Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going in for my BL/BA consultation - help needed!

5 posters

Go down

Going in for my BL/BA consultation - help needed! Empty Going in for my BL/BA consultation - help needed!

Post by elle83 4th May 2011, 2:30 am

Hi Girls!
Im so happy!! iv just noticed im active!!! YAY!!!! Stars
Finally!!
So i am going to find out on friday if i need an uplift or not, but i think i want an areola reduction anyway and I was wondering if anyone would mind if i had a peek at some pics?
All the pics i can find on the internet are really new scars and dont really give a good idea of the finished result.
I think if i saw some good pics it would help me to know what to expect and what a good result is compared to a bad one ( although i know everyone heals differently)
Im soooo scared about scars but i know that some you are really happy with your results and iv been dying to see!!
Also are there any questions you wished you had asked about a breast lift/ areola reduction or any thing vital i shouldnt forget when i go? really want to get the most out of, usually when i go to anything where i need to be on point i think of all the questions i should of asked on the way home!!! :doh:

elle xxxxxxxxx
elle83
elle83
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Going in for my BL/BA consultation - help needed! Empty Re: Going in for my BL/BA consultation - help needed!

Post by COOKIE 4th May 2011, 7:20 am

Hi Elle, as you KNOW you'll forget lots at your consultation, maybe take someone along with you sweetness, they often think of things you don't and when you come out your mind usually goes blank so their support in helping you remember what was said is great.

Also write EVERYTHING down that you want to ask and dont be afraid to meticulously go through each question, this is major surgery you're having and you want to be sure you're getting everything you need to get the look you want.

Take in pics of boobs you like with you too so your surgeon can see the 'look' and the 'size' you're wanting, this really helps your surgeon to 'see' what you want from your results as they work in volume, so forget talking about 'cup sizes' sweetness, it's the volume they need to know how much is required to get you that look, so 'seeing' helps them know approximately how many CCs would be needed from an implant.

Just be prepared hun! Your surgeon will do everything they can, but you have to help them KNOW what it is you want. And don't leave until you're happy and sure of what has been discussed.

Do all that and the scarring is secondary if your surgeon thinks you need a lift hun. You're gonna be fine, but do your legwork sweetie, make sure you let your surgeon know exactly what it is you'd like from them, be realistic and you should then end up with as close as possible the look you hope for. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Going in for my BL/BA consultation - help needed! Empty Re: Going in for my BL/BA consultation - help needed!

Post by sarahdawn31 4th May 2011, 7:29 am

hey hun, I had a lollipop lift and I am very happy with my scars, so I am happy to share my pics just pm me if you'd like a look. x
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by elle83 4th May 2011, 10:53 am

Fantastic advice cookie! i didnt even think of bringing pictures with me!! And im going to start writing down questions, if i start now then by fri I should be ready!
Super excited, it all seems more real now im going to see a surgeon!
Thank you sooooo much Sarah dawn!!!! Im so glad to hear that you are happy with your results! Makes me less nervous in case i do need a lift!
elle83
elle83
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by charms 5th May 2011, 12:35 pm

hi i had a lift - anchor lift.. and the scars around my areolas have been pretty much invisible from the beginning... the vertical scars are also pretty much invisible and only the horizontal scars are a little pink. //

with mine they used a surgical glue instead of external stitches which peeled off after a bit and i was amazed that especially around the areola the scar was literally nonexistent from the very beginning...im looking at them right now and cant even tell anything was done there. i will have pics up in a couple days if that would help. :}
charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by elle83 7th May 2011, 6:38 pm

WOW! So thats the secret....surgical glue! I was wondering why some people have nearly NO scars! Lots of people from the US seem to have had surgical glue instead of stitches, I wonder if it is the same in the UK?
Would love to see pics!
I feel like a pervert at the moment because I am spending hours searching for pictures of boobs i like to show my surgeon!! Hysterical
elle83
elle83
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 7th May 2011, 9:56 pm

