Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Absolutely fuming with Mybreast

+5
carolyn77
hazleyez2201
abbie
butterfly2
Soutty123
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Absolutely fuming with Mybreast Empty Absolutely fuming with Mybreast

Post by Soutty123 1st March 2011, 4:34 pm

Hi

Some of you may recall that I had a BA and uplifit with Mybreast on 14th Jan. Just 9 days after my op I was concerned about the appearance and feel of my right breast.

On 19th February my consultant told me I would need a reop as my implant was in the wrong place. This was not migration as my implants are over rather than under the muscle. He told me I could have the op any time within 14 days (it being a day case op) although the recovery would be longer if I chose to have the op that soon.

I said I wanted to have the op in the Easter holidays. He said that would be fine. I asked for confirmation that I would not have to pay for the op. He confirmed that I would not have to pay.

He said the girl who had been dealing with me throughout would call on the following Monday to arrange a date for the op. I didn't get a call throughout the week but was not particularly concerned as I had no reason to doubt what my surgeon had told me.

Today I phoned Mybreast and was given pretty short shrift. I was told that my surgeon doesn't know what he's talking about. Apparently my file is with the GMC and they will decide whether i get my reop or not and when. This was not explained to me properly. I was also told I have to go and get photos taken on 19th March. That's the only date and I have to be there whether it's convenient or not.

To say that I'm disgusted is an understatement. I understand that no one's infallible and that mistakes happen - I wasn't overjoyed that I was one of the unlucky ones but I was prepared to accept it so long as I thought it would be sorted out at their expense. Now I'm totally stressed out. I have a lot going on in my personal life at the moment (it's just been suggested in the last couple of weeks that my 3 year old son may have autism and is going to need to go through the process of being assessed etc) and I need this like a hole in the head.

Sorry girls, just needed to sound off really. Don't mean to panic anyone about to have an op with Mybreast - hopefully my experience is just a one off - although I would say that there definitely seems to be a problem with the left hand knowing what the right one is doing.

I should also add that I've had appointments cancelled and re-scheduled, been made to see a different PS somewhere else in Kent very early in the morning and so on and so forth.

Before I handed over my money they couldn't have been more helpful. Now the girls sound like they couldn't care less. Funny that...
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Absolutely fuming with Mybreast Empty Re: Absolutely fuming with Mybreast

Post by butterfly2 1st March 2011, 4:41 pm

OMG I feel so upset for you what a terrible situation to be put in. Surly you are covered in there aftercare package. I do hope this all gets sorted out for you asap and in there expense and not yours.
Bestt of luck keep us posted
butterfly2
butterfly2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 881

http://I'll do an instruction or find one if I can.  As for writ

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 1st March 2011, 4:52 pm

your surgeon has given you wrong information. Its not his decision, its mybreast councils decision whether you need a re-op, and your PC is right, youll need to go back for another appointment to discuss it with the surgeon where he will take photographs, and send them to the council to decide, although generally if the surgeon agrees you need a re-op, then it wont be a problem. it CAN be a lengthy process though, and you might find that you have to do some of the chasing up yourself if they dont call you back immediately. I found them to be not too bad for this, although i expected that they wouldnt be chasing me up particularly enthusiastically since it was a re-op, so if they didnt call when they said they would, i just called them and pretended that i wondered if maybe id missed a call from them etc, so i didnt sound too pushy ;)

It all sounds quite normal to me, and if you think thats bad, you should read about some of the troubles other girls have had trying to get a re-op with other companies, and its like getting blood out of a stone. Really, they might be not offering you perfectly convenient appointments, but it doesnt sound like theyre putting too many obstacles in your way to get a re-op. Its just annoying because your surgeon told you the wrong info so you thought it would be smoother than it is.
Im sorry to hear about the other issues going on. I can relate to that too. Both of my boys are on the spectrum, so i know how difficult a time this is for you xx
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 1st March 2011, 5:02 pm

Well this is the thing I assumed I was but the girl I have been dealing with throughout was really shady and kept saying things like "It might be all right" "Your file is with the GMC" - she just did everything to get me off the phone and was in full nasal "is that all right?" mode despite me saying "no it's not all right" and trying to get some kind of explanation from her.

