Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you open about your BA?

+26
kelimarie
_Carrie_
cakey_baby
MarieMc85
dbs
sarahsbabies
Annie66
kay
lozzied
RoxyChick
MsTeews
angelkitten1
shandy58
gotsomeboobs
natalia
misf1
claire265
Jemmy
Nisey
hotcaz
Tonic28
amy8882
alisia09
orika
LJK
nads
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are you open about your BA? Empty Are you open about your BA?

Post by nads 2nd July 2009, 6:55 pm

If someone asks you or were to ask you if you have had a BA would you tell the truth or deny? Or have you done so already?

Im tempted to tell people sometimes when the subject comes up but bite my tongue because i worry how they'll react or i might regret telling them in the future. Apart from family and friends I've only told my beautician about it because she's like a second mum to me Heart really love her and can tell her anything, plus she doesnt know anyone i know :lol: She asked me for advice the last time i went there because apparently the junior girl wants a BA so i gave her the addy to BJSF of course!

Edited to add: If you're a pre opper, do you think you'll be open about it?

xx
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Are you open about your BA? Empty Re: Are you open about your BA?

Post by LJK 2nd July 2009, 7:00 pm

I think if i am asked, i will tell the truth. I've learnt that if people react badly to you, then they are not the type of people you want as friends anyway. So far, I have told my parents, OH parents, my sister, my sister in law and 3 people at work. I have felt it easier to tell people what i'm going to have done, than have them talking about it behind my back.
LJK
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 555

Back to top Go down

Post by orika 2nd July 2009, 7:09 pm

I'm really not sure!! I haven't told anyone except my boyf yet, not even my parents, eep. It's really not something I feel comfortable discussing with anyone else at this stage.

I think I might just treat it on a case by case basis, depending on who's asking.

I think I will probably feel more open about it after my op. But let's see...

- O x
orika
orika
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by alisia09 2nd July 2009, 7:19 pm

i've been open about mine - not really my choice though - i live in a small village and once one person knew everyone did.....i got mixed reactions. bad ones from people who know me properly or have a clue how i feel about myself.
everyone who knows what i feel and why i am having them done are pleased for me.xx
alisia09
alisia09
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by amy8882 2nd July 2009, 7:22 pm

If people ask I have told them, it is really obvious though. (I got it out in the open pre op)

I have been really honest and open, I have told all of my work colleagues and my family and friends. I have had no negative responses at all, most people have said they are really happy for me...don't know what they say behind my back but it doesn't bother me. :) I found people tend not to ask too much as its quite a sensitive subject, sometimes they look more embarrassed than I do lol.

I'm going back to work tomorrow and I am a little nervous but I think I would be worse if they didn't know.

xxxxxx
amy8882
amy8882
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonic28 2nd July 2009, 7:28 pm

I have told my mum, dad, sister and two close friends.

I went to see a friend last sunday (her bday) and she noticed straight away and asked me so I admitted it and she was lovely and envious as she too would love one.

Another friend of mine has once said 'you look busty in that dress' and another time 'u look like you've had a bj'. I just laughed off the comments and said they were good gel bras.........another two friends Ive seen this week haven't noticed or chosen politely not to comment lol. I would rather not people know.

xxxxxxx
Tonic28
Tonic28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 997

Back to top Go down

Post by hotcaz 2nd July 2009, 7:31 pm

i only told my close friends and family but if someone asked me of id had a ba i wouldnt deny it xx
hotcaz
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1848

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 2nd July 2009, 7:40 pm

I've already told quite a few people that I plan to have a BA. In general, I'm just not very good at keeping secrets about myself. I'm very open and honest and because I'm a bit insecure I have a tendancy to sometimes just ramble and talk too much, pour out my feelings and give people too much info sometimes!
On the whole I've had mostly positive reactions. I had a male friend who reacted badly, and I just told my dad today and he called me stupid several times but acknowledged there's nothing he can do to change my mind. Other than that, everyone's quite nice about it - I think they can see the benefits some extra confidence would bring to my life :-)
I'm not sure about what I'll say to generic people at uni and workmates, but I dont imagine I'll lie or try to hide it. I'm not ashamed that I'm doing it and if anyone has a problem, its exactly that - there problem, not yours. I say this now, but I dont really know how much it'll upset me at the time. Hopefully my new boobies will give me so much confidence I wont care!
xx
Nisey
Banned

Number of posts : 2126

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 2nd July 2009, 7:43 pm

Nisey wrote:I'm very open and honest and because I'm a bit insecure I have a tendancy to sometimes just ramble and talk too much, pour out my feelings and give people too much info sometimes!
That could be me you're talking about!! :lol: I hate when i do it and cant stop!!
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 2nd July 2009, 8:25 pm

I can't keep it secret. Told mum, dad, oh, work colleagues, college mates.

