Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nerve Pain.....So frustrating!!

+10
Jennifer2011
jen86
COOKIE
Knxgrl
springstep123
*Sally*
lilypop
Tracyd
Rtaylor
star2angel
14 posters

Go down

Nerve Pain.....So frustrating!! Empty Nerve Pain.....So frustrating!!

Post by star2angel 7th June 2011, 6:50 am

Day four and things are nothing like I expected!help

I have no "morning boob", I can wave my arms above my head, I am doing really, really well apart from one thing..........nerve pain!

It is driving me mad (and making me cry when it is really bad!). It started on the night of day 2, was hideously awful yesterday, sending me to bed in tears in the end because I couldn't handle the pain, and this morning, it is pretty much constant but not as severe as yesterday.

I am so frustrated because if there were no nerve pain, I would be sooooo comfortable! But the nerve pain is so bad, it is stopping me from doing anything in case it triggers it.

I never expected this......

Sorry to rant. growl
star2angel
star2angel
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Nerve Pain.....So frustrating!! Empty Re: Nerve Pain.....So frustrating!!

Post by Rtaylor 7th June 2011, 7:22 am

So sorry to hear your suffering babe, I had a really bad recovery also, just wanted to let you know that it does get better and you soon forget the pain but I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better right now :(
I hope you start to feel better soon and start to enjoy your new boobies x x
Rtaylor
Rtaylor
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracyd 7th June 2011, 8:05 am

Were you told you could lift your arms above your head then? I am not allowed to lift my arms past elbow height for 2 weeks. Which is making doing anything impossible. I guess we are all told to do things really different which is kind of difficult giving each other advice. I had some pain in my scar area yesterday and on Saturday my right one really hurt. The pain will go hun, I had my first boob job done 8 years ago and only remember it hurting for a week but that time I was able to lift my arms but this time I cant. Hope you start to feel alot better today and rest of this week. T
xx
Tracyd
Tracyd
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by lilypop 7th June 2011, 8:39 am

You poor thing - having suffered nerve pain in other areas following a different op - i know exactly what you mean. It will go but guessing at the moment you are feeling really crap. I really hope you feel better soon, we are all rooting for you and for those of us in early stage of recovery, are right with you x
lilypop
lilypop
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 7th June 2011, 8:45 am

You say you can wave your hands above your head but really hun I wouldn't do that if I were u. I didn't move my arms past my elbow for at least the first week. I could move them but didn't want to put strain on the incisions. Are you keeping up with your meds? Take them regularly for the first week even if the pain goes as missing a dose can make the pain come back x
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by star2angel 7th June 2011, 10:04 am

Ha ha! Thanks for the advice Sally....no, I am not literally waving them above my head but I have no restricted movement if that makes sense? I have over the muscle implants via a crease incision and my PS didn't say anything about keeping my arms down. Just not too lift anything, always bend at the knee etc.

I am taking my meds every 4 hours and sleeping well. I have invested a couple of hours of ice pack and massage this morning and that seems to have got me mobile enough to shower and dress. I think my husband is in for a shock - me in clothes rather than pj's for the first time since Friday morning!

Cheers guys x
star2angel
star2angel
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by springstep123 3rd July 2011, 7:57 am

star2angel... what happened to do with this? I have exactly the same agonising problem and its really getting me down!
springstep123
springstep123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 329

Back to top Go down

Post by Knxgrl 3rd July 2011, 8:01 am

I actually just posted a similar topic! any ideas?
Knxgrl
Knxgrl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 373

Back to top Go down

Post by springstep123 3rd July 2011, 8:10 am

hey knxgirl, your other topic is about general soreness which i expect to be a result of the muscle relaxants they use in surgery (makes your muscles contract as it works) and being boshed about by the surgeon then holding yourself in funny positions to avoid more pain after surgery.

This pain is severe, sharp, unbearable, in one focal area in my boob. I imagine there is a nerve somewhere which is being rubbed or has been cut. It will suddenly come on ay any point - moving my arm, moving my torso so my muscles contract, adjusting my bra... and i can't do anything for fear of setting it off because it's unbearable.
springstep123
springstep123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Knxgrl 3rd July 2011, 8:18 am

Oh wow that's terrible! You may want to call the dr office just to see if that's normal for you.... I suspect to an extent it us, but not it's not being unbearable! Get to feeling better! Give You
Knxgrl
Knxgrl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 373

Back to top Go down

Post by springstep123 3rd July 2011, 8:29 am

thanks... i had an emergency appointment with my surgeon day 3 post op and she said there's nothing wrong she can see... she basically just checked for a haematoma and then said to take pain killers... i dont think i got across to her how bad it is. I am seeing her again in 4 days and that cannot come fast enough!
springstep123
springstep123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd July 2011, 9:07 am

I'm confuddled LOL. You say you're day four in your recovery yet your ticker says you'r one month post-op LOL.

If you're one month post-op sweetie, then you should be able to massage the area just fine and this should help to desensitise the nerve, you should still however inform your surgeon and have the pain noted babe.

If you're four days post-op, that's different 'cos you won't be able to massage for risk of disturbing the fresh wound.

I've just replied to exactly the same concern from Springstep hun, so at 4 days post-op the same answer would apply to you, so I'm just going to copy 'n' paste the same response here lovely.

Keep the pain meds going sweetheart, if you need to use an alarm to enable you to take your meds regularly then do that hun, it makes all the difference to how the meds works, taking them regularly at the right time will keep the strength of analgesia topped up all the time.

I'm presuming you'll be having another check up soon? Be sure you mention the pain you're experiencing hun and that it's noted, if it's still there by then.