I have checked and what has happened to me is not a "risk" and certainly wasn't explained to me as such beforehand. It's not a complication. Their terms and conditions refer to complications and I'm guessing as what has happened to me is not, strictly speaking, a complication, it's not that simple.

I'm guessing (though can't be sure) that the involvement of the GMC is an indication that this is to do with negligence. My PS is highly experienced and should be more than capable of an op like mine but I guess mistakes happen to the best of us.

All I care about is that the mistake is put right, put right quickly and not at my expense.

I have to say that I like my PS, he pretty much held his hands up and I was happy with the way that he was going to put things right.

I hope this is just a problem with the admin staff and that it will all be smoothed over quickly. I have to say that its already left me with a very poor lasting impression of the company. It sounds as though if one of their surgeons is negligent then they try everything they can to wriggle out of sorting it out.

I guess this could pan out with me having to sue for negligence but don't know. I did threaten to sue on the phone and she wasn't at all phased so it may be that they force me to go down this route. All very depressing and not what I expected.
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 1st March 2011, 5:10 pm

Just read your post Abbie. You've explained it better than Mybreast have. One of the reasons I chose Mybreast was because they supposedly had good aftercare. I don't think this is good aftercare. I also think that their surgeons ought to know what their procedures are (a) and that I should have got a call from someone who did know what their procedures are (b). If photos had to be taken why the chuff couldn't they have been taken on 19th February?

I'm a lawyer so I'm probably a bit more pushy than most (if we deliver an inferior service people either don't pay us or they sue us) but just because a lot of people have had terrible experiences that doesn't make me any more prepared to accept a bad service myself.

Thanks for explaining anyway x
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 1st March 2011, 5:17 pm

it wont be at your expense. I wouldnt be too hostile down the phone though till youve got what you want, otherwise its not going to be pleasant for anyone and youre going to stress yourself unnecessarily.

I dont know if ive missed something, but it sounds to me like theyve said theyll sort it out, and theyve offered you appointments to rectify it and are going through all the normal procedures, so im not sure what bit is negligent?
The only thing I think you might have grounds for complaint is the fact the surgeon said it could be done in a fortnight, which i dont think ive EVER heard of happening with a re-op. He got your hopes up unnecessarily, and its annoying, but i dont think there is any negligence involved.
If you want to make a complaint, my advice is to just go with the flow. Attend your appointments and get your re-op, then write a letter afterwards.
It sounds like youve got a lot on your plate, and youre taking out your frustration here, when really its probably just the straw that broke the camels back, but going in all guns blazing before youve got what you want, isnt going to do you any favours. It doesnt need to be like that. They are trying to sort it for you, but there ARE procedures, and red tape to go through first.

abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 1st March 2011, 5:27 pm

and they Do have good aftercare. Try reading some girls experiences with trying to get a re-op with transform as an example, where they say theyve got a certain amount of aftercare, but when it comes down to it, they pretty much refuse to do re-ops point blank.
Mybreast are actually really good in this respect, and while they wont chase you to give you a re-op, they dont really put obstacles in your way either.
Ive recently been through the whole process youre going through, with the main difference being my surgeon explained the procedure properly, and I found it fairly stress free.
I think it all comes down to how you approach it. I always try and be assertive and straightforward, but never hostile or aggressive, because i always think that would make them less likely to want to help you in the long run
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 1st March 2011, 5:40 pm

Hi

I didn't want the op in a couple of weeks I wanted it in April and yes I am hacked off that I was told this wouldn't be a problem.

The girl I spoke to did not explain it the way you have and she did not say that I would not have to pay. She didn't explain anything, she just talked over me and tried to get me off the phone.

I assumed (since it wasn't explained) that the GMC was involved because my boob job had been performed incorrectly. My PS more or less admitted this anyway. I don't have an issue with the fact that I've had a botched job particularly but I don't think it's much to ask for it to be sorted out quickly and not at my expense.