There's no point in hiding it as people are going to notice. There are a few people who I won't tell till after the op though.
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by claire265 2nd July 2009, 8:30 pm

I've been quite open since my ba - didn't tell many people pre op as I was frightened they might try to talk me out of it lol! If someone asks me I would tell them - I'm not embarrased about it in any way but I haven't gone round telling everyone!
claire265
claire265
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 2nd July 2009, 8:37 pm

I told everyone I know and I have had only one bad reaction, well more some irritating idiot who thought it would be funny to ask me if I'd had it done yet, while later trying to grope them. Needles to say, he was warned next time he spoke to me he would be picking his teeth up. He left not long after that.
Everyone has been really nice to me, some will ask questions as they would consider it and some tell me they're happy with what they've got, I dunno if that's a jab at me for doing it, but I don't take it like that. I wish I could have been confident with what I had. Well, I am now.
I am very proud of what I've had done and see no shame in it. I've done it for me and not for attention.
I haven't had a reaction from a stranger yet, but I haven't really shown them off. I'm sure if someone takes offence I would be a little taken back. But I don't care what anyone else thinks, my friends support me and I'm happy.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 2nd July 2009, 9:04 pm

yes i tell everyone im not ashamed of it im very proud to have some boobs for the first time in my life
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by gotsomeboobs 2nd July 2009, 9:44 pm

Everybody knows about my BA, because I have such a small chest now its going to be so obvious after!!! To be honest I have had mixed reactions but at the end of the day I am doing something thats going to make me happy, those who choose to support me, fab but those who reacted badly tough!!!! lol
gotsomeboobs
gotsomeboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1331

Back to top Go down

Post by shandy58 2nd July 2009, 9:48 pm

I keep it secret also.... havn't told anyone at all...not best friends as they are the type to judge..sister would go mad and give me a lecture...workmates havn't worked there long enough really to know them.....though they have made the odd remarks about how buxom....big..large I'm looking and I have to admit I lied...told them it was the new padded bras I had bought..(.but it's obvious that I have had one as gone really huge..especially lately) think they are planning to get me drunk on our staff do out next week.....
so no won't and not planning to be open about having both the BA or the lipo..( secretly also had a tummy tuck...8 years ago and no-one knows about that...well only you guys out there)..
shandy58
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 2nd July 2009, 9:56 pm

well with my first b/a i told just my family but the word got out....through my sisters and now everyone knows.
i used to feel a bit embarrassed and self concious but now i don't care.
i am finally happy that i have boobs and they fit the rest of my body so i don't care now.
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 2nd July 2009, 10:28 pm

If someone asked me I'd tell them, but havent really gone around advertising it. Its nothing im ashamed of so wouldnt bother me saying I've had them done.
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 731

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 2nd July 2009, 10:31 pm

I tried to hide it at first... but everyone noticed and loads of friends asked, at first I denied it, but then I just told them. Most have been nice about it (to my face anyway!) and I couldn't care less if they don't, it's my choice.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzied 3rd July 2009, 12:29 pm

.x. i havn't tried to hide it at all, all my friends knew i was having it done and didnt have any bad reactions really, everyone was quite supportive. since ive had it done ive not tried to hide it at all although i don't particularly want people at my new job to know because the vast majority are guys and i dont know them that well having only been here a few days. i think il probably try and not tell anyone but if someone asks me directly not much point in lying so i probably would be truthful about it. not sure if any of them have already guessed cos there is this one guy inparticualr who just blatantly talks to my chest and doesnt even attempt to be subtle about it... Flash
lozzied
lozzied
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 3rd July 2009, 12:35 pm

I wouldn't tell anyone just yet, maybe in the future, but at the moment I would probably deny it. Not because I'm ashamed or anything, I'm just not that open about things like that with people. Plus I work in a very male dominated environment and would never hear the end of it!! :lol:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 3rd July 2009, 1:21 pm

I keep it to myself too - my workplace is very male dominated but not in a macho way - most of the men have got dried egg on their ties and glasses held together with sellotape - so I'm guessing they're not really the types who are interested in a little chat about cosmetic surgery!

I had a small implant anyway so in my work clothes I look pretty much the same as I did in my gel bras ... it's never come up as a topic of conversation ...
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 3rd July 2009, 1:27 pm

At my work that's all they ever talk about.......boobs and football oh and sometimes, when they are feeling particularly daring they discuss cars and motorbikes.......

Rolling Eyes
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 3rd July 2009, 2:27 pm

I've told parents, siblings and their partners, and the friends that I've seen, I'm not hiding it at all. I haven't told judgemental people, the type of person who would always say something snide because they would love to have a BA themselves.
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 3rd July 2009, 2:54 pm

I tested a few people by asking them their thoughts or just telling them I was going for consults/thinking about it. I havnt mentioned it since, either because I know everything makes them jealous, or because I know they are not very well off and might think It was a stupid thing for me to spend my money on, other issues like putting my kids first might come into it.

Basically Iv told the people I trust and noone else.
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1142

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 3rd July 2009, 4:41 pm

I haven't broadcasted the fact to everyone, but if someone came out and asked me, I would tell them, I'm not ashamed of it.

I've told my mum (not my dad!!!), my sister, my boyfriend, 3 close work colleagues and most of my friends.

I also work with lots of men and wouldn't want them talking about it and ogling me!

Although, my colleague who knows I had them done told me that a group of blokes were talking about my boobs at work. One of them said "Have you noticed Marie's boobs? They look really big" and another one piped up "yeah she must be wearing a push up bra or something"!!!!! Most expensive push up bra I've ever had!!!

I think it's private and I don't like everybody knowing my business if I can help it!

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next