Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pocket Revision help

+3
Sue Scrivs
kay
Claire300
7 posters

Go down

Pocket Revision help Empty Pocket Revision help

Post by Claire300 11th March 2012, 4:19 pm

Hello

I had my BA last September and my right is perfect, my left has never been quite right. My scar is below my crease, its higher at the top and is smaller than the right one. What really bothers me though is that I have a large gap between but I now also have an indent and when I put a bra on I get a blunt line instead of smoothness and roundness in the middle on that side and when I lift my arms its like there is a dent and is smaller in width that the other

I went back to see my surgeon last month and he said its like that because of my body.

I went back again and he said I could have pocket revision to try and correct it but that it may not help.

Can anyone advice me how effective pocket revision is as the surgeon says he wont guarantee anything and doesn't know if it will help and wasn't very helpful about the whole thing?

I have a picture to show what I mean. I will try and load it as my avatar.

Thanks

Claire300
Claire300
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Pocket Revision help Empty Re: Pocket Revision help

Post by kay 11th March 2012, 4:25 pm

I can't offer any help on a pocket revision x however I can see exactly what you mean by looking at your avatar xx

I think I would want a bit more commitment from the PS though xx

Have you considered getting a second opinion? xx Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire300 11th March 2012, 4:33 pm

Yeah Im going next week to see another surgeon there as he seemed annoyed at me for being upset about it!

But wanted to see if anyone had encountered similar problems.
Claire300
Claire300
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 11th March 2012, 4:58 pm

I've had problems, but not of the same nature as yours xx

My advice is this; if you are not happy then kick up a fuss until you get what you paid for and you are happy xx Give You

I can see that things aren't right in your avvi, and your PS should be doing everything he can to put things right and if he can't, then he should be referring you to someone that can xx Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire300 11th March 2012, 5:11 pm

Thank you for the advice, sorry to hear you have had problems too.

I hope they have been sorted for you and you are now happy!

xx
Claire300
Claire300
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 11th March 2012, 6:28 pm

They will never be perfect but after 3 ops they are more normal looking xx :thumbs:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire300 11th March 2012, 7:50 pm

I think they look lovely in your avatar! xx
Claire300
Claire300
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Scrivs 11th March 2012, 9:08 pm

Hi Claire

I'm no expert but I would definitely be making your dissatisfaction heard repeatedly with your ps, following up in writing, sending copies to your solicitor (just pick one in your town and put 'cc: Wright, Hassall & Co' or whatever the name is even if you don't have a solictor) telling him you're not accepting the excuse that it's just your body and requesting his plan to make good his work. Pocket Revision help 221105 Just your body?? Utter nonsense in my opinion. Pocket Revision help 751387

I'm sure someone here will give you advice about pocket revision and hope that you can get it sorted quickly and without unpleasantness. Be assertive not aggressive. But don't be fobbed off!

x
Sue Scrivs
Sue Scrivs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 11th March 2012, 9:42 pm

Hi Claire - I had my pocket revision on 21st of Feb and Im happy to say it DID cure my problem.

It was similar to yours ... what you said ... "My scar is below my crease, its higher at the top and is smaller than the right one" - mine was similar to this and the revision was definately successful.

My pocket changes were only made at the bottom - my lefty was sitting higher up on my chest. Since the op it has lowered obviously but making the pocket lower has meant that the lower pole is now fuller, the nip is better positioned, its more round and fuller - to match the right one which was always good.

I think that the lowering meant that the anatomical shape could sit better in the pocket - I see you had them too so would be hopeful for you that it could be done the same in your case - the same with the cleavage positioning - would just mean the pocket would need moving a little at the side too wouldnt it surely!?

I really think you should stand your ground like the other ladies have said - its not on - I think its a shi**y thing of your PS to say its 'just your body' - from my experience I do not believe this sweet and I believe they could and should sort it for you.

Honestly I was beside myself with how bad it made me feel looking and comparing - and I even worried myself sick when the re-op was scheduled thinking that what if it was made worse. It didnt Claire, Im so glad Ive had it done - honestly.

You are doing the right thing trying to see another PS too - how dare he be annoyed that you are upset! of course you would be. Chin up, it can be fixed hon.

Please let us know how you get on at your appt next week, will be thinking of you. Pocket Revision help 571992
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 12th March 2012, 8:38 am

Thanks for the compliment Claire xx

And that's great news and advice from Kat xx :thumbs:

Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ruby roo 12th March 2012, 1:36 pm

Hey Hun, sorry your having trouble. I have had pocket revision quite a few times now and 3 years down the line mine are still not right! I'm now in process of taking it all formal..
What I will say though is my aftercare has been pretty good, with them seeing there faults so as your with hospital group so I should hope that wont be a problem.
Pocket revision is pretty straight forward and it seems to me the implant hasn't dropped so it just needs lowering. But if your not happy with what your surgeon has said then they will give u a second opinion with a different surgeon. Hope u get it sorted Hun xxx
ruby roo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 910

Back to top Go down

Post by ruby roo 12th March 2012, 1:37 pm

Have you had your boobs sorted now Kay? Xx
ruby roo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire300 12th March 2012, 2:12 pm

Thank you everyone for your comments.

He did offer me pocket revision which is good I am just worried it wont work and dont know if I should have it with him or another surgeon. I am seeking a second opinion next sunday and will ask more questions then and speak to my PC.

For those of you who have had pocket revsion; was the discomfort and process the same as your original surgery? Or was it not as bad?

