Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A question for the gym girls!

+3
shellymae
jay1983
Jene
7 posters

Go down

A question for the gym girls! Empty A question for the gym girls!

Post by Jene 13th April 2011, 9:57 pm

Ok so I have finally started to really get back into my heavy weight training and had my first heavy weight chest session 2 days ago. I have had sharp pains and I have been very tight in the chest ever since. I had p/unders about 6 months ago. I have been doing light weight with no problem, Does/has anyone trained heavy chest after BA or have you stayed away from chest all together?
Jene
Jene
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

A question for the gym girls! Empty Re: A question for the gym girls!

Post by jay1983 13th April 2011, 10:09 pm

What do you class as heavy hon? Maybe build yourself up. I know that they don't recommend heavy weights if you have unders as it can move/distort the implant. I don't lift as heavy as before the op. I lift about 13k on my chest. However, never had any major pains...just not been able to build up as strong. On my re-op the implants are being moved over the muscle. x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by Jene 13th April 2011, 10:58 pm

Started db incline chest press 2 warm up sets 4 working sets.
9kg x 15reps (warm up sets)
12.5kg x12 reps
15kg x 12 reps
15kg x 10 reps
17.5kg x 8reps
Drop set 10kg x 8 reps

Super set with
10kg plate either side x12 reps (hammer strength)
20kg on machine x12 reps (pec dec)
10kg plate either side x10 reps (hammer strength)
20kg on machine x10 reps (pec dec)
10kg plate either side x8 reps (hammer strength)
20kg on machine x8 reps (pec dec)

I’m more worried about double bubble as I had to have my crease lowered and the implant is only covered by skin at the bottom of the breast then slightly up the muscle starts to cover.
Jene
Jene
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by shellymae 14th April 2011, 12:46 am

well that's rather dissapointing to hear, since my surgeon told me I could resume heavy chest no diff than before and I used to do 41kg bench press. I am however 3 months post op and tried doing 20kg and it was pulling my muscle, so I think i might wait awhile longer :(
shellymae
shellymae
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by Jene 14th April 2011, 1:09 am

The more I think about it the more I think it’s not worth risking double bubble or bottoming out. As you train chest and the muscle gets tighter it will compress the implant more so it’s really not worth the risk plus now you don’t really see the pectoral muscle on a female so might as well concentrate on back and shoulders.
Jene
Jene
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 14th April 2011, 5:53 am

I have been back into my training seriously for the last 2 months, and I am lifting quite heavy on everything... Except... I am not doing chest at all! I dont know if i could or not, I have just been afraid to because when I use that muscle I feel it put pressure on the implant ( I too had partial unders) so for fear of hurting my boobs I am currently avoiding chest. I may down the road do some chest, light... maybe cable crossovers to just give some definition.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by hollyolivarria 14th April 2011, 3:05 pm

I have a friend who is 6months post op and she lifts all the time. She is a figure model and she said she had no problem. But I dont know, everyone is realyl different. Im preba but once I get them Im not looking forward to the healing process cause I love working out and lifting.
hollyolivarria
hollyolivarria
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Jene 14th April 2011, 9:45 pm

hollyolivarria wrote:I have a friend who is 6months post op and she lifts all the time. She is a figure model and she said she had no problem. But I dont know, everyone is realyl different. Im preba but once I get them Im not looking forward to the healing process cause I love working out and lifting.

Normally Figure girls have over’s or they completely stay away from chest. Apart from doing damage unders look terrible on stage.
I think the hardest bit about the healing process is completely having to change my training and having to pretty much start again once I was cleared to be able to get back into the gym. But its all worth it in the end dance
Jene
Jene
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jene 14th April 2011, 9:50 pm

sarahdawn31 wrote:I have been back into my training seriously for the last 2 months, and I am lifting quite heavy on everything... Except... I am not doing chest at all! I dont know if i could or not, I have just been afraid to because when I use that muscle I feel it put pressure on the implant ( I too had partial unders) so for fear of hurting my boobs I am currently avoiding chest. I may down the road do some chest, light... maybe cable crossovers to just give some definition.
I think ill totally stay away from chest for now and concentrate on shoulders, back and rear delts. That’s a good idea I might do some light cable work in a few months. How’s your training going are you back to what you were pre op?
Jene
Jene
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hollyolivarria 14th April 2011, 11:06 pm

Oh i didnt know that but it makes sense,Im not sure if she went over or unders. All I know if that she is pretty big now haha
hollyolivarria
hollyolivarria
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by shanny60 15th April 2011, 1:18 am

Hiya girls just want to know where is it best to starting training after ur BA? I was told 6 weeks x
shanny60
shanny60
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by shellymae 15th April 2011, 2:05 am

for me I started light training and legs around 3-4 weeks, and was progressively doing more..you just have to listen to your body, if it doesn't feel right don't do it..but you should be able to work out your legs no problem...oh and from what my surgeon told me absolutly no exercise for the first two weeks cause it raises your blood pressure :)
shellymae
shellymae
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by Jene 15th April 2011, 2:45 am

I was told NO training at all for 6 weeks then slowly get back into it. I was allowed light walking but that was it. Speak to your PS and listen to your body.
Jene
Jene
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 15th April 2011, 5:39 am

Jene wrote:
sarahdawn31 wrote:I have been back into my training seriously for the last 2 months, and I am lifting quite heavy on everything... Except... I am not doing chest at all! I dont know if i could or not, I have just been afraid to because when I use that muscle I feel it put pressure on the implant ( I too had partial unders) so for fear of hurting my boobs I am currently avoiding chest. I may down the road do some chest, light... maybe cable crossovers to just give some definition.
I think ill totally stay away from chest for now and concentrate on shoulders, back and rear delts. That’s a good idea I might do some light cable work in a few months. How’s your training going are you back to what you were pre op?

I am going really good right now, back to wear I was pre op and probably lifting more just in the last couple weeks. I have been on my diet strict for the last 4 weeks and I am happy with my wieght and size at the moment. I am going to stay eating clean until Easter when I will have a BIG chocolate filled cheat day then I plan to just maintenance my weight and focus going heavier and putting on more muscle mass.
It feels really good to be back into it, however its been a hard process because my OH hates the gym, hates the food I eat, and doesnt particularly like muscles on females, but I love it, so I power on!
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by sherri9871 15th April 2011, 7:19 pm

This is my 2nd op and after my first op i trained my chest (went heavy) and had muscle distortion. After my 2nd op my new surgeon said that i shouldnt have worked my chest after the first op due to having unders. she said i shouldnt do chest again so i have worked my routines around this.
I miss doing press ups and bench pressing but have now realised its not worth it.
Take care ladies x
sherri9871
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down