Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, so how painful is it really???!!!

+5
Phoebe
abbie
ToriLoula
littlewisher
newboobs?
9 posters

Go down

Ok, so how painful is it really???!!! Empty Ok, so how painful is it really???!!!

Post by newboobs? 21st January 2011, 6:42 pm

Ok 1 month to go before my BA uplift.

All I want to know is what the pain REALLY feels like straight after the op and how long I should expect it for???

Also How long will I be swollen;/

Thankyou x
newboobs?
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Ok, so how painful is it really???!!! Empty Re: Ok, so how painful is it really???!!!

Post by littlewisher 21st January 2011, 6:48 pm

The pain reminded me exactly of how i feel a day or two after exersise, imagine doing lots and lots of press ups after not doing them for a while. Its more of an ache in your arms and when u lift them its very tender. Also the heavy feeling feels odd but not painful just so alien having something there that has never been there. (but your having an uplift so im guessin you have boobs before so might not be as bad)
As for pain arouns incisons ETC i felt nothing whilst healing,only tiny sting when i had stitches out, but most people have disolvables anyway.
The pain relief they give is very good but made me feel abit spaces out hehe xxxxxxx
littlewisher
littlewisher
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Ok, so how painful is it really???!!! Empty Re: Ok, so how painful is it really???!!!

Post by littlewisher 21st January 2011, 6:50 pm

oh and i stopped my painkillers day 3 as i didnt like the spaced out feelin from then on each day got better. Usually about 2 weeks before your back to work etc.
and i didnt have much swelling that was noticable xxx
littlewisher
littlewisher
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriLoula 21st January 2011, 7:07 pm

I didn't have an uplift but had quite large implants and I can honestly say I didn't feel any pain whatsoever!! I only took my pain killers 1 day and stopped as I just didn't think I needed them, I didn't!
Of course it feels a bit 'tight' but absolutely no pain for me. I can hardly believe it myself! I was back to my normal self on the same day as the op at night. It honestly didn't hurt at all.
Don't worry, they pump you full of GA and painkillers whilst still under and by the time they've worn off your body must be used to it? I don't know how it works but that's what I think, for me anyway.
Good luck, you won't need it luvly.
xxxxx
ToriLoula
ToriLoula
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 12th February 2011, 1:00 pm

ive had my BA and my uplift in two seperate operations.
The implants were unders and were fairly painful. I didnt need painkillers after day 2, but i was achey and weak on my top half, and spent quite a few days mainly in bed.

This time round ive just had an uplift and ive had hardly any pain at all. Im pretty much back to normal and its only been 2 days. I imagine if you have overs its probably much like that. So much easier without the muscle trauma.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 12th February 2011, 1:08 pm

I had overs and only took paracetamol for a day or to, I was uncomfortable more than in pain. I did nothing though for a whole week as I needed to go back to work and wanted to make sure I would be well enough. I was swollen for a while and bruished for about a month I think xx
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenbabes 12th February 2011, 1:18 pm

Hi Toriloula
you had 410cc implant what cup size did that give you, its the size I am thinking of having.

Newboobs don't worry about the pain, focus on the result, I know its easy for me to say as I havent had my BA done yet, but don't worry
Hug
Jenbabes
Jenbabes
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 200

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 13th February 2011, 5:11 am

I had an uplift and ba and I found the whole thing to be way LESS painful than I anticipated... I would say it was more uncomfortable than painful. I would say for me it was the implant and being unders and that I had big implants that caused the implants but I didnt feel any pain from the lift... I was off all pain killers by day 3 and was back to feeling great by 2 weeks post op.

Dont worry you will be fine, and any discomfort was totally worth it!!!!!
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 13th February 2011, 5:12 am

sarahdawn31 wrote:I had an uplift and ba and I found the whole thing to be way LESS painful than I anticipated... I would say it was more uncomfortable than painful. I would say for me it was the implant and being unders and that I had big implants that caused the implants but I didnt feel any pain from the lift... I was off all pain killers by day 3 and was back to feeling great by 2 weeks post op.

Dont worry you will be fine, and any discomfort was totally worth it!!!!!

That was ment to read "I had big implant that caused the **discomfort*** but..."

:doh:
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by kaboobie 14th February 2011, 7:57 pm

I had my donut lift and BA 4 days ago. I stopped taking my meds last night, i took half one before bed to make sure i was sore to sleep and havent taken any since. You are uncomfortable, but pain isnt really a factor anymore for me. The first night post BA i woke up at 5am in pain, my husband got me ice packs, put one under each arm (sides) and a small one between my boobs, took a pain pill they perscribed me and went back to bed all propped up and in half hour i was out and it was over lol. I iced to resolve pain with meds the first two days and stopped needing the ice the third night. Hopefully this helps, although many of us are different, heal different and have different tolerance for pain... dont worry, youll be fine oxoxox
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 14th February 2011, 9:59 pm

Hi hunnie, I think it all depends on your own pain threshold, the only time I took any painkillers was the night of the operation itself when I took a couple, more as a preventative measure than because I was in any pain. I felt sore and tight across the chest for a short while and to be honest, I was far more uncomfortable from having to sleep propped up on a stack of pillows.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down