Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tear Drop or Round? I'm confused...

+6
Flossy
Dina
pinkbabe
janeybird
misf1
amiselfcentered
10 posters

Go down

Tear Drop or Round? I'm confused... Empty Tear Drop or Round? I'm confused...

Post by amiselfcentered 16th May 2011, 1:29 pm

Hello ladies,

I'm new here. After 8 years of waiting I am finally booking my consultations and super close to finally have my wish come true!
I had two consultations already and they have left me more confused than relieved.
I am currently a 34A (but even the A cup doesnt really fill out!!) and I am very thin, especially my waist and tall. I do not want to look like Victoria Beckham or like someone stuck two balls on me.
My goals: cleavage!!!!, natural movement and feel, no big risk of rippling.

Generally, I feel many round implants give you the plastic/beckham feel so I tend to get tear drops. But I read SO many bad things about tear drops that I am really confused. For example that they dont give much cleavage or that the texture cause more rippling or that they dont move as natural as round once when you lie down etc...is this true?
I dont want to make a mistake
Thanks for your help!
amiselfcentered
amiselfcentered
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Tear Drop or Round? I'm confused... Empty Re: Tear Drop or Round? I'm confused...

Post by misf1 16th May 2011, 1:44 pm

What have the surgeons suggested that you have been to see? They should be able to tell you how you can achieve the look you want and the shape and placement of the implant too.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Tear Drop or Round? I'm confused... Empty Re: Tear Drop or Round? I'm confused...

Post by amiselfcentered 16th May 2011, 1:47 pm

hi misf1,
cheers for the quick reply!
one of the surgeon ONLY does tear drops so of course that was the only thing he talked about, its his main work and he is really good at it, i am just not sure if its the right thing you know!
the other surgeon does both and said both would be possible but he didnt really give me much info as in what it will look like after.
i am booked in for more consultations as i feel like i need much more information but everything takes ages
amiselfcentered
amiselfcentered
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 16th May 2011, 1:53 pm

Anatomicals have exactly the same as round implants the only problem is the risk of rotation. The anatomicals will move just the same as round it is the placement that can change the way they move but this is not always the case. I think more consultations will be good to help you decide. I cant tell the difference with anatomicals and rounds unless someone has big implants. Unfortunately only you can decide on what you prefer. Ask the surgeon to show you some pics of his work especially if he does both shape implants
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by amiselfcentered 16th May 2011, 1:57 pm

i just keep seeing this Tear Drop or Round? I'm confused... Victoria_beckham_breast_implants
and i dont like that you can see the outline of the implants on the top and appearently this is more common with round ones?
my waist is thinner than hers also :(
amiselfcentered
amiselfcentered
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 16th May 2011, 2:04 pm

I was really worried about getting the Victoria Beckham look (as thin and no breast tissue - bony chest etc) I have rounds but cos under muscle i have no 'tennis ball stuck on chest look' see avatar
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 16th May 2011, 2:08 pm

I would def try and see some other suregons as they all have there own preference eg some only do overs. As janey said unders offer a more natural look if thats what your after, but you can still get a natural look with round overs too just obviously not with a masssive size. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by Dina 16th May 2011, 3:04 pm

I went for my very first consultation and I decided on a tear drop because a natural tear drop shape is what I want. My doc said the only way to place it in without it rotating is from the crease incision and under the muscle. And also the implant is textured as well. I did see a few after pictures of tear drop Implants used and i could still see some cleavage. So i'm pretty confident in my decision. I hope this helps :)
Dina
Dina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Flossy 16th May 2011, 3:34 pm

Im having teardrops on the 24th so i will let you know how i get on..

I was starting to get abit nervous about having the teardrops but my surgeon has assured me he knows what his doing so i think i will let him crack on :good:

As im very thin and boney he said this would be the most natural look i could have which is all i can hope for !

xxx
Flossy
Flossy
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 16th May 2011, 3:55 pm

just get in a few more consultations and make sure the surgeon knows exactly what kind of lok your going for...take pics in, and explain, then he can make an informed decision. good luck xx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 16th May 2011, 4:20 pm

amiselfcentered wrote:one of the surgeon ONLY does tear drops so of course that was the only thing he talked about, its his main work and he is really good at it, i am just not sure if its the right thing you know!
it's worrying when a surgeon only uses a certain shape implant, placement or incision. What's good for one may not be good for another. My personal experience says steer clear of surgeons who want to do things THEIR way. It needs to be done the best way for each client.
amiselfcentered wrote:the other surgeon does both and said both would be possible but he didnt really give me much info as in what it will look like after.
Ahh, the magic mirror syndrome. If only we had a magic mirror that would let us see what we'd look like after surgery! Sadly it's not been invented yet. But if you tell your surgeon exactly what you don't want (I'm pretty sure they hear girls say they don't want to Posh look about ten times a day!) then he should be able to give you the look you want.
amiselfcentered wrote:i am booked in for more consultations as i feel like i need much more information but everything takes ages
You're going about it completely the right way. Sounds like you have a sensible head on your shoulders. The key is research, research, research. Don't rush in to anything until you're 100% happy with the clinic, surgeon, implants, placement etc.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th May 2011, 5:51 pm

I would definately steer well clear of any surgeon that offers a one size fits all aproach in regard to the shape of implant, placement or surgery plan - There's no such thing!

We're each unique and in being different to another woman we're each going to have different results depending on so many factors that need to be taken into account such as how much body fat you have, how much breast tissue you have, how your rib shape falls, how your natural breasts fall, and height and weight to name but a few!

Taking all that into consideration it's not difficult to see that there is no way just one kind of surgery would be right for women of all shapes and sizes!

I'd definately see other surgeons babe and if you ever hear that they only do one shaped implant, or only do 'overs' or 'unders'... run as fast as your little legs can carry ya! 'cos they don't have YOUR best interests at heart lovely, if they did, they would use a surgery plan specifically tailored to your needs from the kind of implant needed, the placement needed and the size needed to best get you the look you're wanting. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lolly 16th May 2011, 6:49 pm

you can acheive a really natural look from rounds, im not keen on the atomicals due to the risk of rotation at least if this happens with a round your breast shape wont change. im sure if you mentioned to your surgeon that you wanted a natural look he would be able to advise you, people seem to be of the illusion that because the implant is round then they will look round when in - this is not the case look at some of the girls avatars who have had rounds and you will see they look really naturall, i had rounds 15 years ago and they are completly natural looking with a nice slope- so much so no one hardly knows i have them,..lol
lolly
lolly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 563

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down