Nerve pain is awful! I have it myself hun, it usually does settle down though as
the swelling subsides, hopefully the next few days as you get more mobile will make all the difference to you. Nerve Pain.....So frustrating!! 571992
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by springstep123 3rd July 2011, 9:43 am

thank you thank you, will take some ibruprofen now, maybe it'll take the swelling down a bit more Nerve Pain.....So frustrating!! 856466
springstep123
springstep123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by star2angel 3rd July 2011, 11:03 am

Springstep, I have replied to your PM. Happy for you to copy it here if you think it would help others. Good luck. x
star2angel
star2angel
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 4th July 2011, 7:27 am

hun i hope it eases up soon for you... i too thought i had dodged morning boob....hen it came after a bout a week or so. i think it must have been the GA finally leaving my body! ha ha
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer2011 4th July 2011, 8:30 am

cookie wrote:I'm confuddled LOL. You say you're day four in your recovery yet your ticker says you'r one month post-op LOL.

If you're one month post-op sweetie, then you should be able to massage the area just fine and this should help to desensitise the nerve, you should still however inform your surgeon and have the pain noted babe.

If you're four days post-op, that's different 'cos you won't be able to massage for risk of disturbing the fresh wound.

I've just replied to exactly the same concern from Springstep hun, so at 4 days post-op the same answer would apply to you, so I'm just going to copy 'n' paste the same response here lovely.

Keep the pain meds going sweetheart, if you need to use an alarm to enable you to take your meds regularly then do that hun, it makes all the difference to how the meds works, taking them regularly at the right time will keep the strength of analgesia topped up all the time.

I'm presuming you'll be having another check up soon? Be sure you mention the pain you're experiencing hun and that it's noted, if it's still there by then.

Nerve pain is awful! I have it myself hun, it usually does settle down though as
the swelling subsides, hopefully the next few days as you get more mobile will make all the difference to you. Nerve Pain.....So frustrating!! 571992

Cookie this is an old thread from beginning of June that has been bumped Hysterical :flowers: Xxx
Jennifer2011
Jennifer2011
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th July 2011, 11:10 am

Ohhhhhhh DOH! Thanks Jennifer Nerve Pain.....So frustrating!! 869500 ah well, anyone researching nerve pain may get a little something from this still anyway Nerve Pain.....So frustrating!! 184153 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkiw 4th July 2011, 8:52 pm

Im been having the same since day 3 and am now nearly 3 weeks post op, my boobs are so sensitive at times then others I get shooting pains across them :(
nikkiw
nikkiw
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by secretsquirrel 9th August 2011, 6:17 pm

Hi girls, I'm only on day 6 and suffering badly with nerve pain in one boob. Intense and constant. The most painful thing I've ever experienced. I went back to see the consultant yesterday and he has changed my medication to morphine and a drug that is for epilepsy and spinal injuries which works on the nervous system. At the moment I am full of regret and in agony. Consultant said he had only seen 4 patients in 16 years with such a bad nerve flare up! Great... Really keen to know if yours has calmed down now girls and you are pleased with the result? Sorry to hear it has happened to you too xx
secretsquirrel
secretsquirrel
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennie 14th August 2011, 2:00 pm

Secretsquirrel, how is the medication working out for your pain? From what you said about the type of medication you are taking I have to say that you need to look out for depression. If you feel depressed/down/unusually sad then the side effects of this medication could be doing this to you, especially if you are feeling down about the pain to start with it will just highlight your upset more. Be careful huni, this medication is not nice and can be dangerous.
I hope your pain subsides sooner rather than later Nerve Pain.....So frustrating!! 571992
Jennie
Jennie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by secretsquirrel 14th August 2011, 4:17 pm

Thanks Jennie, I really appreciate your reply. You're so right, they are seriously strong meds and enough to send you into a depression which I am desperate to avoid (I only recently came through a period of depression after losing a baby, losing my Dad and splitting with my husband in a 3 month period). The nerves are still going crazy in one boob but as I've started to recover from the op I don't feel like I need the morphine so have cut it out and I'm just taking regular stuff like paracetamol. I'm still on the epilepsy drugs but with a view to decreasing the dose over the next couple of weeks. I also had liposuction to my bum, thighs and hips at the same time as the boob op so I feel like I've been in a car crash! That is all settling down although I am purple and black from the waist down. It's just the boob I need to sort which is constantly painful and on fire and I'm going to look into some homeopathic remedies too which will be more gentle on the system hopefully. I've also found that the more active I am the less it hurts. Lying still is when it's most painful. Although my Consultant disputes this and tells me to rest!

By the way, I love it that you've gone from a AA to an E!! Fabulous. I wasn't brave enough unfortunately and mine are pretty small. Kind of thinking I should have gone bigger to balance out my butt! Are you pleased with your result and feeling OK?

xxx
secretsquirrel
secretsquirrel
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by shygirltina 20th August 2011, 10:46 pm

I have also suffered from nerve pain - for me the main areas have been above the scar (lower swell) and also to the side of the drain area. Being diabetic I do suffer from nerve pain anyway alas. I wasnt discharged from hospital until day 11 anyway (still draining merrily) and my body promptly went into mass infection - abcesses, cysts etc - so it was then 3 weeks of big antibiotics. Am now on day 35 and for the last 2 days the nerve pain has subsided although my sleep pattern is totally ruined. I usually take amitriptyline, diclophenac, aspirin, temgesic and morphine sulphate so I also dont have much room to manouvere. My left one is lowering happily and a steady c my right one is still tense as anything - a D ball and this is the one with most general and nerve pain. Hey ho - hang on in there and revert to your breathing excersises.
shygirltina
shygirltina
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down