Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I Risk It?

+3
Carlito
Emme-Kate
FinallyBB
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should I Risk It? Empty Should I Risk It?

Post by FinallyBB 9th July 2011, 5:05 pm

I had ba March 23rd. 350R/375L moderate+. Took me from a 36aa to a 34d/dd. I have had a really great experience and my results are very nice; however, I would like more projection. My surgeon suggested we could do 450R/475R HP. My concern is am I being too picky? I have had a really good post op with no complications whatsoever. So do I risk having another ba and not having as good of luck this time around? The cost is huge savings if I do it now. I have thought since day one I should have went a little bigger. I am just scared of going through another surgery and having complications. My surgery is set for November 17th.
Has anyone had another surgery just for size without complications the second time arounde? Are you more liable to have complications the 2nd time? Just wondering Should I Risk It? 48411
Thanks!
FinallyBB
FinallyBB
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Should I Risk It? Empty Re: Should I Risk It?

Post by Emme-Kate 9th July 2011, 9:18 pm

I'm also considering a re-do.I had planned on a Mod-Plus and found out after surgery that the surgeon put in Mod's instead without my consent!She told me if I re-do it's actually easier on you the 2nd time around because the pocket is already made.
I'm anxious to see what the other ladies say and what experiences they had with implant exchanges.

By the way-Great question FinallyBB!
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlito 9th July 2011, 9:21 pm

Hun if u have a dd already u should be fairly happy, prob a bit of booby greed. Just have to weigh it out and think will u ever be truly happy with them, it's your body and u know what u want but just be realistic and have a think if it's worth all the money and hassle for prob 1 extra cup size? Good luck with whatever decion u choose x
Carlito
Carlito
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 9th July 2011, 9:50 pm

Did you have unders or overs?I naturally stuck out and that's what I wanted after the BL/BA.I got my cup size back but in clothes they don't stick out like they used to and I look wider and flatter from my front view then I did before.I want to look narrow and projected from the front view like before.Comparing pics from last year and this year in the same tank tops and swim suits you can really see the difference.It's definately not what I paid for.I see your point and know what your going through!These implants look wide and flat on me and it isn't a good look for me and it doesn't suit my body type at all.Is this also an issue for you,do they look a little wide from the front view and not flat like a pancake but flatter then you wished they would be?These are not my dream boobs nor do they come close to my natural projection.I don't want perfect,just close to what I had before breast feeding my children and getting the lift.

I say go for it if it's truly not what you had invisioned

Should I Risk It? 923101
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FinallyBB 10th July 2011, 12:33 am

Exactly Emme-Kate! I measure a d/dd only because they are flat and wide. I look more like a C cup. I can't tell any difference in clothes from when I wore heavy padded bras. I do not have much projection at all. This is what I also wanted. I am too wide and flat. This is why my surgeon suggested the HP's for me. I can't go any bigger on the mod + because they will make me look fat. My surgeon is doing the surgery for only the cost of the surgery center...he isn't charging me....this is why I need to do it now. I keep telling myself just to be happy with what I have, but I knew from day one that I am not happy with my outcome and if I keep telling myself this and ignore the fact, then I am afraid a couple years down the road I will want to re-do them and have to pay full price again. I am not doing it to go up a cup size, I am doing it more for the HP projection. I just decided since I was going to exchange them out that I would go up a size too:)
FinallyBB
FinallyBB
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 10th July 2011, 2:20 am

I was told the sooner I get the implant exchage the better.Because the capsule around the implant forms scar tissue and the less you have the easier the re-implant is.I truly feel with us it's not boob greed,it's that we don't like the actual shape of our new breasts and the way they have conformed to our bodies just doesn't match.I'm sure mine would look awesome on someone with diffeent propotions then mine.It's just not right for me.

Mine look better naked then with clothes on.I know that sounds strange but when I put on a bra and top you can really see that they are wide across my front.To you feel the same way?

To my husband even thinks they look smaller even though I now have what my natural cup size was.It's all because the projection is wrong and in no way matches what I had.It makes a HUGE difference in the look we end up with.

I'll PM you my link if you want to see.I should put up a before and after of me in the same shirt so we can campare.

Best wishes to you!And keep me informed as to what your going to do.
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FinallyBB 10th July 2011, 3:21 am

Emme-Kate, I had unders done and I do believe it isn't boob greed too. It truly is the way they fit my body. If I knew what to expect the first time around, I would have known what to ask for, but I don't think I really even knew what I was asking for. The second time around I know what my expectations are and what can get me there. I also agree with you as far as looking better naked than clothed. But when I look down, I really don't notice a difference at all than before I had it done. My surgeon really thinks the HP's will make the difference I am looking for. Thank you for reassuring me that the sooner the better. I would do it sooner than November, but my work schedule doesn't permit me to. I hope the healing process is a lot shorter this time around; eventhough, I didn't have a hard time the first time. I would love to see your pictures too...I don't have any of mine. I didn't take any...wish I would have now.
FinallyBB
FinallyBB
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 10th July 2011, 4:25 am

I just got my comparison photos ready to put online.I sent you a link.Look for the before and after shirt photos by Sunday morning.I actually ask for the higher profile and a few days after my surgery when I got my serial number card I realized she put in Mod-Profile and less CC's then we had agreed on.She gave me excuses as to why she did this but it's not flying with me at all!And to top it all off I would have to pay for the implants & to be put under they would only cover the operating room and surgeons fees.This is their fault not mine.And in your case they should have went over this with you and explained the different ones that were available to you.I'm sure November would be fine for your re-do!When was your first surgery?I just wouldn't wait years to do it.

