Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op

+4
Kat4
luluthefirst
misf1
roxanne
8 posters

Go down

Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op Empty Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op

Post by roxanne 12th March 2012, 11:13 am

I'm driving myself up the wall, and I know stress won't help matters. All I keep hearing about are people getting sickness bugs Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 588945 , kids are constantly in contact with everything at school and nursery. I already have issues with dealing with this kind of thing at the best of times. But I'm so scared something goes wrong, and that my date changes again. I tried to share my concerns with DH but his reaction only made me more nervous, he's tired of hearing about it anyway, so I'll just shut up and not say anything to him, but that's easier said than done.

Nineteen days seems like a world away, I keep thinking, what if I can't make it, what if ps or anaesthiciast can't, I really have to stop putting myself through this. I'm tend to be like this by nature to anyhow, but since my date's changed a couple of times, it's made me even worse. It's like I don't believe it will actually happen, but I realise I really do want it to.

I don't know why I'm telling you all this, sorry to be a neurotic downer Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 751387
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op Empty Re: Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op

Post by misf1 12th March 2012, 11:19 am

Aw hun we all suffer with the nerves. Hence why I arrived at my clinic on op day, an hour before it opened. Why? Because I was convinced we wouldn't be able to park anywhere and I'd miss my op
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op Empty Re: Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op

Post by luluthefirst 12th March 2012, 11:55 am

Aw sweetie, Don't worry.

I posting something similar last week - I ws hoping to get ill this week so that I'm not ill next week for my op (crazy logic, I know!)

And Low and behold, i wake up this morning with a face full of cold sores, but that's ok cos I know they'll be gone by next Thursday.

Depending on your surgeon/anaesthetist, they can be quite lenient with illness. Vomiting and Diarrhoea they won't like, chesy cough they won't like, active bacterial infection (eg abscess, cystitis) they won't like.

But some don't mind dry coughs, and colds.

Just try not to worry, don't take St Johns Wort! But have loads of fruit and veg, stay active but don't overdo it. If you're ill, you're ill (I'm sure you won't be) but if you stay positive it is less likely :) (easier said than done I know)

xxx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 12th March 2012, 12:03 pm

Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 571992 Its just natural nerves! Im not going to say try not to worry cos that would be stupid of me - if you could you would.

I could say do everything you can think of to distract yourself but am pretty sure youre doing that too.

Argh! - sorry hon, just one of them things you need to brave it through. It hard when there are so many parts to making up the moment - the anesthatist getting there on time, and the PS of course, possibilities of illness (lots of vit C now to be safe?) yours and everyone else involved, oh and parking problems (heehee) but in reality its a very very slim chance that anything with happen to cack it up.

You're definately not a downer Roxanne - you've been a lovely supportive friend on here to me when Ive been wobbly - you're stronger than you think. Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 571992 You'll be fine, all will go to plan and in just over a fortnight (almost - so say that to yourself cos it sounds better than 19 days Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 199385 ) you'll be looking fabulous .... more fabulous Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 727935
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 12th March 2012, 12:52 pm

roxanne we'll go through this together. I've had my moments when I think what the hell am I doing. Today I'm excited though. So many emotions and worries. When I read stories I'm on a high again knowing that soon it will be me. I'm scared of needles, scared of the unknown, will I cope afterwards, will I take to having implants etc.

You'll be fine. You're just having an off day xx
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 734

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 12th March 2012, 1:43 pm

Thank you ladies, I don't know what I'd do without you Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 948189

Yeah, I don't think I'm at my best today, though I keep thinking about these things, I'm worse than usual. I want to get all excited which I should, but then feel I shouldn't just in case Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 869500

I'll go for a nice walk with my daughter when she's finished school and take her to swim class. The fresh air should help. I'll try to focus on work, the house, exericse and family, but it's easier said than done.

On the positive note, it shows I really want this, I have no doubts at all about my decision anymore, I truly am ready for this. I'm not actually scared of needles and all that, so at least that's not an issue for me. I just feel like I'll relax once I'm at the hospital about to have the op...or more like about to be put to sleep right now, lol! xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rosygirl90 12th March 2012, 7:17 pm

good lucky it wil be fine!it wil be over befor you know it!i hope you will be happy and i wish you the best of luck xxxx
rosygirl90
rosygirl90
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 654

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 12th March 2012, 10:57 pm

Thank you. I'm about to go to bed, and when I wake up I'll be one day closer. I was ready for this yesterday though xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rosygirl90 12th March 2012, 11:18 pm

aww its an amazing experience ...... thou i dont want to have another op lol. put i just felt llike i was glazed over on my op dream like it did not feel real-no pain felt at all.apart from them putting a needle in my hand for the anesthetic and they couldnt find my vein so kept bloody stabbing my hand looking for it lol! xxxx
rosygirl90
rosygirl90
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 654

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 13th March 2012, 7:08 am

Morning Roxanne!!

Its only natural darling that you are going to worry that something will go wrOng which will mean it wont happen and yes! Take the positive from that that it means you really want this!!!

