Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why / How did you choose where to book? V

+8
s4mm1e
barbiegirl
nikitaw86
angellauren
Aurora1979
Sue Scrivs
barbiecon
Nepoly
12 posters

Go down

Why / How did you choose where to book? V Empty Why / How did you choose where to book? V

Post by Nepoly 8th February 2012, 6:43 am

Hi everyone x

I dont't know if this has been done before but I was wondering what were the factors that helped make your decision as to where to book?

I had 2 consults and decided to go with Stephen Hamilton of MyBreast as I really like him and his *work* and there aftercare seems the best :)

I hope this thread doesnt cross any boundaries?

Thanks!

Nepoly
Xxxxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 500

Back to top Go down

Why / How did you choose where to book? V Empty Re: Why / How did you choose where to book? V

Post by barbiecon 8th February 2012, 9:06 am

Hey i went with transform it was between them and harley medical group i went for transform cuz they are a big well known company , i loved my surgoen and my patient co-ordinator,
although in reflection i did rush into picking then, i didnt go to lots of places or try more than one sergon i was a bit too excited and a bit niave but luckely i love my boobies :) and couldnt be happier with results :) x
barbiecon
barbiecon
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Why / How did you choose where to book? V Empty Re: Why / How did you choose where to book? V

Post by Sue Scrivs 8th February 2012, 9:27 am

Hi Nepoly

I chose Beaucare Clinic in Brussels after meeting one of their surgeons in Manchester. They have a lot of experience, are easily accessible on a regular and cheap Flybe flight (under an hour) and are cheap.

So far I'm not regretting my choice but must agree with the others that the lack of offered information pre-op is a bit disappointing. But on the other hand, there is more than enough support and info here on Breast Buddies Why / How did you choose where to book? V 154564
Sue Scrivs
Sue Scrivs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 8th February 2012, 1:34 pm

I saw 3 surgeons, 2 different companies and 1 private.

Mr Malik the private surgeon and Mr Meleagros through Transform were my favourites. I liked them equally and felt very confident in their abilities. So it came down to who offered the most cover as hopefully I won't need it but I needed the peace of mind that it was there if I did. So Mr Meleagros through it was and glad it was as he is the only one who offered me 525s.

I also saw Mr Frati through Harley Medical Group and really didn't like him.

Also happened to be that Transform was the cheapest of the 3, which wasn't a deciding factor but an added bonus.
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 8th February 2012, 1:36 pm

Oh and I chose to see Mr Malik after two personal recommendations. Harley Medical Group I saw as the two personal recommendations saw Mr Malik through HMG but he has since gone private.
Mr Meleagros I saw after seeing the results of his work on this forum - several of the girls avatars I liked and contacted had him as their surgeon.
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by angellauren 8th February 2012, 5:36 pm

I went to the Harley Medical Group last summer and was made to feel like a sheep, so much so it put me off doing anything about it for several months, I hadn't even got as far as meeting with a surgeon, I only met with the nurse and felt like I was being pressured in to paying etc without really knowing enough!

I started thinking about it again and was convinced I'd go with Transform, I'd seen a documentary on TV about them and their prices were really reasonable too.

I then spoke to a girl who was having hers done through the Nuffield. I didn't even realise the Nuffield did cosmetic surgery and there was one a 20 minute walk away/2 minute drive away from my house! One thing I'd been worried about was travelling and if there were any complications post op not being in easy reach of the hospital. Booked a consultation there and really liked my surgeon and they say the rest is history! 2 weeks today exactly!
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiecon 8th February 2012, 6:00 pm

angellauren - Are you from shrewsbury by anychance? as it says west mids and nuffield is by shrewsbury also my friend had hers done at nuffeild and thats the first i had heard of them too x
barbiecon
barbiecon
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 8th February 2012, 6:52 pm

hey

I choose my surgeon as i'd seen some amazing boobies he'd done i only went through transform purely cause i wanted mr meleagros and i'm really really glad i did i have the most amazing boobies and my recovery time and most of the girls on here who have had him seems to be super fast which is a massive bonus xx
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiegirl 8th February 2012, 8:33 pm

Hiya!

I initially phoned round a few groups (MYA, Harley Medical Group etc) but i was blown away by the customer service that Transform gave me right from my initial phone call to them!

