Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bumpy Scars

+4
jen86
dd wannabe
misf1
NewGirl 4108
8 posters

Go down

Bumpy Scars Empty Bumpy Scars

Post by NewGirl 4108 5th August 2011, 9:57 pm

Hi Ladies,

I have had my 7 day check up and the nurse said everything looked great (apart from the bruising) and I was healing well. But I am worried as my scars look bumpy, I was just wondering if this is normal? I know I am only VERY early days (now 9 days post op) but I wanted to check lol!
NewGirl 4108
NewGirl 4108
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Bumpy Scars Empty Re: Bumpy Scars

Post by misf1 5th August 2011, 10:04 pm

I didn't even see my scars until 13 days post op. And yes it is normal fo them to be like that for a while
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dd wannabe 5th August 2011, 10:20 pm

Apparently I'm healing really well too. Scars are bumpy but that's ok. Had a really bad injury to my leg a while back and the huge bumpy scar has virtually vanished with the help of cocoa butter. Planning to apply loads onto my new ones when they're healed and ready. Not sure when that is? Any advice ladies?
dd wannabe
dd wannabe
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 5th August 2011, 10:30 pm

CONSULT WITH YOUR SURGEON OR NURSE! its different for everyone. You dont wanto get an infection, so check wth them. I didnt put anything on my scars at all, i just never thought about it and they have turned out really well. They felt bumpy when i was ealry post op///totolly normal! :)
xxxx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 5th August 2011, 10:44 pm

Go with what your ps advises re putting anything on your scars. They all recommend different things. Mine told me to use rosehip oil as soon as my steri strips came off but a lot of girls are told nothing for 6 weeks. Other girls say they've never used anything and their scars are almost invisible.

The bumpiness will flatten out soon. All normal part of your healing process x
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 5th August 2011, 11:09 pm

I waited until 6 weeks when I was told to massage my scars with bio oil at my check up. I'd wait until you are advised by your PS or nurse as they will check your scars before you can put anything on them.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 6th August 2011, 2:51 am

Your scars will flatten out and look smoother as they heal.Mine were really swollen and raised on my horizontal incision.I thought they would be there forever.LOL!But they look great now!

I had to wait 6 weeks before I could use a scar treatment.Prior to the 6 weeks,I was put on Aquaphor Healing Ointment becasue I had severly dried out skin.But go on your surgeons advice to be safe as everyone is different.
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Post by dd wannabe 6th August 2011, 9:53 pm

Thanks for the quality advice again girlies. X
dd wannabe
dd wannabe
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by NewGirl 4108 6th August 2011, 10:55 pm

Thank u that makes me feel better :thumbs: the nurse said the scars were fine and its not been long since she saw them so it was jst for peace of mind really so thank u all x
I have been told not to use anything on mine. I have to wash them after a shower with the shower head to make sure ALL soap or shampoo etc is washed off and then I have to dry my scars with a hairdryer lol! My kids looked at me a bit strange when they caught me doing it though Hysterical

NewGirl 4108
NewGirl 4108
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 7th August 2011, 12:12 am

I have heard of a few girls having to dry out their scars.But I must say it is funny though!

Bumpy Scars 557141
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Post by NewGirl 4108 7th August 2011, 1:28 pm

I taake it u didn't get told to do that then? Do u let urs dry naturally or dry them with a towel?
NewGirl 4108
NewGirl 4108
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulzer 9th October 2011, 10:11 pm

im 2 weeks post op and just logged on to ask about my scars as the steri-strips are now off (no stiches - PS used sergical glue) and the scars are 'bumpy' - so glad to hear that this may not be the final outcome, one is further on than the other as one strip came off a few days ago and have been told to massage in any E45 cream into the scars which i am starting to do. thanks to those of you posting on this!
Paulzer
Paulzer
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 10th October 2011, 2:22 pm

Hey newgirl, I was also told to dry out my scars, but only when I still had the surgi-strips on (for the first week) I guess to prevent them softening and rubbing off.

My leftie is healing really well, more like a paper cut, but my rightie is redder and bumpier - but no one seemed concerned about it at my last visit, and now my next visit is November 1st, so I'll see what PS says then.

xx

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down