Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with decision: donut or lollipop?

+6
kaboobie
charms
sarahdawn31
COOKIE
kay
bigandsmall
10 posters

Go down

Help with decision: donut or lollipop? Empty Help with decision: donut or lollipop?

Post by bigandsmall 13th May 2011, 8:53 pm

Hi girls

I'd really love any advice from girls who have had a donut or lollipop lift. Basically as I'm so asymmetrical only one side needs lifting, and my surgeon has said I have two options for the lift (donut or lollipop) - I'm also having differently sized implants to make everything match. Has anyone else been given the coice or did your sugeon just decide?

Is anyone willing to share thier recovery photos with me? I'm willing to share my pre-op photos in return!

I'm just feeling a bit unsure of which route to take:
Donut - less scars, but might not bring my nipple us as high as my non droopy breast
Lollipop - more scars but more lift

arrrgh!
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Help with decision: donut or lollipop? Empty Re: Help with decision: donut or lollipop?

Post by kay 13th May 2011, 9:20 pm

I personally would go with the donut if only having the one done as the scar should be less noticeable xx

What has your PS suggested? And what would happen if you had the donut and then weren't happy with the result? What would your PS do? xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Help with decision: donut or lollipop? Empty Re: Help with decision: donut or lollipop?

Post by COOKIE 13th May 2011, 9:55 pm

I think with something like assymetry, it's a little more complicated than just making a decision and sticking by it, as when you're in theatre and your surgeon places the implant, your choice may not then necessarily be the 'best' one to get the best from your surgery and as you've then made it clear that that's what you'd like, you're surgeon is kinda compelled to do what you asked for rather than what might be the better option...

If it were me, I think I'd tell your surgeon that if possible you'd prefer the doughnut lift, but... if in theatre, your surgeon feel you'd get a better result from having a lollipop lift, only then would you like him to perfom the latter...

You're gonna go into theatre this way not knowing how much scarring you'll have, but you'll also go in knowing that you've given your surgeon who's skills you must trust to have him operating on you in the first place the option of both to give you the very best result he can, so go in expecting the worse and if you only needed a doughnut lift... then that's a bonus sweetie. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 13th May 2011, 10:18 pm

Great suggestion by cookie...
yes the donut will have less scar, but you wouldnt want to sacrifice the full lift of the lollipop if need, so by letting them decide when the implant is in is a great idea!

I have had a lolli lift and happy to share pics if you would like a look.
x
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by charms 13th May 2011, 10:30 pm

totaly agree with the others its harder with only one side but to get enough lift i think the scars are not that bad. // oh ive also got pics of how my scars came out if youd like to see.

charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by kaboobie 13th May 2011, 11:25 pm

I would honestly sit down with you Ps and decide whether shape and perkiness is more important or less lines (bc the scars just end up looking like lines once they fade)
My PS said i should have lift and when I said I wanted areola he said he could do donut lift. It didnt work so well and I needed a re-op and had to go through it all over again. It all really depends on volume of implant and how saggy you are now with how much actual breast tissue and how much skin.
I am willing to show you my pics so you can see why and what I mean by it not working and my pre ba pics so you have something to go by, because I really wish I would have seen before and afters before I decided the first time. PM me if you want xoxox
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by POTCHIE123 14th May 2011, 12:28 am

Hey Hun. I had one nipple 5 cm lower that the other my ps said that's huge difference. He did a doughnut lift and said it was great because he could thak out so much around the upper nipple that it gave me lots of lift. I also had 400cc put in so that help in filling them so no more of a lift was needed. I'm only one day post OP but me and my ps are over the moon with the results.
I hope this helps. Good luck sweetie
POTCHIE123
POTCHIE123
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by POTCHIE123 14th May 2011, 12:30 am

I will put pics up when I'm feeling a little better
POTCHIE123
POTCHIE123
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 14th May 2011, 5:08 am

it depends on the amount of lift you need. I would leave that decision in the hands of your surgeon though tbh.
pm me if you want to see my pics (lolli)
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 15th May 2011, 6:02 pm

Hi Girls

Thanks for all your replies, and Cookie, that is great advice. I'm dfefinately going to tell the surgeon that he sould go with what seems best in the theatre.

Because I'm asym it is slightly like the surgeon can't for definate say what I will prefer because so many of my issues are to do with making them look as similar as possible, so I'm trying really hard to think about whether nipples being a bit out of line or sca on one, not the other, would feel worse to me.

The surgeon said that the donut lift can make the nipple a bit bigger, is that true? Surely if he thought it would then he'd reduce it a bit when he has it off for the lift? I guess I'm not sure if he just means it might seem bigger cos the scar might stand out. I know I need to ask him more about this, at next consult, as the nipple is already bigger on that side as it is!

p.s. I'm going to message lots of you to view your scar pics, hope you don't mind! This has been sooo expensive as I had to have a tissue expander in my small side, I just want to get the best possible result!

xxx
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 15th May 2011, 6:07 pm

p.s. does anyone know how many cm they can usually lift with the donut lift/at what point they usually suggest lolli?
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 15th May 2011, 9:30 pm

I am not sure about this but i think the concern about the nipple getting bigger with the donut lift is that it may stretch from the stress of the implant on that particular type of inscision line... so I dont think they know if it will or wont happen until it has started to heal...

I did have slight stretching on my right nipple so it is slightly larger and a bit more oval than round... however it is very slight and no one but me really notices.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by debsrich 1st October 2011, 7:30 am

bigandsmall wrote:p.s. does anyone know how many cm they can usually lift with the donut lift/at what point they usually suggest lolli?

Hi,
Did you find out an answer to this question??
I am booked for doughnut lift with implants, but was advised by a different surgeon I'd need full anchor lift which I really don't want! I truly believed my surgeon when he said he can get the results just by periareola... He didn't even consider anchor or lollipop?!
Did you end up with the doughnut or full?
Thanks!
x
debsrich
debsrich
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 614

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 1st October 2011, 2:34 pm

for what its worth, the scars round my areolas are more noticeable than the vertical lollipop scars or the anchor scars, so really try not to let the amount of scarring influence your decision
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by debsrich 1st October 2011, 2:46 pm

Hi Abbie,
Thanks for your reply! My friend has experienced the same as you... I am just super squeamish and the thought of the anchor makes me cringe! I know if I look at that on me I'll hate it!
1 question... Do you still get hard/erect nipples following your uplift? This is 1 thing I haven't ask!
Thanks! x
debsrich
debsrich
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nickimarie 5th October 2011, 1:40 pm

Hi Hun,

I had a donut lift on both boobs and wish I'd gone for the full lift now. The shape of them isn't fantastic, especially the one that was a bit more droopy... it's kind of flattish from the side if that makes sense. Like you I was worried about the scarring but it does fade really well so I think getting the right shape is more important. You can also have medical tattooing to disguise the scars after a year or so.

Check with your PS because I have since read that donut lifts can produce a flatter shaped boob!!

Good luck xx
nickimarie
nickimarie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by debsrich 5th October 2011, 3:11 pm

Hi nikki,
Thanks for your reply.... Hmmm.... So difficult!! Do you have any before and after pics I could see?
Thanks,
Ria
debsrich
debsrich
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down