Let me know what you think of the photos.
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 10th July 2011, 5:19 am

Ok,the comparison pics are up wearing the same shirt.The doctor even agrees with me that they will not come forward any further.This is it.I didn't expect perfect but I expected them to be projected more than this.You can clearly see why I don't want these in me.I'll take my real boobs over these any day and I needed a lift!LOL!
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 10th July 2011, 12:06 pm

Im not completely happy with mine as i think i neededs a lift but only had a ba. i wish mine projected more from th side too. but i like how wide they r. infact i wouldnt mind them wider and sticky outier! lol i have my post op ap at the end of july, and i cant wait to get my surgeons feedback, at th moment im not too happy tbh. i say go for it!!!
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by Little jen 10th July 2011, 12:11 pm

Go for it, You only live once!!!!

xx
Little jen
Little jen
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 10th July 2011, 12:46 pm

When I first read this post I thought maybe it was just the boob greed setting in, which alot of us get, but then get over it as the our boobs settle. But then when I read Emme-Kates post about not being happy because of the projection, I understand a little more where you are coming from hun.

I think you have to do what makes you happy, I don't see why your recovery should be any different from your first ba. I assume you've already discussed it with your surgeon because you've been told about the cost. If there was going to be any problems he would have told you.

Emme-Kate I hope you don't mind but I looked at your projection comparison pics and I was quite shocked at how much different in size they look, although as I have told you, your boobs do look fab.

xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by FinallyBB 10th July 2011, 3:45 pm

Emme-Kate....I just had a look at your pictures, unfortunately I cannot PM you since I don't have enough posts. I TOTALLY get what you are saying! I feel the same way. The HP's weren't offered to me or even discussed because when I went in to my PS, I said I wanted to be natural and very conservative. I haven't told anyone I had this done...just my husband and I know and one girlfriend who also has had it done. So I made it clear I was going to keep this from my family and so he did give me exactly what I asked for...I just didn't realize exactly what I was asking for...if this makes sense. Now I don't care who knows. I am 41 years old and this is my body. I workout hard every day 7/days/wk. I want them to look the way I want them to look. I don't want to be huge, just more projection and not so wide. However, I am wondering if I will still have the width along with the projection with the HP's. That would be ok by me. Since I am going up 100cc's I may still get the width. I look very proportionate and this is still the look I am going for...just better Should I Risk It? 899188 I think you are beautiful Emme-Kate, but I know how you are feeling. I have tried to put my feelings on this in check, but I still can't get past it...so I think I will go through with my surgery in November. My surgeon won't make me look huge or out of proportion. He wouldn't do it even if I asked him to. There is one thing that is concerning me though...I read an article about HP's implants and how they can ruin your breast tissue and look extremely disfigured. Has anyone else heard of this? Just wondering. The size implants used for this article were only 350 cc size implants too. Just wondering
FinallyBB
FinallyBB
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FinallyBB 10th July 2011, 3:49 pm

Thanks Alfie for the support. I really don't believe it is boob greed either. I would be perfectly happy with the size if they were just a little bit more projected. I look very flat...especially in clothes. Sizing has got to be the worst part about this whole process. And unfortunately, you don't know what you are getting until it's over. I just figured I have gone through a lot already and my husband agrees we should try it until we get there. This will be the last time for me for a long time. I just don't want them to look worse...I always have concerns Should I Risk It? 869500
FinallyBB
FinallyBB
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 10th July 2011, 4:01 pm

The sizing thing is a minefield isn't it, and you're right that you don't know what you'll get till it's over. You can't even compare yourself to someone with the same stats because the outcome is usually different. I knew nothing about profiles before joining this forum, I trusted my surgeon to give me the look I was looking for and luckily he did.

If you trust your surgeon hun, I can't see how they can look worse, you have the supprt of your husband, so I'd say go for it.

