Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did people react when you told them

+4
Sara_Crooks
wales82
barbiecon
rosey73
8 posters

Go down

How did people react when you told them Empty How did people react when you told them

Post by rosey73 6th October 2011, 9:00 pm

I finally plucked up the courage to tell my mum and her reaction was a pleasant surprise. However I am dreading my dad, uncle and other family members reactions. I have a feeling they will just think I am daft. I have never discussed the issues I have with my boobs and just kept it to myself. People are quite shocked that I am doing it. Also I sit opposite a titspervert at work so hes gonna think all his birthdays have come at once!!!
rosey73
rosey73
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

How did people react when you told them Empty Re: How did people react when you told them

Post by barbiecon 6th October 2011, 9:12 pm

Hey hun i oonly told my fiancee his parents as his dad paid for them and his mum was our babys baby sitter on the day of op, and my parents my parents were very happy for me as they no what this does to me ! although my mum worried sick and insisted andy (my fiancee) text her every 10 minuets lmao! Andys dad chris was less supportive saying 'theres more important things i could spend my money on' wich devastaded me cuz he didnt understand the enorminty of it all, Andy Got a back bone and phoned him up as soon as he heard what his dad had said and explained EVERYTHING about how depressed i had been for years, how i use to wear 2 bras to school, how one day while getting changed for P.E the school bullys noticed and how that was the worse 3 years of my lives started! Origanlly when andy told his dad this i was mortified thinking 'im never guna be able to look at chris in the same way! But when andy said his dad said he was sorry and offerd to pay for the op i soon realised his backbone did me some good lol :)
barbiecon
barbiecon
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

How did people react when you told them Empty Re: How did people react when you told them

Post by wales82 6th October 2011, 9:51 pm

When I told the girls at work allot of them thought I was nuts! But one of them came up to me and said “Good for you, I wish I had the guts to go for it.” My Mum got a little upset when I told her and said I don’t think you need to do it your beautiful the way you are, but she also said she totally understood why I was doing it as I have always been very self conscious, and said she supported me 100%.
I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t care what people say or think about what I’m doing. I’m not doing it for them; I’m doing it for me! And that’s the most important thing. You will find that the people that back you up and the people that are behind you all the way, are the ones closest to you and mean the most and they will be the ones that know why you are doing it. As for the ones that aren’t! They will be the ones that aren’t worth worrying about. xxxxx
wales82
wales82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara_Crooks 7th October 2011, 7:05 am

Most of my family have had the same reaction, shocked at the beginning but now thay are finally realising that this is what I want. Although, my sister and my mom still feel like i am making a mistake and ruining my body. My mother in law is supporting me more than my own mom :( but I guess thats what moms do, they gave birth to us after all and think we are perfect the way we are.

Now my next problem is telling my dad, i have my BA very soon and I still havent had the guts to tell him.... ive always been a daddys girl so i dont want to make him sad. But I keep telling myself that I am doing this for me, not for anyone else.
Sara_Crooks
Sara_Crooks
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 7th October 2011, 9:45 am

My mum and dad were really supportive as they new very well how I felt about my lack of boobs from a young age (15)

I told my brother who wasnt bothered or at all surprised and his girlfriend said " your skinny, pretty so you dont need nice boobs aswell!" dont think she was being mean thou........

The bit I felt hardest about was going to my G.P as I felt bad about asking for something that wasnt due to a illness............

This is because my dad has had testicular canser twice and had both his testicals removed, he talked to us all about how he was offered to have a op to put in "fake" ones to make him feel better but he said it was a waste of money for him as it wasnt something that bothered him so I guess I felt I shouldnt be worried about not having boobs if my dad is quite happy not having testicals due to illness......

I sat down with him and told him how I felt and asked him if I was being out of line asking for my op on the NHS when there are people like him who have become ill and had things taken away from them...would I look bad as I felt kinda quilty...

He was very good and said thats just how he feels and he said I was born not having any boobs and if that made me feel unhappy and upset me and there is something that can be done about it to correct it then to go for it.....he said had he felt the same way then yes he would have had his op but it just didnt really bother him!....

I found going to my G.P (who Knows me and my dad very well) a real struggle and the hardest person to tell how I felt...............I was scared he would judge me but I was so wrong, he totally understood why I wanted the op and supported me 100%.

I told my bestfriend which was easy as she understands again how I felt and anyone else ( like my hubyys family or grandparents) who I had never spoken to about how i felt about my boobs I didnt tell as I felt that if I couldnt tell them the reasons why then they wouldnt understand why I wanted the op.....

x
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetcarol 7th October 2011, 10:05 am

MY friends were all great. I have never discussed my boob issues with my parents as its not the kind of thing I could talk to them about. I wasn't going to tell them about the op but my sister said she would if I didn't as she thought they should know in case anything went wrong. I left it til the day before the op to tell my mum.... she cried then shouted at me and didn't understand at all. I left her to tell my dad who was also upset apparently. . Despite that, they were both at my house when I got home from the hospital. My mum has said since that they don't look any different and that she doesn't know why I bothered! thanks for that mum!
sweetcarol
sweetcarol
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayno 7th October 2011, 10:20 am

I only plucked up the courage to tell my mum and dad last week. They were surprised I was doing it coz I never told them this was a real issue for me - I also kept it pretty much to myself. They were really good and more interested in the procedure and whether I would be looked after properly. I think mum was ok coz at the same time I told her I might need help (buying more bras and stuff). She went straight into mothering mode and because she felt needed was brill. I have told a couple of friends - one is great but the other didnt really understand and spent more time telling me how we are a similar size so why bother (not sure what I was supposed to say to this?). I havent told everyone in work but they will obviously find out when I go back in - felt a bit embarrased about telling them as there are alot of men - have told a couple of the girls who I think will say something while I am off for a week. At the end of the day this is a decision made purely for myself and although I wish everyone around me would understand, it is inevitable some wont but perhaps that is a comment on them? This is why I love this forum - the girls are all so positive - THANK YOU GIRLS! xx
Jayno
Jayno
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by shirtripper 7th October 2011, 1:39 pm

i asked my mum to come for my first consultation with me she had never seen my boobs before apart from when i was little and after seeing them she said i can see why you want them done now i didnt tell anybody else apart from my hubbie and close friends and they all helped out after i had them done x
shirtripper
shirtripper
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down