Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgery without a Consult?????

+9
RoxyChick
cakey_baby
littlemisstiny1
peewee
orika
gotsomeboobs
SG007
nads
shandy58
13 posters

Go down

Surgery without a Consult????? Empty Surgery without a Consult?????

Post by shandy58 5th May 2009, 8:25 pm

Hi All,
Help!!!!!!
Really need some good sound advice here..I booked a consult with HMG with Frati and we didn't hit It off Shocked , so booked another with Transform....was impressed with the coordinator and arranged to see Mr Meleagros for this Thursday and booked for the op 24th May. :lol: .....told I could pay this Thursday if I want to go ahead and like surgeon...problem one...phone call to say i had to pay in full before end of last week and before consult. :suspect: ..but able to get full refund if I don't go ahead....so paid up. :pale: Then had another call on the Friday to say Mr Meleagros couldn't make the appointment and that I would have consult with another surgeon to discuss details, he would write it up and Mr M would read infor and then see me on the day of surgery. Rolling Eyes ......was offered to see and change to Barbara Luzx or change date with Mr M........but have already booked the week off and next hols late August.......( by the way having Lipo and BA).
Heard loads of good things about MR M and partner thinks all will be fine and to go ahead....so wondering do I change the date to August, change the surgeon or take on board all the positive comments of happy people ......worried about the sizing of inplants....meeting the surgeon....and all the usual
cheers..
shandy58
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Surgery without a Consult????? Empty Re: Surgery without a Consult?????

Post by nads 5th May 2009, 8:30 pm

Personally i wouldn't go through a BA this way hun, i heard loads of fabulous stuff about my surgeon but i wouldn't of booked and paid without meeting him first as we all have different opinions about people. What if the surgeon sees you on the day and doesnt agree with sizes the person has offered as they all have different opinions? And what if you dont like him at all on the day and get a bad feeling, will you feel under pressure to go through with it anyway?
Also 24th May is quite far considering he cant fit you in, i would personally demand to see my surgeon before my operation, its not on hun x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by SG007 5th May 2009, 8:34 pm

Oh hmmmm thats a toughy isnt it.
1. Id say im not entirely sure that would be known as good practice for one surgeon to decide what you need and then another surgeon do the op. As with all surgeons their opinions may differ slightly.
2. Am I right to assume that Mr M is unable to see you at all b4 the 24th?
3. I must admit i went with HMG and paid and booked op with out seeing surgeon (as per their policy) however im not sure id had wanted what i said in point 1.

Hmmmm decisions decisions ...... xx
SG007
SG007
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by gotsomeboobs 5th May 2009, 8:40 pm

I agree with nads, I had a consult with them and didnt have a great experience, for me personally I found them to be too sales based for my liking, I just felt as though they wanted my money. But on the other hand there are some lovely girls on here that went through Transform and had really positive experiences. I think it just depends on who you feel comfortable hun, everybody is different and has different opinions, its all about who you feel comfortable with. Definetly think you should demand like Nads said to see your surgeon before your op, reading another surgeons notes just isnt good enough, this is your body your talking about hun. You need to meet him before your op and most importantly see if you like and feel comfortable with him, what if you had a repeat of your consult at HMG?? At least by meeting him before your op, you have the opportunity to change to another surgeon if you dont like him hun. I would defo demand seeing him. Good luck hunni xxxx
gotsomeboobs
gotsomeboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1331

Back to top Go down

Post by orika 5th May 2009, 8:42 pm

I would definitely make sure you see the surgeon before you go ahead. If you think about it, it is a pretty big purchase to go ahead with, you want to be sure you're happy.

I would probably see if you can change the surgery date to August, and have an appointment with Mr M. Maybe you could think of it like you're still going on holiday, just a teeny bit different than you might have planned!
orika
orika
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by peewee 5th May 2009, 8:45 pm

sounds a bit rushed babe? it sounds like because they deal with this everyday they are got too casual about it? I wish you luck with your decision - but don't feel pushed and go with your gut instinct as its usually right! xx
peewee
peewee
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by littlemisstiny1 5th May 2009, 8:47 pm

No way! I understand your dilemma but there's no way I'd let someone I'd never met before op-day perform surgery on me...think about it really carefully as however good a surgeon is, you really need to make sure he understands your body and what you want. Perhaps you could speak with them again and say you are really not happy and you need to see him beforehand - I am quite surprised that he is happy to do surgery on someone he hasn't had a consult with and also think it is really out of order of them to put you in this situation after taking your money.

Good luck with whatever you decide, remember you're in charge, don't take any ****!
littlemisstiny1
littlemisstiny1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 523

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 5th May 2009, 9:00 pm

I had surgery without meeting my surgeon and he was fab but i suppose it was a lot different for me going abroad, and im lucky that i really liked him and trusted him 100% go with what feels right hun, transform have a lot of surgeons working for them maybe you could see a couple of different surgeons with them.

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 5th May 2009, 9:03 pm

cakey_baby wrote:I had surgery without meeting my surgeon and he was fab but i suppose it was a lot different for me going abroad, and im lucky that i really liked him and trusted him 100% go with what feels right hun, transform have a lot of surgeons working for them maybe you could see a couple of different surgeons with them.

x x
I was just thinking about that cakey, that alot of girls who go abroad only meet the surgeon on the day or have a consult with a nurse here beforehand, did you send your ps pics before? x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 5th May 2009, 9:08 pm

I was considering going abroad for surgery, but they only did consults via email. Now, for some girls that work, and good for them, but honestly, I was never happy about that.

I went with Transform and could have seen my surgeon as many times as I wanted before I booked.