My PS did use some internal dissolvable stitches but he also used this other stuff, he didnt call is glue but I suspect it is or similar... he haid that ps's havent been using it on BAs or BLs for long they ususally used it with tummy tucks and such but they are now more often using it because it gives a great result... It is like a clear layer over the insicions and it keeps the scar completely flat and sealed in so I would guess would help prevent infection too... anyway it just slowly comes off and I think around the 10 - 14 day post op the nurse removed the rest and truly my scar underneath was healed so well for so early on!
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by charms 8th May 2011, 2:39 am

i seriously cant say enough good things about the glue. // it actually is glue, it is actually related to krazy-glue... we looked it up... // so i had lots of dissolvable internal stitches but the external scars were only closed with this glue. // it was awesome because it was very neat and no bandages at all.. no strips no nothing.. i was allowed to shower the very next day because it is waterproof and totally closes it from bacteria.. (no baths of course though) it just stayed on doing its thing and then gradually started falling off after a week or so, and where it had been, the scars were like flawless.

the only down thing i guess i could say about it is sometimes people have skin reactions. // unfortunately this happened to me but even so, i lovd the glue and would want it again. i dont think it was the glue my skin reacted to, i was fine with it until i tried to go bra shopping and the lady in the bra shop pulled really hard and ripped open one of my incisions!! i was so upset.

then after that, my skin got really sensitive and i got a really bad rash. i really think it was only cause of that stupid lady though.

so the dr put vaseline on it and it just came right off and i was fine. i really really regret that i couldnt leave the glue on til it fell off naturally, because it was amazing for leaving invisible scars. // some places where the glue had to be removed my scars are more red but other places, you cant see ANYTHING. //

charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by charms 8th May 2011, 2:43 am

oh and when i have pics up i can let you know. // :}
charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 8th May 2011, 2:50 am

my nurse used bio oil and tea tree oil when removing it, and it didnt irritate my skin at all, came off really easy.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 8th May 2011, 6:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is a good link. Id show you my pics, but i havent got any up past a few weeks, so not really what you want. I need to put some new ones up at some point
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by charms 8th May 2011, 7:15 am

mine right now looks like hers at 13 months /
charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by elle83 18th May 2011, 12:08 pm

So iv been for 3 consultations and i feel sooooo confused!!!

Iv been to mya but didnt like it and didnt even bother to make an appointment to see the surgeon (followed my gut instinct, but i might go back if the others are no good)
Iv been to transform which i prefered, i got to see a surgeon straight away and i quite liked the surgeon, but ill be happier when iv seen pics of her work which they say i can see soon, they dont have any at the moment (strange?)
Iv also been to Harley street, they were very nice, and they seem very experienced and well qualified. my pc (is that what they are called?) was super friendly, but if i want to see a surgeon i either have to book and pay £500 or pay £100 for a consultation! She took a look but she is not a surgeon so it felt a bit pointless!

Also they were so much more expensive, Harley street quoted £6470 and transform quoted £4000! I dont mind paying more if the results are worth it but they seem to want to drain money from you before you've even met the surgeon!
im of to mybreast next week, so we will see how that compares!

Will probably have a lot of questions for you girls next week! Its so hard to weigh up all the pros and cons of each, im going to have to make a list like Ross in Friends!! Heart
elle83
elle83
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th May 2011, 1:01 pm

Why don't you call the clinics and ask which surgeons would be availe for you for the dates you'd like your surgery.

Get the names and then do your own research on each surgeon, you can do this by checking them out on the GMC register to see what qualifications they hold and by typing their name into google and seeing what comes up about them as well posting the names here to see if any of the ladies have had their surgery with the surgeon and what they thought.

Based on your own research you can then decide which of the surgeons you'd like to see and whether you feel it's worth paying to see them, I personally think it's worth the chance of losing £100 if you possibly think they might be the right surgeon for you, if you get there after doing all your research and find they aren't the surgeon for you, you lose the £100 but on the other hand they might be perfect for you and it's worth giving a chance if your research tells you that they are a fab surgeon.

The reward of doing things this way is that YOU get to choose which surgeon you want rather than a PC who has no medical training at all and is not qualified to be taking a look at you at all!

Just call the clinics and request the names hun, we'll do all we can to help you too. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by elle83 18th May 2011, 2:46 pm

As usual fantastic advice cookie!!! I think I was just getting swapped down by the heaps of info and not really concentrating on the important bit- WHO is doing the surgery!!
You are right about the £100, its nothing on the grand scale of things!

You always make everything clearer!! xxxxxxx thank you
elle83
elle83
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down