I know some firms don't have much/any aftercare but that is usually reflected in the price and you know where you stand beforehand. You've obviously had a good experience with Mybreast. So far I haven't I'm sorry to say.
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hazleyez2201 1st March 2011, 7:01 pm

Sorry that you are having to deal with this. I have an autistic son and it can be stressful. If you ever need anyone to talk to about autism, I will be here.. i hope everything works out for you.
hazleyez2201
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by carolyn77 1st March 2011, 7:21 pm

Hi soutty,

so sorry to hear the bad news about your boobs. it sounds from here that you are holding it all together quite well but i'm guessing you have to when you have other serious issues to deal with.

I am booked with mybreast at Fawkham manor for 15th march and specifically asked the girl i've been dealing with about getting a re-op for "cosmetic" reasons rather than what they call "complications". She said that any possible re-op cases for cosmetic reasons are put before the mybreast council (4 founding surgeons) who then take everything about the case into consideraton and decide the way forward. She did say they are very fair in her experience. Are you sure your case is going to the GMC as opposed to the MyBreast council?

I totally agree with Abbie in that there are procedures mybreast have to follow which are out of our control. Just do everything they want you to do and like Abbie said, be polite about it and things may get done that bit quicker if you get everyone on your side.

Not sure if i'm allowed to ask, but where did you get your op done?

good luck and keep us posted. Good luck with your son too. I have an autistic nephew who had to go through all the assessments to get into a special school. Tough but well worth all the effort since he's very happy where he is now. xx
carolyn77
carolyn77
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 1st March 2011, 7:33 pm

Thank you very much for all your replies. I am stressed and annoyed and that is probably coming across and isn't hugely helpful.

I just wish someone had told me what the situation is at the outset.

The girl I spoke to on the phone said the GMC, hence me wondering about all sorts of things as they are the regulating body aren't they who decide whether surgeons get struck off amongst other things. From what you and Abbie have said it's Mybreast's council that she meant. She really wasn't very clear at all about anything tbh.

I did read their bumf again today and saw that "complications" covers haematoma and capiscular contraction. Those were the complications that I was warned about beforehand. All the other stuff that can go wrong was a complete mystery to me until after my op when I found this forum after being concerned about my right boob.

I do question whether it's purely cosmetic as it's uncomfortable all the time and painful to the point that I have to sleep in a sports bra still and wake up when i turn over onto that side.

We live and learn I guess - I naively didn't expect any of this.

Thanks so much too for the support about my son - it came as a big shock as I just thought he had speech delay and it wasn't until the speech therapist flagged it up and said I should get him assessed that the possibilty even crossed my mind. Had I known what was coming I wouldn't have had the op and feel quite guilty about all the time it's taken up already.

Will keep you posted girls and in the meantime will try not to lose my temper with Mybreast as it will probably only get me pushed right to the bottom of the queue. It may be too late though as I did sound off earlier and have also sent an email complaining. Oh well, what's done's done.

xx
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carolyn77 1st March 2011, 7:43 pm

Hi again,

If you are in pain, then to me it is a complication - no one would have a boob job if they were going to be in constant pain. we all understand the pain and discomfort that we will suffer straight after the op and until everything is healed.

I really hope they sort it all out and if it has gone to the GMC then i hope this will speed things up for you. If you are worried about the email you sent, you could always send another explaining why you are so angry and that you hope the girl you are dealing with doesn't take it personally (if this is how you feel!).

I really hope you didn't have the same surgeon as i'm booked in with. Was it just a straight forward BA you had?xx
carolyn77
carolyn77
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kaboobie 1st March 2011, 7:52 pm

Sorry to hear about your new hun. Having spent alot of money and not being happy when you know you need a re-op is not very easy to deal with. I know they are saying they are doing their best, but unfortunately the only way I ever seem to get results to to search your legal rights and know what you need to say and be very stern when you speak with them. If they refuse your op, I would take them to small claims court specially since your PS flat out admitted youd need a re-op. You paid for an operation, its not that they sag after refusing an uplift, or unhappy about the size you chose, They placed it wrong and technically thats services not rendered. You dont do pay for a brand new corvet and pick up a used 10 yr old one and just deal with it. I know they have their processes, which they have to to protect themselves, but you need to do for you, and let themknow you mean business. Im sure if you explained their future clients being advised the kind of service your getting after the fact would probably turn their business elsewhere theyd consider speeding up the process. (sorry girls, im business type and i dont put up with any bs, so my pateince with things like this is short)
As for your son, there is many different stages of autism and they have great support groups now days... im sure you will be great with dealing with everything, just takes time to get used to. I used to care for autistic children when i was going through high school and my cusin's little boy has it as well. Not sure what governement programs you guys have there, but here there are many support groups you can take him to that will help you both, and financial aid as well for special requirement costs to be covered if need be.
Let us know how you make out with both scenarios.
Keep your head up hunnie, god have you one of his special gifts (your son), be honered he knew you had a heart of gold, only special people could deal with these types of things. xoxoxoxox
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 1st March 2011, 9:21 pm

Thank you all again.

