Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nipple size difference!

+2
butterfly7713
queenie
6 posters

Go down

nipple size difference! Empty nipple size difference!

Post by queenie 24th April 2011, 9:52 pm

I had a re aug & uplift in dec 10 ( 4 months ago) so have given enough time for swelling to go down. At the time, my ps said he couldn't guarantee perfect symmetry as he was having to replace old implants and wouldn't know what he was dealing with until I was under GA. I'm pleased to report he has managed to get the nipples symmetrical, however..... I keep looking at the nipples and was brave enough to finally measure the diameter this morning. My righty is a whole centimetre wider than the leftie & to me that seems quite extreme as it is really noticeable. When I last went for my check I did mention it but was told there was still alot of swelling & to give it time. Also, under the right nipple incision there is some of the old areola but there isn't on the left one if that makes sense. I am going to try & upload some pics but I did try a few weeks ago on picturetrail & couldn't do it! I'm feeling really dissapointed with the whole result as I went in requesting 410s & he told me that would be way too big & recommended 340s which I agreed to, but they don't look any bigger than before & all my old bras still fit me. Do you think I have reasonable grounds to complain?
queenie x
queenie
queenie
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

nipple size difference! Empty Re: nipple size difference!

Post by butterfly7713 25th April 2011, 12:00 pm

Hi Queenie, You have every right to voice your concerns/dissappointment if your not happy hun. Unfortunately how they deal with it is another story!. I would definately let him know about the probs you have described above and see what he says. A whole cm difference is quite alot in size but I have heard with uplifts/nipple lifts that the areola can stretch as it's healing so even though he may have cut it the same size at the time of surgery it could have happened after but I may be wrong hun.

I had an uplift with 390 unders 10 weeks ago and I had to wait for my areola's to even out in size/shape. They still arn't perfectly matching but I don't think they ever can be.

I hope you get some satisfactory answers from your surgeon hun xx

Last edited by butterfly7713 on 25th April 2011, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 25th April 2011, 12:16 pm

I posted about this as well sweety xx I don't think they can ever get them perfect in size as sometimes the nipples don't react the same as each other PO xx In saying that a cm is a massive difference and I think you definitely have grounds for requesting an areola adjustment xx

I am still not passing judgement on mine yet as am still only 4 weeks PO xx I can't bring myself to take any pictures and upload them either hun so know just how you feel xx

Definitely go back and tell your PS that you are worried and unhappy though xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by shellymae 25th April 2011, 4:22 pm

I have the same problem, and I thought for the longest time I would have to live with it and was really upset..but the PS told me it's because the scarring on one is more red so it makes it appear like it's quite a bit bigger, do you think that maybe that could be what is happening to you? I know eventually it will go away :)
shellymae
shellymae
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th April 2011, 7:07 pm

I really don't think at this stage in your recovery from an uplift you can tell what results you're going to result in sweetness, so I'd listen to your surgeon and give your boobs a little more time, you'll be surprised with an uplift how many more changes you still have ahead of you hunni.

I presume you'll be seeing your surgeon again at 6 months post-op? If you're still unhappy then, then you should of course voice your concerns and ENSURE that what you say is written in the notes - Remember, IF there is need for revision at a later date, it's what is written in these notes that will be used for reference, not what you say on the phone IF you need to complain. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by queenie 25th April 2011, 9:10 pm

Thanks for all your replies. I think cookie is right & I will allow more time to let my body settle. I'll keep u posted! Xxx
queenie
queenie
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by queenie 25th April 2011, 9:12 pm

Shelleymae, how long ago did u have your surgery hon?
queenie
queenie
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th April 2011, 10:02 pm

One suggestion for you Queenie, IF by your 6 month post-op check there is 'still' a visible difference in nipple size, take pics with you to your consultation. Be sure you have copies, just incase your surgeon requests the pics you have.

What I did was took pics with a ruler showing the measurement so it
could not possibly be refuted and upheld my statement proving that what I
was saying was indeed truth and there was no room to contest what I had said on both the telephone or during consultations.

This may all sound drastic, but when it comes to taking advantage of the aftercare you payed for, believe me babe, sometimes it's a hard fight to get it!, not for all, but being well prepared would possibly save possible arguement to get what is rightfully yours should you have need to make use of it. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by shellymae 25th April 2011, 10:07 pm

my surgery was 3 1/2 months ago, and the improvement has been very little at this point..I have a friend who had surgery 2 years ago and she thought the scar would never go away and now you cant even see it anymore..so I'm sure with time it will improve :)
shellymae
shellymae
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by tekarma 28th April 2011, 9:54 am

Hi hun, I'm 17 days post op & had a lollipop lift with implants. I thought id had an anchor lift until i had my dressings off on tuesday but have found ive got no scar under my boobs ;-)

My left nipple is small & almost perfectly round & my right is larger & oval and you can see the difference instantly.

I'm hoping as its early days that they will even out a bit as my left breast is still quite swollen (i had breast tissue removed from that side to even out asymetry) so am hoping its due to that so totaly understand how your feeling.

x tek x
tekarma
tekarma
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down