Claire xx
Claire300
Claire300
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 12th March 2012, 2:52 pm

I think in my case it was worth going for the revision as I couldn't live with them the way they were, however I should never have had a second op with my original PS as I had no confidence in him, quite rightly so as well xx

You are going to have to weigh up the pros, cons, risks and outcomes and make your decision based on that hun xx Second op I found ok and not as bad as first, but third one was worse than first and second xx Hug

Hey Ruby Roo wavey long time no speak xx I'm good thanks, will never have perfect boobs but they definitely look more normal now after the 3rd op xx Sounds like you're still struggling hun? xx Sorry to hear that xx Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ruby roo 12th March 2012, 4:37 pm

Claire300 wrote:Thank you everyone for your comments.

He did offer me pocket revision which is good I am just worried it wont work and dont know if I should have it with him or another surgeon. I am seeking a second opinion next sunday and will ask more questions then and speak to my PC.

For those of you who have had pocket revsion; was the discomfort and process the same as your original surgery? Or was it not as bad?

Claire xx

If your surgeon has offered pocket revision then I doubt very much to start off with they will offer another surgeon as it's the surgeon u have your aftercare with unless that surgeon leaves company! If it doesn't work after pocket revision then u have more of a case to say you have had two attempts to get it right so I'm not giving you a 3rd!!
My ops have been so much easier than the first one, not as painful believe it all not maybe as you no what to expect!! Would if be worth you changing to round implants?? Xxx
ruby roo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ruby roo 12th March 2012, 4:40 pm

longdesc="10" />

Hey Ruby Roo Pocket Revision help 399357 long time no speak xx I'm good thanks, will never have perfect boobs but they definitely look more normal now after the 3rd op xx Sounds like you're still struggling hun? xx Sorry to hear that xx Pocket Revision help 571992 [/quote]
Hey Kay, very long time no speak, glad u have finally had them sorted, did transform do it for you? Yes I'm still having problems, but this time enough is enough!! Don't really want to say to much public ally on here as u never no who is snooping lol!! But I think I hate my boobs more than I did before I had them done, :( xxxx
ruby roo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire300 12th March 2012, 5:28 pm

My surgeon said to me that I could go see another and see what they could do for me so I thought I could choose to have another surgeon do it if I wanted to?
I am really happy with my right so i was just going to have surgery on my left which is the problem side...

xxx
Claire300
Claire300
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ruby roo 12th March 2012, 7:07 pm

No it's the actual surgeons insurance that covers you for a re-op and I would very much doubt they would let another surgeon do it. They may get a second opinion off a different surgeon, but very much doubt he would pass you on etc. I may be wrong but that's what I have always been told.. Xxx
ruby roo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 13th March 2012, 8:51 am

I agree with Ruby hun xx they normally sort out issues themselves in the first instance that's why I had to go back to my original PS for my second op xx

If he doesn't sort it out second time round then you have grounds to request someone else does it as I did xx

Aw Ruby Hug Sorry to hear you still not sorted xx PM me hun if you need anything or just fancy a moan xx

Transform did meet all the costs, however I used a reconstruction PS that I was referred to by them who gave me the same advice as James gave me when I went to see him xx he does some work for Transform but mainly he does reconstruction for mastectomy patients xx

They are still not perfect but the shape is loads better xx the scarring around the areola wasn't revised at the time so is still bad and something that I may look to have done in the future xx I'm just glad to not have it worrying me constantly anymore and have had enough of surgery to last me a while for now xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by contessina 11th May 2012, 1:34 pm

Hi Claire,

I've just seen this post and thought your avatar looks similar to mine in a way. I'm 13 months post-op and have finally been told I can have a free re-op! Initially my surgeon said there was no problem, then he offered pocket revision with no guarantees.. I got various 2nd opinions, was told I'd have to pay for hospital stay.. balh blah, it went on and on and I got really quite depressed in the depths of it. I just wanted to say don't give up and I would suggest you start communicating by letter/email as it is a really good way to put your point across and is all traceable. Good luck xxx
contessina
contessina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by contessina 11th May 2012, 1:36 pm

contessina wrote:Hi Claire,

I've just seen this post and thought your avatar looks similar to mine in a way.

Apologies for appalling English... I meant your boobies in your avatar look similar to my boobies in a bra!
contessina
contessina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire300 11th May 2012, 6:36 pm

Hello

The surgeon I saw for second opinion confirmed the pocket was too small and thought that my implant had rotated and offered to de the revision surgery for me all paid for as per my guarentee. I went back and saw my original surgeon who then offered me revision surgery but wasnt very nice about it and suggested that I shouldnt be unhappy or have the revision surgery. I talked to my pc and we both decided I should have the revision with the other surgeon. I had the surgery on the 29th april my birthday! Im still swollen on that side but went back to work after a week and it already looks better! I am unhappy about how unhelpful my surgeon was and that he fobbed me off saying it was just me in the first instance and am thinking about complaining. Thank you everyone for your help

xxx
Claire300
Claire300
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire300 11th May 2012, 6:37 pm

Good luck with your op! xx
Claire300
Claire300
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th May 2012, 9:40 pm

Claire300 wrote:I had the surgery on the 29th april my birthday! Im still swollen on that side but went back to work after a week and it already looks better! I am unhappy about how unhelpful my surgeon was and that he fobbed me off saying it was just me in the first instance and am thinking about complaining. Thank you everyone for your help

xxx

Really sorry to read you had such a difficult time with your original surgeon Claire, but really pleased you pushed for what was right and another surgeon has made you happy sweetheart. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down