Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What exercise and when?

+10
Starry
steph999
angellauren
vicks
Sue Scrivs
kiwigirl
Aurora1979
surfgirl
alexandra33
Nepoly
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What exercise and when? Empty What exercise and when?

Post by Nepoly 22nd February 2012, 10:40 pm

Evening!What exercise and when? 399357

I'm only 19 days pre op so am not going to embark on any kind of major fitness regime but would like to think about what I am going to do post op!What exercise and when? 375568

I like running, aerobics, swimming......but am open minded really as long as I can start to get fit in time for my holiday in August...I know it's a long way away but I want to start as soon as possible.What exercise and when? 773440

So, I'm just wondering what exercise everyone did post op and when post op?What exercise and when? 48411

Thanks girls!!What exercise and when? 571992

Nepoly

xxxxxxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 500

Back to top Go down

What exercise and when? Empty Re: What exercise and when?

Post by alexandra33 23rd February 2012, 2:54 pm

I was told:

at 2 weeks: easy walking
at 4 weeks: more intense exercise (not using muscles)
at 6 weeks: can start using chest muscles again (but no seriously heavy lifting)

but every PS is different.....
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by surfgirl 23rd February 2012, 7:15 pm

I would go with what Alex said. I did that with first op and was all fine. I just had re-op and can do chest weights at 2 weeks and run very soon too.....got to get rest of body looking bikini ready now the boobs are!

Surfgirl
surfgirl
surfgirl
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 23rd February 2012, 11:30 pm

What exercise and when? 184153 Thanks girls! That gives me an idea...

Nepoly

xx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 24th February 2012, 12:47 pm

I was told gentle walking as soon as I felt able to just to keep mobile, no intense exercise for 4 weeks, no weights for 6-8 weeks but to listen to my body, so.......
Week 1: By day 3 I was walking to the bus stop to meet my OH from work, more just to get out of the house.
Week 2: Actually day 10 was back at work - felt fine - just tired that week.
Week 3 and 4: I went to the gym twice each week, just brisk walking on the treadmill, managed 5k in the second of those weeks.
Week 5: this week - managed my old routine of gym 5 times this week, just walking Mon and Wed but managed intervals (walking / running) Tues, Thurs and Friday :-)
Week 6: hoping to be back to running 5k next week.
Week 7 & 8: running and doing some lightweights on my own
Week 9: hopefully back my old routine of kettlebells twice a week, running twice a week and body pump once a week
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 25th February 2012, 6:16 am

I did bugger all for about 4 days, day 5 started walking etc, back at work on day 12, back at the gym on day 14 doing walking and recumbent bike (just gently). By about 3 weeks post op I was doing the elliptical trainer but without using the arm part, and pretty much maintained that level of activity until 6 weeks and then just went back to my normal routine including weights etc. Didn't run for ages though, not until I found a way to totally immobilize my boobs!!

xx
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 25th February 2012, 7:43 am

Thanks Aurora and kiwigirl!! Very helpful.... I am sure I will refer to these posts over the coming weeks!!!!

Xxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Scrivs 25th February 2012, 3:55 pm

I know what you mean - dropping out of a trusted exercise routine is hard on the body and the mind! I did the same as kiwigirl and was on the cross trainer (minus arms) by day 21 or so and did my first 45 minute run on Thursday at day 27. Had my boobs lashed into a shock absorber running bra and took it as easy as I could. No problems since! What exercise and when? 154564 Search for the thread 'when can I start running again' to see the discussion about this exact subject!

x
Sue Scrivs
Sue Scrivs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by vicks 25th February 2012, 8:30 pm

Hello

Im on day 18 now and tacked up and rode my horse for 20 mins in walk and a little trot. I didn't do anything but walk for the first 2 wks, i walked ALOT! Ive been able to run up and down the stairs for a good few days now and dont get any pain from the bounce but i wouldn't want to go running.

Im not sure if you can swim until your incisions are completely closed. Mine are still being taped up and haven't completely healed yet.

Im just listening to what my bodies telling me really. If it hurts then im stopping. It depends on what muscles your using i've found e.g. i can lift a full basket of wet washing but find it hard to put my car in 5th gear!

xxx
vicks
vicks
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 25th February 2012, 10:18 pm

Cool!!! So i shant be a couch potato for very long at all then???!? Boo hiss!!!

Will have to take it as it comes then!!

Thanks girls!!

Xxxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 27th February 2012, 11:13 am

I managed my first 5km run today, slower than my old times but a run nonetheless and it felt soooooo good :-)
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by angellauren 27th February 2012, 11:31 am

vicks wrote:Hello

Im on day 18 now and tacked up and rode my horse for 20 mins in walk and a little trot. I didn't do anything but walk for the first 2 wks, i walked ALOT! Ive been able to run up and down the stairs for a good few days now and dont get any pain from the bounce but i wouldn't want to go running.

Im not sure if you can swim until your incisions are completely closed. Mine are still being taped up and haven't completely healed yet.