I booked a consultation with Harley Medical Group and Transform for 2 weeks later, but the HMG left me a voicemessage to cancel on me as they had double booked me or something and wanted me to call them back. During this time Transform had sent me a letter to confirm, an email with directions and i got a phone call to welcome me and thank me for coming in!, so i didnt bother calling THG back. I had also called Nuffield directly but the woman that answered the phone was quite rude and spoke to me like i was daft! She told me i needed to get a refferal letter from my GP first and call her back! I didnt bother!

Went for my consultation at Transform and i loved it, very open and honest down to earth people and the package they offered and the aftercare was just what i was looking for. No hidden costs.

They had a range of surgeons they use and they gave me a list for me to pick one, but did say if i couldnt decide them they can pick on my behalf. I done some research though and decided on Jim Kirkpatrick as he has a good reputation and this is his speciality as well as breast reconstruction. I met him and he is the best ever! such a lovely, genuine man i feel very safe handing my body over to him to sort out!

Im booked in for my BA on 8th March and i just cannot wait now! The whole process has taken about 2 months but i had been thinking about doing it for much longer.

I think youre heart will tell you when you find the right company/surgeon, it will feel right for you!

Good Luck with it all xxxWhy / How did you choose where to book? V 154564
barbiegirl
barbiegirl
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by s4mm1e 8th February 2012, 8:47 pm

I chose Mr Rezai as he had done two of my friends one of them was four years ago and the other two years ago and theirs look amazing, when I had my consultation with him I really couldnt have been happier to go with him, I was so comfortable and I spent the last two years researching him I've never found a bad word.
He worked for Harley medical but has gone private and I went through him directly.
I really could not be happier with my result he is well known for the natural look and that is exactly what he has delivered with me and my friends :)
s4mm1e
s4mm1e
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 8th February 2012, 10:31 pm

Wow, thanks girls! This is all really interesting as you have your own reasons for who you book with and I wonder why everyone isn't booking with the same as me!! tee hee!

Seems that recommendation from friends and people you know is the best marketing!!

Look forward to reading others!

Thanks for replying Why / How did you choose where to book? V 154564

Nepoly xx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 500

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 9th February 2012, 10:07 am

it was only ever going to be mybreast for me because of their aftercare policy and reputation and im glad i did.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 9th February 2012, 10:14 am

I went with the hospital group as i felt what i'd read about them previously was very good and also they didnt pressure me into anything, Mr Hassan my surgeon is amazing at his job and I believe he seems to know be fully booked all the time due to the high demand so im glad i chose him. I didnt really go to any other company as i didnt want to feel pressured or i didnt really want to speak to surgeons who didnt really have the care who just wanted you in and out.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaArden 9th February 2012, 1:29 pm

I haven't gone in for surgery yet, but I'm going with me alvi at Sthetix a private company in Liverpool. This was recommended to me by a lady on a forum and I'm so glad she did. I had a consultation with transform and I origionally thought that was it! Sue my coordinator was lovely and helpful and very informative. But the difference on approach was huge! Transform you're just another person on the line and will book you in after one consultation with the surgeon... Some people like that as they Are eager. But mr Alvi was so calm his qualifications were fantastic and he didn't pressurise me to do anyythingggg. He say with me for 1.5 hours listening to my crap and again for the second one. That's why I'm going with him
Xxx
EmmaArden
EmmaArden
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 9th February 2012, 10:16 pm

Like abbie, Mybreast is the only company I considered booking with too. They have the best aftercare that I found, and their surgeons are BAAPS and/or BAPRAS members. I didn't feel pressured to book at any time, so far I've been treated like a patient, not a client. I get to see my surgeon at all my consultations, which is a must for me. There were a few surgeons from Mybreast that I was interested in seeing too, so this was another plus. However, after I met Simon Withey, I decided to go with him and didn't bother seeing anyone else (though I had a consult at a private clinic near mine a couple of months earlier).

My op isn't until the end of next month (I wanted earlier but he was booked), but so far my PS has been excellent. He's seen me for three consultations, plus one other over the phone, and today I forgot my list of questions, and he offered to give me another call even though he's super busy. Sounds like a lot, but I've had a few issues regarding my options and decisions, so he would not have felt comfortable going ahead with surgery without seeing him another time.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down