The chances of you getting poorly or the op being cancelled due to illness on the hospitals side etc etc is v slim. But you've been moved twice, date wise, so its no surprise that you are cOncerned!!

Hey....Roxanne..... I bet you five quid it'll happen on 31st March ;)

Xxxxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 500

Back to top Go down

Post by xaxa 13th March 2012, 7:52 am

Hi roxanne, it's normal to be excited otherwise we won't be human! Only that some people feel it more than others. For instance I'm only 3 days away and I don't feel nervous at all. All I know is that I wanted it my whole life and finally the day has arrived so I'm happy about it. I wish I had done it before!
As Kat suggested, try to keep your mind distracted (you have kids so that's easy for you hehe). I don't have anyone with me except my bf so I disctracted my mind with online shopping, looking for dresses and shoes.
I caught a cold last Thursday (1 week before my op) so I called the clinic and asked them if it's ok. They said the anaesthesist will do a quick check-up on the day and he will decide. I was allowed to take Vitamin C. So, I stayed in the whole weekend and took everything possible: Vitamin C, Actimel (delicious yoghurt drink to strengthen your immune system), gargled with salt water, gargled with antibacterial mouth wash, lemon juice with honey, ginger tea with propolis, fruit, hot spicy food (works wonders for me)... and now I'm fine the cold disappeared (no wonder after having all that stuff). But to be honest, I brought this on myself because I was sooo scared of falling ill that it actually happened. Try to keep calm roxanne nothing will go wrong Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 571992
xaxa
xaxa
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1254

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 14th March 2012, 7:40 am

Thanks for reassurance girls. I have to tell myself this is the third date they give me, and it's the right one. I'm trying to take the approach of what will be will be, but it's easier said than done at times.

I'm a bit sneezy atm, but this seems to be the norm with the kids constantly bringing things back from school and nursery. I'll make sure to take high strength vit c and zinc, and try to find my calm place, lol. Were you told to stay away from garlic since it's a blood thinner, and if so for how long? Usually a bit of raw garlic helps to fight things off when they first appear.

Nepoly, five pound? Shall we use this as an excuse have a meet up at some point? xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 14th March 2012, 8:34 am

Roxanne were you advised to take arnica? I've not heard anything from THG re. what time I have to be there etc. I have already booked my post op appointments.

I think all March buddies should meet up in the summer xx
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 734

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 14th March 2012, 8:36 am

Honestly, until homeopathy's been scientifically proven, I remain to be convinced. So I haven't planned on taking arnica. I've got plenty of other supplements in store though xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 14th March 2012, 8:40 am

And yeah, a meet up would be great! xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 14th March 2012, 9:53 am

Arnica has been proven to work

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But other studies say it doesn't... controversial!!
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 14th March 2012, 10:00 am

Thanks for the links, I shall have a look at these in more detail. I have no doubt that arnica itself has healing properties. So the topical arnica results makes sense. However, homeopathic studies have been way too hit and miss for me to be convinced yet. xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 14th March 2012, 12:48 pm

A March buddies meet would be a great idea!!! We'll need to decide where is central to all. I am near Stamford in Lincolnshire close to the A1 x

I'm taking arnica, dont know if it'll work but theres no harm I guess i cant see much bruising at the mo but i am swollen between my boobs x gonna get mu picturetrail up now :)) xxxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 500

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 15th March 2012, 12:35 pm

There's no harm in taking the arnica. At worse it does nothing, at best it actually does work and helps reduce bruising. I expect bruising since I'm having an uplift, but I won't blame it on not taking arica if that's the route I go Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 48411
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 15th March 2012, 12:38 pm

Oh, and hotel and train are booked for the day before op. I plan on relaxing once I get there Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 48411
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 15th March 2012, 10:21 pm

good for you!! nice long hot soak in the bath and a chill out - only a shame you cant have a nice glass of something in there too Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 683465 Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 199385
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 15th March 2012, 10:35 pm

I know Kat. A nice glass with my husband, but he's working, so I can't have either Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 683465 It'll be good to relax on my own though with nothing to do, it's a nice luxury Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 321562
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 15th March 2012, 10:43 pm

Aww I know, I remember you said your husband was working - thats a shame. Otherwise I would have been suggesting that you and HE stayed in the hotel, kids with a babysitter and then you could have chilled out - or something Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 375568 - together.

Have to confess, I had a glass of red with my dinner the night before (but then I hadnt been told not to!) and Im still here Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 184153
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 15th March 2012, 11:07 pm

It's not like the thought hasn't crossed my mind Kat Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 199385 A small glass of wine with a meal is tempting.

But with the uplift and mini tt, there'll be a lot of cutting and bleeding, perhaps I should play it safe.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 15th March 2012, 11:15 pm

you'd only worry i spose and not enjoy it - cos you know what the ladies have had to say about not doing it - I didnt know till it was too late.

It was nice tho hahah .... slurp - horrible arnt i Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 557141

save yourself and have champagne when you are healed some - to celebrate all your new bits Nervous wreck, scared things go wrong pre-op 571992
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down