Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgicare - problems problems problems!

+6
smurph532
Charlie88
danni
COOKIE
alfie
walklingr
10 posters

Go down

Surgicare - problems problems problems! Empty Surgicare - problems problems problems!

Post by walklingr 27th March 2011, 8:05 pm

I wish i had never ever set eyes on this awful company.

Had my op in July 2009, had PIPS which were brilliant implants so i was told! All ok until September 2010 when i woke up and my right one was all flat and out of shape. Contacted surgicare, my surgeon had left so they let me see another. Had an NHS scan to rule out rupture. Finally in November 2010 the surgeon said my implant had flipped over! He flipped it back and said that i needed revision surgery for many reasons(i had PIPS and could be causing extra fluid making implant flip, pocket too large, implant too small so i still had excess skin).

From December 2010 to Feb 2011 i couldnt get hold of surgicare and when they called me back eventually they said they had been bought by another company and that my aftercare was now void!!!!! They were deliberately ignoring all calls until the decision was made official with solicitors on the 15th Feb. They are saying that technically they no longer exist although their tel numbers, website EVERYTHING is exactly the same!? They have used every little loophole possible to shaft their patients!

Well, my implant flipped over AGAIN yesterday! Cant even wear a bikini or low cut top or anything cos you can notice its out of shape. In November the surgeon flipped it back but also said i needed a re op which is not gonna happen now. Unless i pay which i cant afford to do. Whats the betting when i ring tomorrow that they wont even see me! Then what do i do. And even if he does see me and flip it back this is going to be happening every few months. I also have lumps in my armpits taht i am sure is linked to these awful pips.

I just dont know what to do, i need them changed ive only had them 18 months but i cant afford to do it. Just wondered if anyone has any advice as to what action i should take??

Thanks for listening to my rants!! x

walklingr
walklingr
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Surgicare - problems problems problems! Empty Re: Surgicare - problems problems problems!

Post by alfie 28th March 2011, 5:13 pm

Hunni I really feel for you, what an awful thing to be going through. I really have no advice to offer, hopefully someone will be along soon who'll be able to help.

Sending you a massive hug Hug
xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Surgicare - problems problems problems! Empty Re: Surgicare - problems problems problems!

Post by COOKIE 28th March 2011, 5:26 pm

That's disgusting! Surgicare - problems problems problems! 221105

The fact that you have PIPs and the company suddenly 'being bought out' so they no longer have to take responsibility for patients who WILL no doubt be back for revision is just dispicable! They really shouldn't be allowed to get away with this.

Have you had any legal advice hun? It might be worthwhile seeking advice
on where you stand with this, as the company obviously accepted
resonsibility for your problems in November with an agreement to
revision.

I'll move your post to the PIPs section of the forum hunni as the ladies there will probably have further advice to offer.

Good luck hunni, I wish you all the best and hope you get the revision you deserve. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by danni 29th March 2011, 2:18 pm

hun that's shocking i have no advice really only iv had my own problems with them as i had my boobs done through surgicare on the 7th nov was meant to have my op on the 5 but at the last min they changed it to another hospital ( bromsgrove the hospital group as they are the ones who bought surgicare out ) i did think this was strange but it didn't come to a head till my friend had heard on a forum that they had gone into administration and that all after care was void i was in a total panic and rang them they said all this was true and as of the 31st of October 2010 they had gone into administration and the hospital group had took them over but they still trade under the same name hun i was one of the lucky ones they said if i had had my op before the 31 oct my aftercare would of been void but mine was on the 7th nov so i was covered i know a girl who had her op on the 29 oct and surgicare as a company knew that they were going into administration and still took peoples money and planed ops knowing full well that no sooner that the girls were having there ops that there after care was going to become void its disgusting i feel for you and all the other girls who have had op with this sham of a company i keep going on about boob jobs and girls but when you think about it there must be so many people affected by this so many op have took place for all sorts of things men women its shocking :pale: If i was you hun i would get some legal advice just to see where you stand good luck hun and i sent lots of hugs Hug xxx
danni
danni
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie88 29th March 2011, 3:24 pm

Hey! Just a guesture dont know if this will help but many home insurance policies come with family legal protection, if they feel you have a case some companies pay legal costs towards legal action, if not they will be able to give some legal advice to let you know where you stand..
I cant even begin to imagine what your going through.. I really wish you the best of luck with this all and thoughts are with you x x x
Charlie88
Charlie88
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by smurph532 29th March 2011, 5:40 pm

sorry, not really much to do with this, but i have booked with surgicare, just wondering if anyone went with Andrea?
smurph532
smurph532
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by Bextalicious 9th April 2011, 7:56 pm

Hi Walklingr, Your story sounds exactly the same as mine! Had 390cc pips overs in March 2010 and in Oct 2010 noticed the same thing... flat and misshaped... they had flipped! I managed to lean forward and flip them back (scary at first) and I wore a support bra for a few months after to try keep them in place which worked at first but about a month later flipped again (I could basically flip them myself either way) I was absolutely gutted as everything had been great up to then :o( I went back to Surgicare and saw my PS who immediately said I needed revision surgery which I have just had (5th April). I had loads of probs at first getting intouch with them etc and my PS wanted to do a mastopexy but they wouldnt fork the extra cost even tho he strongly advised they let him do it. In the end I just went for the straight swap - now 410cc overs (not PIPs) and seems fine up to now. Definately persue this you should be covered and dont let them tell u otherwise. You spend all that money and its gutting!! Threaten press, bad publicity etc Hope that helps a bit x
Bextalicious
Bextalicious
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 9th April 2011, 8:02 pm

Oh wow, that's terrible hun, I would certainly seek some legal advice on this one, other than that I'm sure if your post is moved to 'pips' section' by Cookie you'll get more help from the ladies that have had a similar experience maybe.....good luck hunnie, Ihope it all works out for you in the end. Hug
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by sammie1985 10th April 2011, 11:49 am

My original surgery was with surgicare in may 2009, and my surgeon left too. And my calls were ignored for months too until feb 2011. I spoke with the customer services manager, cara kavanagh, who deals with 'the hospital group' the company who have bought surgicare. She spoke to the directors and managed to get my surgery at 50% of the cost as long as I went to birmingham for the surgery. Get in touch and ask about it hun. There's no way they'll do it free I tried every avenue possible. I had cc, was In lots of pain and needed my implants replaced, it was all done by the hospital group at their private hospital Dolan Park x
sammie1985
sammie1985
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamz 10th April 2011, 9:10 pm

I would definately seek legal advice. I cant imagine what you are going through. Thats just terrible. Advise by sammie 1985 sounds good, you need to find a solution to the trauma you are going through first. Get your health sorted and worry about the complications with surgicare and the costs you have endured later. Keep a diary and contact a solicitor. Surgicare must have a duty of care to you. The whole pips issue is awful, and cases like yours have a massive impact on day to day life - the french company who made them and have walked away should not be left to get rich from the mess they have left behind. good luck.x
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down