Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else had bumpy scars that have improved???

+5
KayDeeStafford
rachelw287
kdeee
tinkerbell24
Princessgem
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone else had bumpy scars that have improved??? Empty Anyone else had bumpy scars that have improved???

Post by Princessgem 13th April 2014, 9:37 am

Wahhhhhhh I need my confidence restoring girls !  help 

Why are my scars so horrid & bumpy? Everyone else's I've seen have been in a neat straight line !! Mine are all lumpy and knotty and bunched together !! Has anyone else had awful scars that can share piccies to show me how they have improved because I'm reckoning mine are the worse I've seen so far    sad smile  Xxx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 647

Back to top Go down

Anyone else had bumpy scars that have improved??? Empty Re: Anyone else had bumpy scars that have improved???

Post by tinkerbell24 13th April 2014, 10:31 am

hi try not to worry

I havent seen very many with actual stitches but anytime ive had stitches like you they have seemed awful at th time but they all flattened out and then faded, I even had staples after my section with Ellie and OMG i looked awful and the scar is so so neat

I would say if they are getting worse give the surgeon a a wee call xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Anyone else had bumpy scars that have improved??? Empty Re: Anyone else had bumpy scars that have improved???

Post by kdeee 13th April 2014, 10:33 am

Mine were like that at first. Hard and lumpy. They got worse and improved again. Now 8 weeks the feel smooth. Still purplish though. The internal stitches will solve soon.  I had an odd hollow above the scar too but that's now gone xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 13th April 2014, 10:38 am

Thanks girls, I'm back seeing nurse Wednesday so will mention it! It looks like the skin has been pulled into a bunch and glued , rather than glued along a thin line :( I really hope they neaten up xxx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 13th April 2014, 10:40 am

they did look red and sore in the picture but they will straigten out and fade in time

mine are really hard to find already xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 13th April 2014, 10:51 am

I'm pleased with how short they are ! Only an inch long I'd say! But just looking messy :( Xxx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelw287 13th April 2014, 11:17 am

I can't see my mine but I can feel mine are like that. I've seen a few on here that start that way and soften out so I 
Wouldn't worry, I'm kind of expecting that xxx
rachelw287
rachelw287
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 13th April 2014, 11:33 am

yeah mine measure an inch give or take a few mm but in a few minth you wont even see them x
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 13th April 2014, 11:46 am

Thanks lovelies , it's hard being patient , i keep looking at them every hour looking for improvements hah xxx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KayDeeStafford 13th April 2014, 12:12 pm

The best thing for lumpy scars is Micropore tape. Pick up a roll in the chemist, cut a strip, place it over your scar, press firmly and leave it there! Change every 3-4 days or anytime they get very wet from the bath/shower, it helps to smooth down the lumps and stops more forming, carry on with the tape until they're totally smooth, anywhere from 3 to 12months x
KayDeeStafford
KayDeeStafford
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 296

http://www.noobiestoboobies.blogspot.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 13th April 2014, 12:45 pm

Thanks hon how soon can I use that? xx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCheese 13th April 2014, 2:27 pm

That's the tape I've been given to put on my incisions. I have to do it for 12 weeks, changing it every other day

Xx
MrsCheese
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 381

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 13th April 2014, 2:46 pm

MrsCheese wrote:That's the tape I've been given to put on my incisions. I have to do it for 12 weeks, changing it every other day

Xx
Are you scars bad hon? How many weeks post op were you when you started using it? Did surgeon give you it? I've seen some on eBay I might get xx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCheese 13th April 2014, 3:08 pm

I'm happy with them though they are bumpy to touch at the moment. I had to start doing this at week 3, yeah my surgeon gave it to me. As apparently it supports the scar. I have been told the tape should not be stretched / taunt when you put it on. I'm not sure if it works but I'm just doing what I'm told lol
I wouldnt worry too much it is still pretty early days
Xx
MrsCheese
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 381

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 13th April 2014, 6:13 pm

yeah patience is the key for the BA journey lol

ive had to learn to have alot xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 13th April 2014, 6:20 pm

Princessgem wrote:
MrsCheese wrote:That's the tape I've been given to put on my incisions. I have to do it for 12 weeks, changing it every other day

Xx
Are you scars bad hon? How many weeks post op were you when you started using it? Did surgeon give you it? I've seen some on eBay I might get xx

I would only go by what YOUR surgeon has given you and been told how to care for them. Do not go by anyone's else aftercare. 
If hpyou have concerns talk to the nurse or surgeon about it and they'll tailor it for YOU.

At 11days post op your so early your scars will be incredibly bumpy and lumpy and look knotted. 
Most of ours do however at 11days post op many if us don't see them as they're either bandaged, covered or taped. 

Your scars WILL neaten and smooth out, give it time! Scars take around 2years to heal fully so your not even begun seeing any proper healing on them yet! Don't panic!  Give You
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 13th April 2014, 6:27 pm

I will honey I wouldn't put anything on without checking first , thanks everyone xxx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 13th April 2014, 6:29 pm

im sure that when you get they stitches out and they arent so tight that you will feel so different about them xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 13th April 2014, 7:02 pm

They are dissolvable ones honey and glue on the outside I think maybe when they have dissolved the tightness will ease fingers crossed xx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelw287 14th April 2014, 4:43 pm

I think it's  the glue making them more bumpy. I saw someone on here's who's glue had fully come off and revealed a lovely neat scar. 

I also have the tape on mine to help smooth it xx
rachelw287
rachelw287
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 14th April 2014, 9:28 pm

I don't think it's all glue Rachel Hun unfortunately I wish if was :( nearly all the glue has come away now and you can see the skin is pink & bumpy. I'm trying not to dwell on it though, like the other girls say it's very early days, I am generally a very good healer , they are only 1 inch long give or take & I have a cracking pair of boobs so well worth it even if my scars stay the same I wouldn't chAnge anything. I just need to give it more time I think , i am hoping once all stitches have dissolved some of the bumps may soften up xxx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelw287 15th April 2014, 7:47 am

I'll let I know when I have put mine up for u to see. The nurse said to me yesterday skin is like material after sewing, it's gathered until it's ironed. In this case your body is the iron and it will smooths itself- this was before I had even seen them. Like u said, your boobs are fab and they soon won't be visible after dropping Xx
rachelw287
rachelw287
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soosie73 15th April 2014, 8:51 pm

Dissolving stitches are horribly bubmpy to start but I was told after a period of time to start massaging them firmly with BioOil and now they're totally smooth .
Soosie73
Soosie73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 16th April 2014, 12:22 pm

rachelw287 wrote:I'll let I know when I have put mine up for u to see. The nurse said to me yesterday skin is like material after sewing, it's gathered until it's ironed. In this case your body is the iron and it will smooths itself- this was before I had even seen them. Like u said, your boobs are fab and they soon won't be visible after dropping Xx
Thanks honey ! Fingers crossed !! xxx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 16th April 2014, 12:24 pm

Soosie73 wrote:Dissolving stitches are horribly bubmpy to start but I was told after a period of time to start massaging them firmly with BioOil and now they're totally smooth .
Thanks soosie I'm 2 weeks post op today and already can see an improvement although nurse said one of them is a little pink so to keep an eye on it and spray on savlon antiseptic spray.

I can't use bio oil just yet as they are still a wound not a scar but as soon as they are healed I will do xxx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next