Do you know who your surgeon is yet? not long to go now! hehe
Chynna-doll
Chynna-doll
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 24th April 2012, 10:13 am

In my case it was the morphine, it made me very sick despite two doses of antisickness meds, I wasn't the norm though xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 24th April 2012, 10:23 am

I'm really worried about this too! I've never had anesthetic before so have no idea how I'm going to react. But I get sick and pass out over the tiniest things, like blood tests and stuff...so I don't think I'm going to react well :/
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 537

http://www.twitter.com/maria__elaina

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 24th April 2012, 11:24 am

mariaelaina wrote:I'm really worried about this too! I've never had anesthetic before so have no idea how I'm going to react. But I get sick and pass out over the tiniest things, like blood tests and stuff...so I don't think I'm going to react well :/

Snap! I'm just going to try not to worry and handle it when it comes.x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 24th April 2012, 11:36 am

Everyone is different - I had no sickness at all and came round quite quickly apparently. I was asking for food 30 mins after I came round and was told I had to wait. When they did finally let me eat I finished off all sandwiches and biscuits and 3 cups of (decaf) coffee before my next 30 min check up and they were really surprised I wasn't sick.

I also had very little pain - I didn't take any painkillers post op.

Just one of the lucky ones I guess.
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 24th April 2012, 11:40 am

Everyones different!,ive had it twice and never felt sick just very cold when i wake and shivering like mad!!! ,but they put blanket on that seemed to puff warm air round me.....it was great!!try not to worry !!xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by Smallblue 24th April 2012, 11:58 am

I was worried about the sickness as well as I'm the type of person that doesn't react too well to certain meds, but I was given an anti- sickness drug when I was under anaesthetic which worked a treat. I woke up with a silver insulated blanket on to help with the shivers.
Smallblue
Smallblue
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 590

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 24th April 2012, 3:16 pm

Thanks all,

Yeah every1 is defo different, Oh well it will be worthit in the end, Sick or no Sick lol yep not long to go Chynna-doll, it cant come quick enough!! Gunna be an ace summer, which is something that I usually dread, all my ex used to say was "ooh all they'll be all out in their titty tops, thats the best part" what a 'naughty word'!!

Thankyou again for all your replies, feel soo welcome mwua :)) xx
chrissy86
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KimyP 24th April 2012, 8:59 pm

Hey this is my third time on here and soooooo pleased ive come across yr post, i have a massive phobia with being sick and more worried about that than the actual op (no doubt this will change as it gets closer lol) pleased that they can give anti-sickness meds before you wake up, fingers crossed they work!!!!!!!

BA - 14th June
KimyP
KimyP
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 24th April 2012, 9:07 pm

Its the pain killers hon. (morphine type drugs)

xx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 25th April 2012, 12:36 am

Everyone is different, its similar to how some people get sick from seafood and some don't.

Can be the GA, but usually tis the Morphine, which is why when we give it we always give it with an anti-sickness too. If you've taken codeine before and been ok then you should be ok with morphine. Make sure to bring it up with your anaesthetist if you're worried about it x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 25th April 2012, 9:48 am

Thanks Nurse sophie,

yes Ive been prescribed codeine for back pain in the past n I noticed that u must eat something with it otherwise I'd start to feel a bit sick. Is it the same with the morphine?? That you must have something to eat with it, to prevent feeling/being sick??

Thankyou all for your advice/opinions, it means alot. What would we do without this forum? Its excellent :))) xx

Is it the anesthetic that makes u sick or the BA?? 948189
chrissy86
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shirtripper 25th April 2012, 9:53 am

I'd had 2 previous ga's with no sickness or even feeling sick these were only for an hour tho x with my ba I requested no morphine or strong painkillers as these make me feel I'll I get shakes light headed nausea I found that out after my c section so I had my ba took 2 and half hours came round with no bad pain just felt really sick had to have anti sickness meds which didn't really help either I felt sick for most of next day too the only think I could think of was the longer ga as I only took paracetamol for pain relief x
shirtripper
shirtripper
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 25th April 2012, 10:05 am

Hya shirtstripper,

Im just hoping (that I'll be one of the lucky one's & not be sick at all) but if it happens then it happens, know1 likes been sick but, if I do its only gunna be for a day or two, at the most. So fingers n toes crossed, but bring it on anyway, no time for being a lightweight where a big pair of boobies r concerned lol

My last surgery got cancelled on 8th of this month n re-booked due to a spot on my shoulder (after 8hr of starving & dehydrating, so that left me stressed n peeved off so to be honest. I CANT WAIT NOW haha! Sorry for sounding a bit cukoo lol

Thanks for ur reply hun :)) xx
chrissy86
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 25th April 2012, 10:07 am

Role on 31th may wooooo hooooo!! Is it the anesthetic that makes u sick or the BA?? 204135 xx
chrissy86
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 25th April 2012, 10:24 am

I bet I sound like a right mad head lol xx
chrissy86
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shirtripper 25th April 2012, 10:39 am

Bet you can't wait I was so excited waiting for my big day it's still exciting now I can't wait for summer time to show them off buy some nice bikinis that aren't padded you are gonna love them x don't worry about the pain or ga what will be will be like you said it only gonna be a few days and who cares anyway you gonna have big boobies x
shirtripper
shirtripper
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 25th April 2012, 12:14 pm

My regret about being sick is that I couldn't enjoy all the good food my hospital had to offer, I couldn't have my fish dish! But I really do love my food, not having food that's offered to me isn't the norm, lol!
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 25th April 2012, 3:09 pm

I know roxanne,

I cant function unless Ive had my 3 square meals a day lol! So it will be the same for me if I do end up being sick Is it the anesthetic that makes u sick or the BA?? 43877 but it will be all worthit in the end Is it the anesthetic that makes u sick or the BA?? 154564 Is it the anesthetic that makes u sick or the BA?? 727935 Is it the anesthetic that makes u sick or the BA?? 113752 xx
chrissy86
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down