I didn't have a straightforward BA, I had an uplift with implants. However, the problem is that the implant in my right breast was placed incorrectly. My right breast is slightly smaller (half a cup size perhaps) and my PS noted this beforehand. It seems there is a problem with the size of the pocket he made on this side for some reason. I didn't even know about pockets before I came on this forum, I just assumed the PS just made an incision, wacked them in and bobs your uncle.

Kaboobie, I completely agree. I took all the advice I was given eg I was told I needed an uplift for best results so I had one. I was told I should go over the muscle to avoid double bubble so I agreed to that. I was told not to go too big so while I indicated a preference for my pre pregnancy size I left it to the surgeon's discretion. I am happy with my size. I am happy with my uplift. What I am unhappy about is the fact that one of my boobs is flat from the front and the side because it's under my armpit. I really don't think this is unreasonable of me and I'm pretty sure that most women, when they decide to have surgery to improve their boobs would expect to have a matching pair at the very least. Maybe this is "cosmetic" but duh, this is cosmetic surgery isn't it?

And yes, I am in pain as well and my right breast is as hard as a rock (well the implant under my arm is, the front of my breast - what there is of it - is soft because it's my actual breast.)

It's depressing to see that the industry seems to treat women who have cosmetic surgery with contempt. I expect they rely on the fact that it's embarrassing to kick up a stink - I don't know about a lot of you but I only told a select few people about my op.

Maybe if women made more of a fuss about being treated badly we might get a better service. It annoys me to have to pretend to be okay about something I'm angry about just so that some little hitler in the office doesn't push my file to the bottom of the queue.

If I hadn't had to pay up front I would be withholding some money until I got my re-op. I bet most people would do the same.

I want them to do what my surgeon promised which is to give me my re-op in April. It's only 1st March and they've been aware that there has been a problem for around a month, albeit that they couldn't fit me in to see my own surgeon until 19th February. If it really is the case that four people from My Breast need to rubber stamp this then there is no reason why it can't be done within that time frame.
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carolyn77 2nd March 2011, 12:12 pm

compeltely agree with you soutty. you are well within your rights not to be happy with the outcome and you have to do what is right for you.

keep strong and keep chasing them up so they know you mean business - I'm sure they cant put you to the botton on a queue just because you're on their case. you've spent a hell of a lot of money and if this was any other industry selling a product, you would get a refund or replacement much easier.

I'm guessing you have some sort of consumer rights in this situation, they cant expect to tell you when to come for a reop if its not convenient with you. They must understand you have other committments and cant drop everything just like that.

good luck and keep us posted.xxx
carolyn77
carolyn77
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kaboobie 5th March 2011, 6:17 am

You dont always have rights with cosmetic surgery, ex. unhappy with size, wish you had an uplift, asymetry when you had some before and chose not to get diff size implants to correct etc. but i completely and whole heartedly beleive if our PS told us certain results were attainable and they were not, and we need a second surgery to get to where we agreed upon the first time, that we should have minimal or 0 out of pocket cost to get to it.
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kaboobie 5th March 2011, 6:18 am

let me know how you make out hun xoxox
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 5th March 2011, 8:26 am

Soutty,
So sorry to read about this. I had my op with MyBreast and the admin were pretty disorganised it has to be said. But my surgeon told me that if I had any problems I could always contact him personally via his secretary at the hospital to discuss anything. Thankfully I never had to do that, but I'm wondering whether you might be able to speak to your surgeon directly to clarify what's going on?
Best of luck with it ...
A x

Last edited by Annie66 on 5th March 2011, 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 5th March 2011, 10:55 am

