Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BA and thyroid problems

+2
jen86
Tanyaxx1
6 posters

Go down

BA and thyroid problems Empty BA and thyroid problems

Post by Tanyaxx1 18th September 2011, 7:17 pm

Hey ladies was just curious to know if thyroid problems could interfere with having BA.

I haven't been diagnosed yet and therefore not on any medication, but i have to have blood tests every 6 months to check my thyroid levels as they have been on the strange side since i had my son 4 years ago.

My GP tells me that at the moment my levels are a bit up and down, one blood test shows that im borderline underactive then the next test shows its normal, he has basically told me that my thyroid will eventually fail could take 6 months, could take 2 years but he is positive i will eventually end up fully underactive.

Could this affect my plans for a BA? Im hoping to be booked in for Nov sometime maybe beginning of Dec.

Thanks ladies xxxx
Tanyaxx1
Tanyaxx1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 432

Back to top Go down

BA and thyroid problems Empty Re: BA and thyroid problems

Post by jen86 18th September 2011, 7:54 pm

prob best to give th clinic your hoping to go with a ring and get their take on it. Im afraid i have no experience with this. I cant imagine it would cause much of a prob though?
jen xxx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 18th September 2011, 8:01 pm

I would have a word with the surgeon your planning on using and he will be able to let you know, I wouldn't see a major problem but its best asking.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by tASHABASHA_1986 18th September 2011, 8:53 pm

I would discuss it with your surgeon hun, Im on anti depressant and MYA contacted my gp ask if i was fit for surgery, etc. So they may contact your gp. Discuss with your surgeon. xxx
tASHABASHA_1986
tASHABASHA_1986
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarplum_sassie 19th September 2011, 12:50 pm

I'm hypothyroid (amongst other things), but on treatment and there were no issues regards to surgery, think it's more a problem if you're hyperthyroid. Are you quite symptomatic of hypothyroidism?
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 19th September 2011, 1:02 pm

Hi Tanya, my aunty who is on medication for her thyroid has has a BA. She was even worried that they wouldn't do the operation as when she had her blood test 2 weeks before her thyroid levels weren't right, but they said that as long as they knew what her levels were going into the op it wasn't a problem. Hope this helps xx
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanyaxx1 19th September 2011, 6:32 pm

Hey sugarplum sassie...So you are underactive? No i have no symptoms, i do get tired but i put that down to too many late nights and running around after my little one all day! I did go see my GP about 2 months ago to discuss blood results and he said they were normal but the two blood tests before were borderline. He has told me to be prepared for my thyroid to completly fail and that he is sure that some time in the future i will end up with no function of the thyroid :( He told me if i start to gain weight, become unreasonably lethargic etc then to go straight back, my next blood test isnt due till march now. I have heard that overactive thyroid can be more of a problem ascertain symptyoms like heart palpitations could be a problem. Just really hope this doesnt affect my BA plans in any way, i would be devo!

Thanks gemari, of course that helps a lot as i said i would be devo if i couldnt have my BA, will defo have a word with Mr M when i see him in a few weeks.

Thanks for all your replies ladies xxx
Tanyaxx1
Tanyaxx1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 432

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down