Good luck hun and I hope you stick around on the forum.

xxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FinallyBB 10th July 2011, 4:14 pm

Thanks alfie. This whole process has been really mind numbing. I have been wanting this for 11 years now. This wasn't something I took lightly or made up my mind one day and impulsively decided to do this. 10 years ago I had my surgery set with a surgeon, but canceled the day before. My gut was just telling me don't do it (at least with him). The feeling of wanting this never went away, so my husband encouraged me to finally have another consult with a different surgeon (known to be the best in our area) and I felt this was definitely the one and definitely the time to do it. I am so happy I did do it. I always felt guilty about spending this kind of money on me. But now I am really thankful I did. I love this forum. I am usually a lurker and not a poster...but it sure helps ease my mind and concerns when I can ask you wonderful ladies what you think. Your avatar alfie is amazing. You look amazing! You were one of my inspirations on this forum too. I am obsessed with reading everyone's stories and loving to hear and see the results too!
FinallyBB
FinallyBB
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlito 10th July 2011, 5:02 pm

Hun like I said earlier it's your body and u know best, u do sound really down about it though and I would def go over this wit your ps. I hope u get sorted soon and feel better wit ur boobies. After waiting so long u should be getting exactly what u want!
Carlito
Carlito
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 10th July 2011, 6:07 pm

Like you finallybb I have wanted this for a long time and I was 45 when I finally took the plunge, and I also felt really guilty about the money side of things, but my hubby was very supportive and has never once made me feel guilty about spending so much money.

Thankyou for the lovely compliment hun. Stick around on the forum, everyone is so friendly and supportive, I couldn't have got through the whole thing without it and even though I'm 18 months post op I still log in everyday to see how everyone is doing.

Take care hun. xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 12th July 2011, 4:46 am

Alfie-I don't mind that you looked at all.I value all of your opinions.I just feel so ripped off because she knew what I wanted to achieve and how my natural look was in regards to my breast projection prior to surgery and we actually picked the higher profile and came out of surgery with totally different implants for no good reason at all.I'm still shocked that they want me to pay for the new implants!

It just proves that even with careful planning of 3 years and going on 4 consultations you can still have issues.And this surgeons has a 100% perfect record....UGH!

FinallyBB-I'm so sorry you after 11 years of waiting!I doubt either of us thought we would be having to re-op after all the planning we did!Please keep in touch so we can compare our outcome after the re-ops are done.

My girlfriend had HP profiles overs but they were HUGE and they did thin out her breast tissue.She had 2 peri-areola lifts with purse string sutures after each time she did implant exchanges.She is now looking into a re-op with smaller implants/under.At the moment,she had her implants completely removed to allow her latest lift to heal first so she has a better outcome once the implants are in.But her case had a lot to do with her putting in those HUGE implants and her skin tissue is abnormally thin.Overs look great but in her case her doctor really should have made a better decision and do unders on a person with her issues.I'm sure if your doctor thought your breast tissue was to thin for HP he wouldn't encourage you to go ahead with the re-op.

Thank you all for your opinions.You ladies are AWESOME!
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FinallyBB 13th July 2011, 1:23 am

Emme-Kate...Thanks for all the great information. I will definitely keep in touch. My reop is scheduled for November 17th and I plan on going through with it. Please keep in touch with me also. I would love to hear your outcome as well. It just goes to show you that even with all the planning, there is no exact science to know for sure exactly what you are getting until it is done.
FinallyBB
FinallyBB
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 13th July 2011, 2:16 am

Let me know what size you decide to go with(if you do change your mind about CC's) I see now how different implants can look awesome on one woman and bad on another.Good luck to you!

I'll add you to my friends list on here.Make sure you verify it so we can keep in touch :)
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FinallyBB 16th July 2011, 4:38 pm

I am going with 450 R/ 475 L HP's. Oh, it is scheduled for November 16th...not 17th:) I wish I could just go ahead and do it right now, but my work schedule doesn't permit me to. Oh well, I will just have to learn patienceShould I Risk It? 267328
I am hoping to stay in my dd size bras, just want to fill them out better on top! I am thinking it should be ok. I asked for 500cc's, but he said that would make me huge and I don't want that either. I am very petite and just want to look proportionate. I can't wait til this is all over. The first ba recovery was very easy for me, so I am sure the second one will be even easier:)
FinallyBB
FinallyBB
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 16th July 2011, 6:48 pm

I bet it will be really easy the second time too.I'm making an appointment with my original surgeon this week.I want to go over things with her again.I'm not 100% sure if I'll have her re-implant me or not.I'm happy with everything she did in regards to my lift and the implants look nice and shaped well.It's just that darn profile is wrong for me.Ugh!
I just keep thinking will she finally get it right if I let her do the re-op?I was positive her and I were on the same page with all this the first time.

That sounds like the right size for you to get better projection yet stay in your size range.The time will pass quickly and before you know it you'll be going in for the implants!I'm so happy for you :)
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FinallyBB 17th July 2011, 12:50 am

I am thinking about scheduling in mid-September if I can. If I could have the surgery on a Thursday then I could go back to work on Monday. (I am an office manager so not too strenuous). Do you think this could work? I really don't want to wait another 4 months. I am one of those people that once I make up my mind, I just want to get it done. I didn't have too much pain or any trouble the first time, and I was told the second time is even more easier than the first. Can anyone confirm this? Do you think I could pull this off?
Thanks for any and all info.
FinallyBB
FinallyBB
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 17th July 2011, 5:05 am

Good question.I'll post it for us in a new topic!
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next