Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allergy to plasters etc

+3
nikitaw86
MarieMc85
b4eve
7 posters

Go down

Allergy to plasters etc Empty Allergy to plasters etc

Post by b4eve 9th September 2011, 7:57 pm

What happens when you have an allergy to plasters etc. I have even come out in a rash with micropore in the past although sometimes, randomly, I find that I don't react to some bog standard plaster that doesn't even claim to be hypo-allergenic. Whatever, there is a definite problem and I have flagged this up at the pre-op and with the surgeon but so far as I understand it they generally tape you up quite a bit so what do they do if they can't do that?
b4eve
b4eve
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 147

Back to top Go down

Allergy to plasters etc Empty Re: Allergy to plasters etc

Post by MarieMc85 10th September 2011, 2:09 pm

Hi,

I had Mr Khan as my surgeon and he puts tape EVERYWHERE so that for 10 days I could only see my nipples poking out!

I think that he is the only Transform surgeon to do this though. I may be wrong but I haven't heard of anyone else taping you up apart from him.

I'm not allergic to anything and was fine being taped up by Transform.

I then had a NHS operation on my stomach and their aftercare was shocking. I had to go to Asda's and buy dressings and tape etc etc. Anyway, I came up in a horrendous rash and my GP told me that I was allergic to the adhesive. News to me! So, like you, some things may be okay.

You could always query if you could have a chest strap rather than tape? x
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by b4eve 10th September 2011, 2:21 pm

Thanks Marie. Thank goodness I didn't go for Mr Khan then (he was the other surgeon suggested to me,) or I might've left him with a dilemma ;-) Maybe, cos I should be left with pretty small boobs anyway, I can just go with dressings and probably bra?
b4eve
b4eve
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 10th September 2011, 2:24 pm

b4eve wrote:What happens when you have an allergy to plasters etc. I have even come out in a rash with micropore in the past although sometimes, randomly, I find that I don't react to some bog standard plaster that doesn't even claim to be hypo-allergenic. Whatever, there is a definite problem and I have flagged this up at the pre-op and with the surgeon but so far as I understand it they generally tape you up quite a bit so what do they do if they can't do that?

don't think mr nathan tapes up hun but what u could do is write a post saying any girls mr nathan transform does he tape? just explain ur allergy there not gonna put u at risk xx
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 11th September 2011, 11:47 am

You could always ask him before your op anyway, im sure there is away around it, they do so many of these im sure your not the first person to be allergic to their tape. I dont see it has being a major concern. Just defo flag it up.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by b4eve 11th September 2011, 12:04 pm

Thank-you ladies :flowers: I will bring it up at the "getting drawn on" stage and I'm sure it'll be fine.
b4eve
b4eve
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 420Oranges 29th July 2012, 9:57 am

I know that this post was from a long time ago, but I just recently had my BA and on day 9 or 10 post op the itching got to be too much. I was advised to take off the steri-strip and saw that all along the adhesive lines I had a super bad rash. I am now day 12 post op and it is better. I just wanted to know how you treated the rash? It really hurts and feels like a bruise all along the areas. I see my PS in 2 days but just wanted some advice to get the rash gone sooner. Thanks for your help!
420Oranges
420Oranges
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 29th July 2012, 11:15 am

You may just have plasters over your incisions, I think they use the hypoallergenic ones.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th July 2012, 5:46 pm

420Oranges wrote:I know that this post was from a long time ago, but I just recently had my BA and on day 9 or 10 post op the itching got to be too much. I was advised to take off the steri-strip and saw that all along the adhesive lines I had a super bad rash. I am now day 12 post op and it is better. I just wanted to know how you treated the rash? It really hurts and feels like a bruise all along the areas. I see my PS in 2 days but just wanted some advice to get the rash gone sooner. Thanks for your help!

Whatever you do babe, don't put any creams or anything like that anywhere near your new scars. They are very much at risk of infection right now so don't put anything on them.

You could try using an anti-histamine for an allergic reaction and see how that goes. If it's still bothering you, you could always make an appointment to see your GP and see if they could offer you further advice.

For anyone worrying about this, you should be asked at your pre-op appointment whether you have any allergies at all, if not, do make a point of mentioning your allergy at this appointment so your surgeon is aware and prepared before you go into surgery. Special dressings will be used to help avoid you having any sort of reaction so there is no need to worry, this is something that can be worked around but must be highlighted in your surgical notes. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by 420Oranges 29th July 2012, 7:46 pm

Thanks for the response Cookie :-) It was a heck of a way to learn that I was allergic to steristrips!! Anyway, It's better than yesterday, but still holding. Luckily the itchiness has subsided, but the redness is quite alarming. I'm getting closer to the date to see my PS so I'm relieved, to say the least! Thanks again xoxo
420Oranges
420Oranges
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th July 2012, 7:54 pm

You're welcome hun. I'm sure an anti-histamine would help, especially with the itching and possibly the redness. It's worth a try though. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down