What's the rush to get it done at the end of May? Can you wait a bit until you can actually see your surgeon?

As the girls have said, it's very risky, but all the best if you do decide to go through with it.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 5th May 2009, 9:08 pm

I wouldnt, seems way too fussed. Having a BA is a big thing.. its not like just going to get your hair trimmed. I defo wouldnt x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 5th May 2009, 9:18 pm

I know girls go abroad without seeing the surgeon but they usually get a much lower price and they know the score in advance. Sounds like Transform are trying to bounce you into this much too quickly.

But like the others say, it really depends on how comfortable you are taking risks ... it wouldn't be something I'd feel happy with ...
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 5th May 2009, 9:22 pm

Yeah i sent pics nads and sent emails all the time, but i know this doesnt work for everyone i think i was lucky and did take a bit of a risk but it all turned out fine and my surgeon was great, i think its different in england though when you have the option of seeing them when you want, seems silly not to really.

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shandy58 5th May 2009, 9:29 pm

Thanks for advice the rush is mainly because they offered £750 off if both lipo and Ba are done b4 end of June.....I won't be able to have the surgery b4 August if this doesn't happen...It was all going ok until Mr M cancelled and all would have been organised...also if I had seen Mr M and didn't like him I could have refund on the Thursday so not really sure the score with regards to transform......both op costing £4,600 apparently it would have been around the 6,000 mark or so they told me...HMG costed £7, 400 for excatly the same procedures.....so the price Transform quoted seemed too good an opportunty to miss really.......but now not so sure......have listened to the advice and now both of us are thinking about delaying and just having one done....
did think the girls having Ba aboard and think well yes they didn't meet surgeon until the day so.......maybe try and take a day off and insist on seeing him in london b4....
shandy58
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 5th May 2009, 9:30 pm

cakey_baby wrote:Yeah i sent pics nads and sent emails all the time, but i know this doesnt work for everyone i think i was lucky and did take a bit of a risk but it all turned out fine and my surgeon was great, i think its different in england though when you have the option of seeing them when you want, seems silly not to really.

x x
Also your mum had been there and had a great result so i can understand why you felt so confident for sure x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 5th May 2009, 9:32 pm

shandy58 wrote:Thanks for advice the rush is mainly because they offered £750 off if both lipo and Ba are done b4 end of June.....both op costing £4,600 apparently it would have been around the 6,000 mark or so they told.
Just sounds like a marketing ploy to me hun all these 'deals' are just ways of making you pay up fast and book, this is your body you only have one and both are major surgeries, i would definately insist on seeing him, you've paid now so just say you want to meet your surgeon beforehand as this is a major operation! Hug

x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 5th May 2009, 9:33 pm

Yeah thats very true hun, think my experience was a lot different from people who go away on there own not meeting the surgeon and coming straight home.

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shandy58 5th May 2009, 9:45 pm

Well will sleep on it yet again....feel foolish to be sucked into the marketing ploy seems obvious now you said.......but at the time did seem a good deal...especially after going to HMG and being told it was almost double the cost.....
will insist on a consult..even if i have to take unpaid leave from work......to go...
shandy58
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 5th May 2009, 9:57 pm

Good on you hun, you'll feel much better meeting him before x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 6th May 2009, 8:01 am

I don't know, seems they were in a mad rush to grab your money. I think its a very unprofessional way to deal with someone especially if you've already paid upfront and I personally wouldn't feel comfortable unless I got to talk to the surgeon that was doing my op.

I would demand to see the surgeon seeing that I've paid already, and if they can't do that I would ask for a refund and go somewhere else :evil: .
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 731

Back to top Go down

Post by stef 6th May 2009, 9:35 am

[quote="shandy58"]booked another with Transform....was impressed with the coordinator and arranged to see Mr Meleagros for this Thursday and booked for the op 24th May. :lol: .....told I could pay this Thursday if I want to go ahead and like surgeon...problem one...phone call to say i had to pay in full before end of last week and before consult. :suspect: ..but able to get full refund if I don't go ahead....so paid up. :pale: quote]

This doesn't sound right to me? They made you pay up before the consultation?
I paid a deposit of £250 AFTER I saw my surgeon and that was to book the date. I then had up until the day of the op to pay off the remaining. xx
stef
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by shandy58 6th May 2009, 8:09 pm

[quote="stefjl"]
shandy58 wrote:booked another with Transform....was impressed with the coordinator and arranged to see Mr Meleagros for this Thursday and booked for the op 24th May. :lol: .....told I could pay this Thursday if I want to go ahead and like surgeon...problem one...phone call to say i had to pay in full before end of last week and before consult. :suspect: ..but able to get full refund if I don't go ahead....so paid up. :pale: quote]

This doesn't sound right to me? They made you pay up before the consultation?
I paid a deposit of £250 AFTER I saw my surgeon and that was to book the date. I then had up until the day of the op to pay off the remaining. xx

Did you go with Transform? The co ordinator told me it was company policy to have it all paid a month before the op....did put down the 250 deposit to secure the may date...but then told a week later that the date was within the month..and needed to be settled..I voiced concern and told them I was un easy about this ..she insisted it was policy but if I didn't want to go ahead after seeing surgeon I would get a full refund....I agreed to this......but 2 days later another call to tell me the consultation had to be changed as Mr M couldn't make it due to family problems and that I was to be given another date with different surgeon but he would let Mr M know......think I am just unlucky as everyone here seems to have not had this problem....hubby says nothing goes as planned where I am concerned........to getting a job, buying a house, having kids..all have been major hassel but worked out ok......just wish I didn't have this extra stress to deal with.......
shandy58
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down