Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pocket revision?

+2
anneritchley
Jen23
6 posters

Go down

Pocket revision?  Empty Pocket revision?

Post by Jen23 4th February 2015, 10:07 am

Hi girls!
Ive seen a few of you have had Pocket revisions and I just wondered what for and how and....well, everything really.
My Righty has been odd since the beginning, as many of u on here will know. Maybe its just over thinking or what, I dunno, but I think maybe the Pocket is a tad too small. My implant feels almost puckered on the edge in my cleavage. And when I lift my arms he right implant follows a lot more whereas the left stays put a lot better. My left has more movement also.
My righty has always felt quite tight, almost pinched if that makes sense? And it still isn't sitting flat to my chest on the cleavage edge and at the top.
I know its still early days, im 12 weeks post op, and I only saw my surgeon a few weeks ago (he did comment on the ridge caused by the implant edge,but said it would settle) and he said I was doing great. I forgot to mention the puckered feeling though. Duh me!
I do trust him,he is a fantastic surgeon and I don't want to insult him by suggesting he hasn't done his job properly.
How long did it take you guys/your surgeons think u needed a pocket revision?
Kind words of encouragement needed here girls :)
Thanks, Jen x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 791

Back to top Go down

Pocket revision?  Empty Re: Pocket revision?

Post by anneritchley 4th February 2015, 10:11 am

Hi Jen, I was just saying about this kind of in the other topic. My right is tighter and still needs to drop. It's noticeable in a bra as well. I would have thought by 10 weeks PO it would have caught up. Your 12 weeks PO and have a similar issue. Although mine is not pukkering xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 4th February 2015, 10:17 am

Mine is in my bra too. The ladyat m and s said " ooh, so your right is the bigger boob" nope, its the left. The right just sits about a cm higher. Its doing my nut in. Trying to be patient tho. Don't wanna leave it too long though if anything does need fixing, especially with furries adhering to the pocket. Revision could be a right nightmare x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 4th February 2015, 10:34 am

Jen, don't worry about offending your surgeon. If you feel uncomfortable about something you should speak to him once more. And as for the lady at m and s, does she think 2 breasts are supposed to be identical.its not really her place to say that. Xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 4th February 2015, 10:43 am

Think I might call just to get it noted. Its been really achey since last friday. I definitely think Pocket is smaller. It could be rippling of course, but I don't think so. The outer shell makes rippling harder to feel or see with these implants. Plus it wouldn't be the edge surely? Would be the dome bit? Think I need to make a phone call x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 4th February 2015, 10:45 am

Yes at least you know where you are xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 4th February 2015, 10:59 am

Any surgeon wont touch you again until at least 6months. However, if you're worried, don't think you're going to offend the surgeon! You've paid them a hella lot of money, if somethings wrong, tell them! Make sure all your points are noted, and then if you still feel there is no change at 6month, go back again. It could still be that its stubborn and taking its time a little, but then its furries, so I can understand the worry.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 4th February 2015, 12:05 pm

Thanks charlii, I knew there would be some kind of time scale involved.
Ive got an appointment next Wed at 1.30, spoke to them on the phone and Sally went to speak to Jonathan straight away. All my previous concerns were noted, he bought them all up with me when I went a couple of weeks ago.
Trying not to worry cuz its becoming all I think about and is making me quite upset :( x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 4th February 2015, 5:04 pm

Come on cookie,what do you have say about it? Could use yr expertise! :) Have u ever heard of Pocket being small and squishing an implant? X
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 4th February 2015, 6:44 pm

I'm not sure how squished it is and realise you have a different inplant type but one of my pockets is slightly tighter than the other. It's most notable when I raise arms. Surgeon told me to grab boob and move in circles but I wouldn't recommend you do that! I guess over time the pocket will naturally stretch. But otherwise for me personally because it's not so noticeable when arms are by my side or in a bra I'm not going to do anything else about it, even if offered a surgical option. Seeing surgeon again next week so we'll discuss again. Great you have an appt too!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 4th February 2015, 7:00 pm

Oh it is absolutely possible the pocket is too small and could need a little snip to release it, but I'd think it's too early to diagnose just yet.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 4th February 2015, 7:25 pm

Yes I agree, too early at the moment.
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th February 2015, 8:17 pm

The 'puckering' you're mentioning.... I have a feeling this could be rippling Jen. 

Can you see it? Or just 'feel it'?

If you can only feel it, this is absolutely normal. We will mostly all feel some degree of rippling to the inside cleavage or the outer edges of the cleavage. It's more prominent when leaning forward for most of us and this is when it can mostoy be felt. 

However.....IF you can 'see' puckering your surgeon shouldn't ignore this and it's very likely it's not going to go away Jen. If it can be seen your surgeon should discuss this with you and explain why you're seeing this, it could be that the implant is too large, I don't know....but you should be given an estimated time for you to wait and then . Be sure you get it noted too. If it can be seen, it's called 'Rippling'. 

The 'ridge' too that can be felt in the breast crease. This isn't going to 'settle' either. It's going to stay exactly as it is because it's absolutely normal Jen. The majority of us can feel the implant edge in the Breast crease because no matter if you have overs, or partials the implant always has the possibility of being able to be felt like a little ridge in the crease because even with partials the implant is only ever covered to the top part of the implant, the bottom is released to enable you to have a nice natural shape. 

The 'odd' feeling can last a long while. Both boobs whilst healing will never really heal at the same rate hence one will most likely always be a little behind the other and you may experience sensation in that side you may not necessarily feel in the other side. 

When I was around your time in my healing I'd convinced myself I had CC because I felt like my implant was bunching up inside my breast. It wasn't of course, it was just the nerves healing whilst sending out these strange sensations

No matter what though, if you're concerned about ANYTHING do get it written in your notes. This is so important.

Nothing is worth getting yourself upset over though Jen, so far everything you've mentioned there (as long as the puckering you're talking about can only be felt) is all normal. I know how easy it is to be yourself all wrapped in the possibility of complication but the percentage rates are really very, very low. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 4th February 2015, 10:00 pm

Thank u so much everyone! Evenin now I do feel a little silly for allowing myself to get worked up again when I promised myself I wouldn't it anything get to me until the 6 month mark as so much will still be changing...and even after that.
Its mad how our rational selves know all this, but then we panic and it all goes out the window.
It probably is rippling cookie. I can feel it but not see it. The ridge is on the top side of my breast sorry, not in the crease. Its a lot better than it was at first.
Yr probablyright about the nerves too, been having a lot of hot pokers recently lol
I will definitely keep my appointment, like u say good to get it all noted. Im sure he will say the same as always, still early, needs to settle, still swelling and changing.
I got myself in a right state earlier and ended up crying on J and didn't do ly work out cuz I was having a strop lol
We are funny!
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 5th February 2015, 7:07 am

You are due to see yr surgeon again jen? I have one about 2 cm higher and had pocket revision 6 weeks ago I also changed to anatomicals but that was because I didn't like my look. I found the recovery almost painless x
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 5th February 2015, 8:07 am

Jen if I feel the top near side to my arm, but at the top of my boob I can feel the ridge of my implant but can't see it. I bought this up with my surgeon, and he said nothing to worry about. Xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down