Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

asymmetric breast surgery on the NHS

4 posters

Go down

asymmetric breast surgery on the NHS Empty asymmetric breast surgery on the NHS

Post by J 27th January 2011, 8:40 pm

Hi, I just joined the website yesterday after booking an appointment with my GP for today. After years of worrying about my breasts and feeling horrible about my body (my right breast is about 2 cup sizes bigger than my left) I finally got the courage to do something about it (or at least try to). I just got back from seeing my GP for the first time, she was really lovely and seemed to genuinely care about how it was affecting me, however although she did a breast exam with me lying down on the bed, she didn't have a proper look when I was standing up to fully appreciate how odd my body looks. She said there was a difference, but that 'it wasn't that noticable' - 2 cup sizes is pretty noticable if you ask me. She referred me to a counsellor but said she didn't think there was anything the NHS could do. After I persisted, explaining how badly it was affecting me she offered to look into it and phone me if she found anything. I'm not sure if she's going to do any research or ever get back to me but I hope so. If not I don't know what to do, should I go back and make an appointment with a different doctor and hope they're more sympathetic, or should I start arranging consultations with private surgeons and get out a big loan? I'm 19 and have suffered from asymmetric breasts since I was 13, and also have a twisted spine which means my right rib cage is higher and sticks out further than my left. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :) xx
J
J
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

asymmetric breast surgery on the NHS Empty Re: asymmetric breast surgery on the NHS

Post by mistyhoney 27th January 2011, 9:30 pm

Hi there! if you are not too bothered about waiting quite a while to have them done then i would persevere and even get a second opinion from another GP, if your not wanting to wait then i'd bite the bullet and pay for them. Its took me almost 4 years to get to the end and get my Yes although i did have 2 babies in between it all which slowed it down!
I'd say a 2 cup size difference is pretty big and you could well be in with a chance of getting it done on the NHS (mines was just down to very small ones!) so yeh i'd deffo try another GP and see what they say!
Fingers crossed for you,
Misty xxx
mistyhoney
mistyhoney
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 344

Back to top Go down

asymmetric breast surgery on the NHS Empty Re: asymmetric breast surgery on the NHS

Post by J 29th January 2011, 2:29 pm

Thanks :) I think I'll wait a week and see if she gets back to me and if not then book another appointment with a different GP, It's just so frustrating to have to go through this whole process knowing it might end up nowhere! xxx
J
J
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkyboots33 29th January 2011, 6:51 pm

really feel for you hun.....

iv had four kids so was literally left with skin, resembled deflated balloons.... i would not go on holiday, go swimming or even wear a simple vest top as if i bent over all you would see was wrinkled skin, sooooo gross!..... i lived in high neck tops and scarfs for yrs...

anyway, i eventually plucked yp the courage to see my gp, i must say, she was great! i then waited a yr for my referral to come through only to be told i dont fit the criteria?......

i was told you must be at least 2 cup size diff or have not developed at puberty.....

i think each area differs though as i know someone who has had it done just because they were small.... and someone in a similar situation to me!!! oh, she also had a TT...... AARRGGHHH then went on to have another baby!!!!!!!!!!!!...... AAARRGGHHH again......

i wish you all the best but if its at all possible and you really really hate them i would try and get a loan or start saving....

it amazing how much your old crap sells for on ebay....lol

all the best
xxx
kinkyboots33
kinkyboots33
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 29th January 2011, 9:13 pm

Hi

My PCT have stopped funding asymmetry surgery and so you need to make a Individual Funding Request, where a panel considers your case. I'm in the middle of doing this for having a size difference of at least 2 sizes.

I would find out whether or not your PCT funds it. I found this out by googling for their policies! If they do, it means the effort to get it on the NHS will be a lot quicker. Even if they don't, you still might get surgery, it will just take longer.

I would definately see another GP. You could try taking a photo of yourself and printing it off at home to take to them. Photos tend to show up asymmetry very well, in my opinion.

Hope you get a sympathetic GP next time x

bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down