Hi Soutty xx

Sorry to hear about your BA troubles and about your son sweety xx

I couldn't agree more with you about getting what you pay for and for receiving good service etc xx

Having been through the complaint process though, allbeit with another company, I am inclined to agree with Abbie sweety xx there is a process that you have to go through with any company in relation to any product you purchase if you are not happy with the end product / service xx And it sounds like your company are doing it xx I know from experience that I did have to do a little bit more chasing up than first time round, especially after my PC left the company, however that is to be expected when the second time round they are not making any money out of you and they still have their new paying customers to deal with xx

However getting angry at the administrators and taking your frustrations out on them is not going to help anyone, after all it's not their fault either xx I have no doubt that you will get a reop and that you will get it done free, so try to be patient hun xx I expected a fight when I complained, but in the end it was all agreed with no hassle, much to my delight xx

I can't recall when you said you had your op done, but I always thought that you had to wait at least 6 months before they could operate again shrug perhaps I imagined that though xx

Good Luck with your case hun xx I'm sure that it will all work out fine xx Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 5th March 2011, 11:01 am

I just re read back and saw that you had your op in January xx

I'm sure one of the other girls might be able to advise on recommended time frames for further surgery? I don't mean to question your PS, although he has already advised you incorrectly once, it might be worth checking? Maybe with James? xx Just trying to prepare you hun in case you aren't able to have a reop in April even if / when it's agreed xx

Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 5th March 2011, 6:08 pm

Thanks for the replies girls. X

I would have thought that my surgeon would have known that as it should be within his area of expertise whereas admin procedures are to do with the admin department.

Also I saw another PS from Mybreast the week before I saw my PS and he also said I needed a re-op and that it would be all right to have it within a short time frame as it's simple day case surgery, literally a 20 minute job.

I haven't received a response to my email, just a form in the post to fill in agreeing to release my details to the medical council - I presume that's the council people on here were talking about and not the GMC as the girl told me on the phone. If it weren't for this forum I wouldn't have a clue what Mybreast's procedures are or what the hell is going on.

I'm not going to waste my breath arguing with them. In fact, I'm not even going to chase them up. I will go along on March 19th and have my photos taken and bring my email along to show to my PS and just quietly tell him that if I don't get my re-op within a reasonable time frame as he promised then I will get it done elsewhere and sue for the cost.
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkyboots33 6th March 2011, 1:03 pm

i really do hope it gets sorted for you sooner rather than later, i know only two well how stressful it can be, its just not on! i just wish they would treat us with a little more respect and keep us updated/involved on what is happening exactly....

im one of the ones from "transform" that has been trying to get a re-op for 6 months!....
kinkyboots33
kinkyboots33
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 6th March 2011, 5:43 pm

Poor you. What's your story?
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkyboots33 6th March 2011, 6:58 pm

i was told i was borderline for a lift by my ps, but iv had 4 kids and not exactly 18 anymore so i was happy with them being "filled" up a bit!.... he said i would still get a good result without a lift but my nipple position would still be lower than ideal, wasnt that fussed where my nipple was tbh so decided on a straight forward BA

from the min i woke in hospital i felt gutted, i thought is this it? they looked horrible....
at my 10 day check the nurse even said i would need a bigger implant or lift.... she then went on to say that i wasnt to worry and they would get sorted..

6 months on im still waiting for revision surgery! i have lots of excess skin, sagging and two different ps has confirmed double bubble.... these are the main issues ( i also have total numbness and mondors cord)

my last app with my ps was a couple of months ago and he stated that he thought they were looking better ha ha ha..... they are worse than what i had preop.. at least they were small and saggy now they are big, saggy, numb and very odd looking!

i hope you dont have to wait as long hun, really do!

im very close to washing my hand of them, i have made an official complaint and awaiting there response!
kinkyboots33
kinkyboots33
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by kaboobie 7th March 2011, 2:33 am

i go see my ps on wednesday about my results which im nothappy with. my ps is private, do you think itll be the same struggle that you guys are having for a re-op , harder, easier??? my ps made extra incisions in places i specifically didnt want them and discussed in my initial consult, and my implants are up high with my saggy boob under them making a long oval flat shape with no boob like figure.
thanks xoxox
hope you girls dont have to wait much longer
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next