Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still have some open patches of incisions 4 wks PO

5 posters

Go down

Still have some open patches of incisions 4 wks PO Empty Still have some open patches of incisions 4 wks PO

Post by Malibu 14th April 2011, 8:32 pm

I'm almost 4 weeks post Op and I still have a tiny bit of my incision that won't scab over completely.
At my one week check up the nurse removed the last of the dissolvable stitch knots and this left some tiny little bits that would spot blood onto my bra. The nurse said that these were nothing to worry about and would close up just fine.
There was one little patch at the top of my nipple that she put a steri strip on to help close up (which it did) and said the rest is fine to leave.
She gave me some steri strips to take home with me just in case it fell off.
As soon as I got home I looked at my bra and saw a few spots of blood around where my nipple is and the first thing I did was steri strip it all up.
I'm no nearly 4 weeks on and the patch that the nurse had covered has healed, as well as some other little patches were the knots were removed.
However, there was one patch where the bottom of my nipple and the line going down meets that I had covered with steri strip, when I removed it I must have pulled the strip up too fast and the scab came with it and now it's open again. It's very small just a little dot, but still spotted blood onto my bra. I've covered it back up but I'm worried about how long I can keep trying to get this to heal on my own. My clinic nurse is completely over booked I doubt she can fit me in to see me. Did anyone else have this problem?
Sorry this was a bit long!
Malibu
Malibu
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Still have some open patches of incisions 4 wks PO Empty Re: Still have some open patches of incisions 4 wks PO

Post by sarahdawn31 14th April 2011, 8:49 pm

I know that I did have a few little stubborn spots that took a while to heal, and some new spots that appeared to flare up later on, all of them were due to those silly dissolvable stitches not dissolving rights, thus irritating the area... for me evenually they all healed up fine.
I am sure yours should do the same, as long as they arent sore, red, inflammed and showing signs of an infection.
If you are worried, call the clinic anyway, you have rights to aftercare, and even if its nothing it may make you feel better to have them looked at.
xx
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Still have some open patches of incisions 4 wks PO Empty Re: Still have some open patches of incisions 4 wks PO

Post by COOKIE 15th April 2011, 8:13 am

Don't worry sweetie, you're fine... Just keep an eye on it, it becomes sore and inflamed, then contact your clinic, but if it's just the scab falling off, that's fine, mine took an age to fully close too.

I was instructed that after showering to use a hairdryer to fully dry my scars, then, get some air to my boobs, I know it may sound silly, but I'd lie on my bed with the window open letting the fresh air get to the scars, it really did make a MASSIVE difference to how quickly my scars started to heal after that.

Try doing that babe and I'm sure you're already aware, don't put any creams, lotions or oils near the scarring.

Let us know how you get on babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 15th April 2011, 4:01 pm

The same thing happened to me to Malibu, and I was told by my surgeon to get as much air to the wound as possible to help with the healing.

xxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 15th April 2011, 5:57 pm

I'm 4 weeks PO and have some open bits too hun xx Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu 16th April 2011, 12:03 pm

Oh good! Thanks girls, that's such a relief to hear! I will be airing out the bosoms today! haha Cheerleader
Malibu
Malibu
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down