Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how many times to see surgeon?

+6
kiwigirl
nikitaw86
welshvicci123
kristenb89
kay
hayleykim
10 posters

Go down

how many times to see surgeon? Empty how many times to see surgeon?

Post by hayleykim 15th October 2011, 4:22 pm

hi girls, am just wondering how many times u all saw ur surgeon before surgery?

obviously there is the initial consultation, but then before the actual surgery day did u see the surgeon again? and is this something which u have to ask for or do some companies do it as standard?

i only ask because iv had my consultation and booked, and i have asked to see my surgeon again before surgery day however, it seems to be a bit difficult getting an appointment and my pc has said il have time to speak before my surgery on the day, but am not sure i want to wait till then! just want to confirm the look i am going for etc ...

should i push for it? xx
hayleykim
hayleykim
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

how many times to see surgeon? Empty Re: how many times to see surgeon?

Post by kay 15th October 2011, 4:53 pm

YES!! xx definitely xx

They are taking your money, you take as much time as you feel you need hun xx

Make sure you are absolutely 100% happy BEFORE you let anyone near you with a scalpel xx It is a big decision and a lot of money xx DO NOT LEAVE IT TILL THE DAY if you still have questions / reservations xx That is a bad move and there would be nothing you would do about it at that stage, these companies know that and that's why they are putting you off xx

If it is a big company you will be on a conveyor belt and they will basically try to dedicate as little time to you as they can get away with xx I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but some of these companies are a bit like that sweety you have to look after your own interests xx

If you want a second / third / fourth opinion before the day then demand it xx

I don't know what company or PS you have booked with, but my spider sense is tingling and alarm bells are ringing with me hunni xx this is not a good start by them Hug I mean how would they be if you had an issue after your Op once they had your money?? xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by hayleykim 15th October 2011, 5:18 pm

hi kay,

thanks for reply, i agree with you, i think they are trying to get away with giving less time as possible, i supose they try to put you off and hope we wont push it.

well il call them asap and ask for a meeting definately,i was happy in consulatation however it was ages ago now and the next time surgeon sees me he wont remember a thing (apart from a few notes) written down. also, your opinions change once you have booked, u really go into detail and i want to put this across!!
hayleykim
hayleykim
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kristenb89 15th October 2011, 6:11 pm

i went for my initial consultation, then emailed him like 20 times with questions and he replied within 24 hours every time, them i spoke with him on the phone twice and then i saw him the day before surgery, to go over any last questions, doubts etc, to sign the paperwork, take photos, and to go over my blood tests and ECG and i also saw the anaesthetist the day before and he looked at my tests too and had a chat with me so on the day i wasnt like "who are you?! PANIC!!" which is very much my styleé! so push to see them as much as you want!! x
kristenb89
kristenb89
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 15th October 2011, 6:25 pm

That's great service Kristen xx :thumbs:

Well done to Clinica Benidorm xx

Good for you Hayley xx Don't take no for an answer xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 15th October 2011, 10:22 pm

That's what I'm thinking, I had my first appointment with my patient care co-ordinator as I wanted to be 100% confortable with the process, I then had my appointment with ps beginning of September and haven't seen or spoken to him since, I know what size I want and what projection but I think I'm going to contact them again to make another appointment to see him before surgery in November!
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 15th October 2011, 10:26 pm

i saw my ps initially in may and then saw him again 2 weeks before my surgery to let him know what size i wanted and look i wanted and mainly to put my mind at ease as it had been so long good look hun xx
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 16th October 2011, 4:48 am

I did the same as Nikita, initial consult and confirmation consult two weeks prior to the op. And again on the morning on the op. My PS is lovely :)
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by bronzewolf 16th October 2011, 9:13 am

I had one consultation with my surgeon 2 weeks prior to surgery and then saw him again on the day of surgery just before my op so he could doodle on me.
They should be there for you as much as you need them to be
bronzewolf
bronzewolf
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 16th October 2011, 9:36 am

I emailed my PS directly with any question and he got back to me within a few hours. He also offered to see me again to put my mind at rest. When I couldn't go to him, he phoned me up and had a good chat with me. His service has been great. Should have gone to him through another company or direct as I'm not overly impressed with HMG. If you want to see him again, make sure you do. It's your right and it will mean you are much more relaxed when it comes to your surgery day xx
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by shirtripper 16th October 2011, 10:42 am

i saw my surgeon twice before my op first one he told me everything that could go wrong and gave me a huge pack of information to read thru and instructions to do the rice test second appointment gave him cc size we chose style of implants and booked surgery he was lovely x
shirtripper
shirtripper
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by loopylou 16th October 2011, 10:48 am

I saw mine in clinic twice before the op, just to check I was happy with everything and we were on the same wavelength. The second visit for me was essential to confirm everything, and he remeasured just to double check ebverything for me.
Then had a long chat on the morning of the op - but I would not be happy just to make decisions on the morning f the op - thats just confirmation time as I see it as even if you dont feel it I dont think you can make a rational life changing decision there and then!
Id push for an appointment.
loopylou
loopylou
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by hayleykim 16th October 2011, 2:19 pm

thanks for replies girls, i am going to call tomoro and insist on an appointment, think if it wasnt for the forum i wouldnt know the procedure and would just have accepted it! want to leave surgery day for reassurance not for tellin him what i want!
hayleykim
hayleykim
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down