Im just listening to what my bodies telling me really. If it hurts then im stopping. It depends on what muscles your using i've found e.g. i can lift a full basket of wet washing but find it hard to put my car in 5th gear!

xxx

Ooh a horse rider whose had a boob job! How are you finding riding? I can't wait to get back in the saddle!!
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Scrivs 27th February 2012, 11:45 am

Aurora1979 wrote:I managed my first 5km run today, slower than my old times but a run nonetheless and it felt soooooo good :-)

YAY for your 5k Aurora! Congratulations! I won't ask if you feel good as it's obvious and you and your boobs picked a wonderful day to do it What exercise and when? 923101 You're on your way back What exercise and when? 571992!

x
Sue Scrivs
Sue Scrivs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 27th February 2012, 11:51 am

Fell great - on such a high dance I run in the gym so not really bothered by weather but definitely a good start to the week dance

My OH wants to go to the gym when the London Marathon is on so that he can pretend he is running with the Elite Men as he can do a half marathon in the time they do a full one so I am planning to join him on the treadmills and see how far I can go in that time.
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Scrivs 27th February 2012, 1:53 pm

Cool idea! I quit racing 3 years ago when I became obsessed, injured and lost too much weight (including my boobs What exercise and when? 267328) but I still get race-envy when I see the full and half marathons being publicised. I bet my times would be slower now carrying these puppies What exercise and when? 113752...

x
Sue Scrivs
Sue Scrivs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 27th February 2012, 2:26 pm

Hey angellauren and vicks, I'm a fellow equestrian as well!!!

I found it took me a couple of months to feel comfortable at a sitting trot and over fences, but was back on after 1 month walk, trot, canter. The only problem is my riding shirts and jackets no longer fit (although I haven't shown in AGES so no worries there :) may get new ones for this summer!

What style of riding do you both do?
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 27th February 2012, 6:38 pm

5 weeks and im back!!!!! Running away, working 13 hour shifts and feeling fab!!!!!! Cheerleader
Still got the icky rash but we wont discuss that whilst im happy :doh:

I was back walking lots from 4 days but nothing else until the 5 week mark, since then i've been on runs and felt great!!! (legs sore YESSS)
Back to the gym thursday as I canceled membership until march so I couldnt go back. Will let you know how I get on! Not planning on getting back to boxing or pole dancing for a month or so (9 weeks po or more) as its hard on the upper body.

xxxx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Scrivs 27th February 2012, 7:06 pm

By the way I had a huge number of wolf whistles during yesterday's run - one bloke even slowed down on his motorbike, hooted and rode along beside me waving and nodding for a minute which was frankly a bit pervy What exercise and when? 808228 What exercise and when? 588945 . These boobs have definitely upped the attention quota! This morning on the moors in the sunshine with just my dog and lots of sheep was much better!!!

Yay for running, cross-training, horse-riding, working-out, even doing the vacuuming if
that's what floats your boat and gets your heart racing and your
endorphins sloshing round again. What exercise and when? 43418

Ooooh the sore legs Steph - I feel your pain hunni. Stretch stretch stretch and hold on to the stair banister until those muscles work properly again!

x
Sue Scrivs
Sue Scrivs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 27th February 2012, 7:07 pm

Sue Scrivs wrote:one bloke even slowed down on his motorbike, hooted and rode along beside me waving and nodding for a minute which was frankly a bit pervy What exercise and when? 808228 What exercise and when? 588945 .
x

What exercise and when? 557141 What exercise and when? 557141 What exercise and when? 557141 What exercise and when? 557141 What exercise and when? 557141 too funny - men are pretty much standard all over the world aren't they????
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by angellauren 27th February 2012, 10:22 pm

Hey alexandra :-)

I love my show jumping! I did 2 years equine management at college but decided to keep it for play and not work afterwards - no money in it! Considering taking up showing or something though as my pony is out on loan at the moment so feel so out of it, looking for a 2 year old at the moment, love my projects! The pony I've got out on loan I got wild straight from the new forest at 10 months old, he's now only 4 and on loan with a 6 year old girl - he's an absolute angel hehe! Need something bigger now! You do showing? I think I'm a bit aprehensive about jumping after surgery now incase I fall haha showing may be safer for me!
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Starry 18th April 2012, 10:32 am

Hi All,

Im now Day 19 post BA and also been finding it VERY hard not working out like I used to ( 5 days a week ) in fact, its been the hardest part of this process.

I was walking by about day 6 and the surgeon told me I could use stationary bike ( reclining ) not holding the handle bars and also walking. Im think of doing very light leg weights on the machines on day 21?

Very happy with the results and wish id done it sooner. So happy to have found this site ; - )))
Starry
Starry
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 21st April 2012, 12:11 pm

I was wondering if the stationary bike would be ok after 2-3 weeks post-op? I don't fancy the recliner one though, I used to work in the gym as an instructor so all of the members would wonder why I'm using that! So long as I wasn't really going for it or using my arms on the normal bikes would it be ok? Just so I can ease back into it all. X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 23rd April 2012, 11:35 pm

I went to the physio gym on day 12 - I had to go on the stationary bike (no arms cos even the leaning forward with yor arms forward can put pressure on hte boobies) and floor work/steps

It was not strenuous and only to help my leg so I didn't let my heart rate go too high and didn't use my arms for anything.

But normal day to day walking is fine - i think if you feel the need to excersise a really long walk would be better than a quick blast in the gym

xx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 24th April 2012, 10:31 am

Does anyone here do weight training? Would be interested to know when I can get back into that....I'm guessing it's going to be a looong time.
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 537

http://www.twitter.com/maria__elaina

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 24th April 2012, 11:25 am

mariaelaina wrote:Does anyone here do weight training? Would be interested to know when I can get back into that....I'm guessing it's going to be a looong time.

Not sure what level you mean by weight training - using weights or serious free weights for body building?

I do kettlebells and body pump classes. I was back doing light kettlebells at week 8 (I was told no weights prior to then) and I did my first bodypump class at week 10 (which killed me the next day even though I dropped to lower weights than normal).

What I did find is that my strength has come back quicker than I thought it would and 4 weeks after my first post op body pump class I am ready to up the weights to heavier than I was using pre-op.
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next