Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difference between implant makes?

+3
Aurora1979
Jojo6
Princess_x
7 posters

Go down

Difference between implant makes? Empty Difference between implant makes?

Post by Princess_x 20th January 2012, 2:16 pm

Looking to get these PIP's out - ruptured or not. Just wondering about the other implant makes, I don't want a cheap/inferior implant this time! I've heard of Allergan CUI, Allergan Inspira, Nagor, Allergan Naturelle, Mentor..? Mya, HMG & Transform now use Allergan CUI, but I've heard these are the 'cheap' but safe option. Any advice anyone please? :) x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Difference between implant makes? Empty Re: Difference between implant makes?

Post by Jojo6 20th January 2012, 2:22 pm

Hi Hun,

I'm not too sure about the CUI's but I know they are used widely by most of the big companies so would hope they are fine. I have the Natrelle implants which I was advised were very good quality by my surgeon who prefers to use these, but are more costly. So far, I am very happy with them.

hopefully someone else will come along and explain the differences. Sorry to hear you have the pips and have to go through removal and replacement. which company did you go with originally? xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 20th January 2012, 2:49 pm

I was advised by my surgeon that I could have Allergan Natrelle (think that is right - Natrelle or Inspira - they are the same shell/filling but one is round and the other is tear drop I believe and can't remember which way round they are) but at an extra cost.

He said they have not been around long enough, in his opnion, to substantiate their claims that they are less likely to rupture etc.

Also with Transform the surgery/implants is guaranteed for 10 years, by which time I will probably be having post children repair work done, so I went for the standard CUI on the basis that if anything does happen they should replace.

Hope that makes sense
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 20th January 2012, 3:52 pm

Thanks both. Jojo - I went with HMG. I thought that too - that the Allergan CUI are widely used. Been looking into private hospitals that are more local than the big companies and they have mentioned Mentor and Macrone implants, never heard of those. Difference between implant makes? 267328 x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWER11 20th January 2012, 4:13 pm

Babe I have Allegran and going to change to High profile Mentor here in the US these 2 are the local companies that make implants they have exactly the same guarrantee n they're made exactly the same the only thing that changes is profiles n style but the materials use for both companies is the same....

Sorry don't know about the others I've never heard of them!!
FLOWER11
FLOWER11
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 655

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 20th January 2012, 4:57 pm

Are you getting round implants? What's important to you as far as different implants and gel fillings are concerned?

Personally the two I would opt for are Nagor Impleo, or Allergan Natrelle Inspira Soft Touch. Both of these are the latest generation implants, they are both form stable high cohesive (aka gummies). The downside is they haven't been around for as long as the older style gel, but they are meant to be an improvement on them. Also they tend to hold their shape more, the upside is less rippling, the downside is they stay a little rounder.

The Allegan Natrelle Inspira also comes in the Responsive. This gel has been around longer than the Soft Touch, and it feels a bit softer than the Soft Touch despite the name, though both are soft anyhow. This is the type of gel that is approved by the FDA for the US market.

The reason why the more form stable ones aren't appoved yet is because they have only been around for a few years, and the FDA carries on trials for quite a few years before approving a product, by which time, something newer has come along.

Allergan CUI is their budget range, and the gel it contains is the one like Responsive I mentioned earlier. Nagor GFX also fall in this category. They're both good implants, but are forth generation implants, whereas the form stable high cohesive ones are fifth generation. CUI and GFX are cohesive, all current implants are, it's down to a degree of cohesivenss, they aren't as cohesive as Soft Touch and Impleo and therefore not as form stable.

Anatomicals are even more cohesive than Soft Touch and Impleo because they need to hold their shape better due to being pre-shaped as opposed to round.

I can't go into detail about the different Mentor range because I haven't looked into them as much. But they do have a very good reputation too, and are one of the two brands of silicone implants used extensively in the US.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo6 20th January 2012, 5:02 pm

Wow Roxanne, you really know your stuff! I had no idea about any of that, just that I have the Natrelle soft touch. Interesting stuff, thx for sharing Hun xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 20th January 2012, 5:11 pm

I read too much, lol!
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Natty29 20th January 2012, 6:30 pm

Jojo6 wrote:Wow Roxanne, you really know your stuff! I had no idea about any of that, just that I have the Natrelle soft touch. Interesting stuff, thx for sharing Hun xxx
Wow u sure do xx I don't have to worry though as I have nagor but haven't got a clue what kind or what profile lol I never asked xxx
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 20th January 2012, 6:34 pm

Mybreast use Nagor Impleo Natty :) xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Natty29 20th January 2012, 7:48 pm

Thanx roxanne x just have to find out what profile I have now lol xxx
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 20th January 2012, 8:58 pm

Allergan CUI's are widely used by many surgeons and companies, some surgeons prefer to use them over others. I opted for the CUIs and im very happy with the choice i made. To be honest i don't really know an awful lot about the other ranges!
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 20th January 2012, 10:32 pm

Thanks everyone! And to Roxanne for the long reply :) Yeah I want round ones.. Mya etc seem to do the Allergan CUI ones, I wonder if they also do the Inspira for an extra charge? Glad to hear Mentor are widely used too. x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down