Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Anesthetic

+5
moongal
Nyssa-H
Jennifer2011
Carlito
lauraswts
9 posters

Go down

General Anesthetic Empty General Anesthetic

Post by lauraswts 8th July 2011, 1:17 pm

Was looking for more info about the actual general anesthetic, needles etc... never been in a hospital before never mind had a GA....this is worrying me and i was wondering about the procedure etc any advice would be appreciated xx
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 260

Back to top Go down

General Anesthetic Empty Re: General Anesthetic

Post by Carlito 8th July 2011, 1:46 pm

hey, there are a few different ways they do the GA last time i just had a needle put in my hand and was given a gas mask counted to 3 and was out. It's not alot of needles or anything so it's not too bad. Just a bit funny coz u just wake up and it seems like 2 mins later. nothin to worry about though hun x
Carlito
Carlito
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 11th July 2011, 6:00 pm

its the whole needle in the hand thing im scared about! the longer u wait i think the more things u get stressed about! thinking ill need a valium to calm me down on the day haha...how do ppl sleep the night before im goin to be ill for sure but totally excited!!
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer2011 11th July 2011, 6:35 pm

I had a catheter inserted into the back of my hand - which I hardly noticed being done as the nurse was talking to me enough to distract me! Then a minute or so after they gave me the GA I was out like a light!

I even had the catheter left in my hand for a while afterwards, not painful just annoying, had to tell the nurse to take it out for me! lol Luckily I had no bruising or anything from it Xx
Jennifer2011
Jennifer2011
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 11th July 2011, 7:27 pm

Thanks jennifer..So how did you feel when you woke up? alot of pain??/
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 11th July 2011, 7:34 pm

I haven't even thought of what will happen on the day, think i'm tryin 2 shut it out lol! I have 2 go into hospital the night b4 and not havin my op until 12pm! Wish it was first thing to i could get it over with!!! xxx
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 671

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 11th July 2011, 7:37 pm

Thats strange going in the night before no? i dont know my time still, dont think they will let me know until a cpl days before! the waiting is a killer! 4 days to go???? did you get things sorted Nyssa-H????
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer2011 11th July 2011, 11:16 pm

Laura, when I first woke up from the op I admit I was in pain, though purely because I'd had no pain meds yet and I had no bra on, I felt like my boobs were so heavy, such a strange feeling! I requested morphine STRAIGHT AWAY! lol after food and drink I felt much better, bear in mind I had gone for 14 hours total without even a drop of water or food of any kind! All worth it hun, that immediate pain doesn't last! Xx
Jennifer2011
Jennifer2011
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by moongal 11th July 2011, 11:19 pm

Thanks for sharing, Jennifer! I'm nervous about this as well...4 days until my BA, and I've never had GA.. yikes!
moongal
moongal
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer2011 11th July 2011, 11:23 pm

No problem! Please don't be nervous!!
I never had any nerves whatsoever, I just wanted to hurry up and get on with it! Don't stress yourself out, you'll be fine :) 4 days! Will be here before you know it! Just relax and enjoy it Xxx
Jennifer2011
Jennifer2011
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by shidanta 12th July 2011, 5:53 am

as do all the other watches from IWCa screw-down crownAny person who is buying Portugal "Lawrence Sports Community Foundation Edition" automatic watch designer karen millen 48-hour power reserve
shidanta
shidanta
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 12th July 2011, 8:21 am

Jennifer2011 wrote:Laura, when I first woke up from the op I admit I was in pain, though purely because I'd had no pain meds yet and I had no bra on, I felt like my boobs were so heavy, such a strange feeling! I requested morphine STRAIGHT AWAY! lol after food and drink I felt much better, bear in mind I had gone for 14 hours total without even a drop of water or food of any kind! All worth it hun, that immediate pain doesn't last! Xx

jeezoohh is that normal to wake up with no bra? i thought when i woke up id have my sports bra on! i think im stressing out for no reason lol..im quite strong and think ill prob man up at the time and be fine haha... i will defo be taking every pain med available!
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 12th July 2011, 9:05 am

they dont put the sports bra on when your asleep, the nurse will help you once you come out f recovery. As you lying down anyway, its not uncomfortable as such. GA is a total breeze, i was so worried, and i seriously didnt need to, it was a waste of time.

If your still abit nervous, read the BA stories and you will see its nothing to worry about x
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 12th July 2011, 2:41 pm

Thanks jen! yeh iv been reading some of the stories trying to put my mind at ease... im totally addicted to this site! haha xx
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Knxgrl 12th July 2011, 2:44 pm

(lol lol JEN your pic is killing me!! WTH are you wearing and WHY????)
Knxgrl
Knxgrl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 373

Back to top Go down

Post by moongal 12th July 2011, 2:53 pm

I think there may be an alternative to GA for some of us...IV sedation or 'twilight' sedation. The advantages of this is that you don't have to be intubated (no tube down the hatch). It may be worth asking about! I have my second consult today (BA surg date is 7-15!), and I will be inquiring...xoox
moongal
moongal
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkyBecky 12th July 2011, 2:55 pm

I asked if i could have the mask and if they could put in the needle after i was knocked out..
10 deep breaths and i was out cold, no needles or anything until i was out of it :)

Ask your surgeon if that can be arranged x
PinkyBecky
PinkyBecky
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by moongal 12th July 2011, 3:05 pm

Ah...a few more advantages to twilight or IV sedation vs. GA.

1) Recovery from sedation is quicker...you feel groggy for a shorter period of time

2) side effects of sedation appear to be less severe.

moongal
moongal
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer2011 12th July 2011, 3:58 pm

Knxgrl wrote:(lol lol JEN your pic is killing me!! WTH are you wearing and WHY????)

She's got the paper knickers on from surgery Hysterical Hysterical Hysterical Hysterical Crazy woman!! Xx
Jennifer2011
Jennifer2011
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Knxgrl 12th July 2011, 4:04 pm

OMG!! General Anesthetic 557141 Thank God i didnt have to wear those!!! General Anesthetic 557141 General Anesthetic 557141 General Anesthetic 557141
I wore my leopard print with hot pink lace!! I'm sure the Dr just LOVED those lol "SURPRISE!!" And My super furry bright colored striped socks with grippers on the bottoms! General Anesthetic 199385
I wanted to write my PS a nice thank you note on my belly in marker but forgot!! lol!
Knxgrl
Knxgrl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 373

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer2011 12th July 2011, 4:07 pm

lmao! Nice! I got stuck with those paper knickers, white knee-length support stockings and my sexy blue gown Hysterical Xx
Jennifer2011
Jennifer2011
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 13th July 2011, 4:18 am

PinkyBecky wrote:I asked if i could have the mask and if they could put in the needle after i was knocked out..
10 deep breaths and i was out cold, no needles or anything until i was out of it :)

Ask your surgeon if that can be arranged x

Suppose i can ask when i go in for my op! i wasnt given an alternative but we will c. if i cud get the gas before that would be helpful lol... where did u get your sports bra in ur avatar?? looks cosy lol xx
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down