Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

revision -do they remove pocket too?

4 posters

Go down

revision -do they remove pocket too? Empty revision -do they remove pocket too?

Post by senora 22nd October 2013, 8:41 am

hi girls need to have revision as you probably know for pips do they normally remove pocket capsule too and if going bigger would they remove or expect it to stretch??

thanks girls xx
senora
senora
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 333

Back to top Go down

revision -do they remove pocket too? Empty Re: revision -do they remove pocket too?

Post by jenniferrf1 22nd October 2013, 9:20 am

Hi senora, im pretty sure that they do not need to remove the pocket and will be able to replace your pips with new implants straight forward... A capsulotomy is the term used I think then the pocket needs to be removed but I think this is in the case of is you have suffered CC?
Im pretty sure that's right but see what the other members say to make sure! xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

revision -do they remove pocket too? Empty Re: revision -do they remove pocket too?

Post by senora 22nd October 2013, 9:33 am

thanks jenn feeling alittle better today it sure does bring it all home thou rang and will see patient coordinator after nathan today so i can get better idea of what they will do xxx
senora
senora
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd October 2013, 11:23 am

The 'pocket' is VERY different to the 'capsule' that surrounds the implant Senora.

The 'pocket' can never be removed. Once that's created its there for life. Its like getting your ears pierced babe and they make a hole for the earring. Its the same concept, just a hole made to hold the implant. 

What happens when you have breast implants is when implanted a 'capsule' forms around the implant. We ALL have a capsule surrounding our implants, its our bodies own natural defence so when it recognises the the foreign body (implant) the body naturally forms a capsule around it so it doesn't affect other parts of your body (aren't our bodies such amazing things!)

Now... If you have CC the capsule tightens around the implant, which contracts and causes you pain and distortion.

Depending on the level of CC either a partial capsulectomy would need to be made or a full... Just depending on how bad things are.

The same when you have a rupture. Not everyone needs a capsulectomy after a rupture. It depends on the damages done and possible CC which sometimes comes hand in hand when a rupture happens and if things are bad, again... The degree of damage with determine what will happen, even a partial or full capsulectomy. 

As yon know your implants are intact there shouldn't be any problems at all lovely so it would be a straight forward replacement whereby the surgeon will cut through the scar tissue which is the capsule, take the old implant out and replace with a new one. The body then again heals the capsule over naturally.

So you see... The pocket is a completely different thing to a capsule babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by senora 22nd October 2013, 7:01 pm

thanks cookie i was thinking capsule but thankyou for explaining hun ...what exactly is a capsulectomy hun? xxx
senora
senora
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd October 2013, 9:10 pm

A capsulectomy is when the surgeon cuts away the scar tissue (capsule) that surrounded the implant out of the breast pocket and then they clean out the entire pocket so that when you have new implants inserted an entirely new capsule can grow around it again. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 30th October 2013, 1:49 pm

yeah im hoping that my CC i just need to capsule "scored" to release it a bit, fingers crossed xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by senora 31st October 2013, 7:19 pm

hi tink hope ur ok have u had this done or waiting ..
any ideas on recovery time?xx
senora
senora
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by senora 31st October 2013, 7:20 pm

hi cookie im wondering if slight cc as he wants to score pocket ...but he implied it was do to assymetry , wat u think would this help?xxx
senora
senora
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 31st October 2013, 7:29 pm

Waiting to have it done xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 31st October 2013, 7:30 pm

Cookies on holiday at the moment...
But if you've been told you have asymmetry due to slight cc scoring the capsule could help as it will loosen the capsule and possibly let the implant drop a little and become the same level as the other? Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by senora 31st October 2013, 7:34 pm

thanks jen i dont get pain on tighter side if anything its the side with more moement can get bit achey outside edge ..slightly towards the lower half...this side i had crease lowered.. but surgeon said creases all good and fixed xxx 
hope not too long to wait tink 
xxx
senora
senora
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 31st October 2013, 7:44 pm

Both of my creases have been lowered but I'm still only 7 weeks post op so havnt seen the final result at the moment! Cookie is back in about a week :)
I hope you have your revision soon too! Xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 31st October 2013, 7:47 pm

25 days xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by senora 31st October 2013, 8:25 pm

fingers crossed i just want to get it done now waiting to see about costs as have to have larger implants which may need to be ordered ...must be mad paying out but better to not have worry of these pips . luckily for me they are ok at mo  feel awful for the girls who are having issues with them xxx
senora
senora
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 31st October 2013, 8:34 pm

It is awful the whole pip scenario :( im really happy that you havnt had any problems though and ASAP will have them replaced... They are still being reported on now... I saw an article in the paper yesterday stating that ladies with pips do NOT have an increased risk of cancer, will be looking forward to hearing you have a date xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down