Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worried - infection on breast 4 months PO

3 posters

Go down

Worried - infection on breast 4 months PO Empty Worried - infection on breast 4 months PO

Post by rk19 27th October 2011, 5:27 pm

Hi Ladies,

Hope you're all well.

Im now 4 and half months post op, and on my right boob on the outter side of it i had a patch of red itchy, hot skin, which started to spread to a bigger patch and a lump in my armpit. Went docs they said i have an infection - not what type just infection. Prescribed antibiotics which i have been taking. lump has gone, and red skin has gone, no more hotness either. But the skin is not normal yet, its almost blotchy bluey/purply tones to it. Its been a week since this started.

I phoned my surgeons secretary and she said doesnt sound implant related (as the doctor said too). But I should go back to doc and see wht they say on progress.

Its not near my scar but my scar has seemed to sort of spread out over time. Can anyone advise what might be wrong? Im not in any pain or anything. Why would my scars get worse over time? They started off as thin lines which are not thicker and spread out.

Any advise would be appreciated ladies.

Thanks

RK xxx
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Worried - infection on breast 4 months PO Empty Re: Worried - infection on breast 4 months PO

Post by butterfly7713 27th October 2011, 5:54 pm

Hi,

I can't offer any advice regarding the infection hun but the scars spreading out hun does happen if they are stretched. I had an uplift with 390 unders and the scars around my nipples have done excatly the same thing as time as gone on. They went from being thin to thick but did improve in colour slightly when it all settled down.

I hope the infection gets better soon x
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Worried - infection on breast 4 months PO Empty Re: Worried - infection on breast 4 months PO

Post by alexandra33 27th October 2011, 6:31 pm

Wow, glad you're getting the infection sorted. Did the doctor say what could have caused an infection so late in the healing process??

I'm noticing my scars are getting darker red, but they still seem about the same size, but I"m only 9 weeks PO....
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by rk19 27th October 2011, 10:19 pm

Thank you butterfly7713 and alexandra33 for your reply. Reassuring that my scars dont have anything in particular wrong with them if everyone seems to see a slight change of thickness - i was relating it to the infection although have seen the change before it.

Butterfly when did you have your BA? Just to understand when the scars will look how they're going to look forever!

As for the infection, the doctor didnt say cause of it, said people without implants also get these sort of infections just one of those things. But what are the odds i get it after BA! Bound to worry me huh Worried - infection on breast 4 months PO 683465 im just worried about something being wrong inside boob although doesnt 'feel' like the problem as i feel fine otherwise - its more the texture and surface of that part of skin now.

Will be going back to docs tomorrow, hopefully get reassurance all is ok and nothing i need to get checked out from surgeon.

RK xxx
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 28th October 2011, 7:56 am

Hey hun, I had my op in Feb this year so I'm nearly 9 months po and my scars are looking great. I had a full uplift so I have anchor scarring but you can hardly see most of it. Good luck for today xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down