Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How painful are unders?

+6
Kurukullachis
miss_vie
ajm81
Kxx
zoe1850
goldilockz1984
10 posters

Go down

How painful are unders? Empty How painful are unders?

Post by goldilockz1984 18th January 2013, 7:14 am

Hi everyone,

This is a question for those of you who have had unders. I keep hearing that they are a lot more painful than overs and recovery is a lot longer and more difficult. I was wondering what your experience has been. Personally, unders appeal to me so much more, as I know they are associated with lower rates of CC and my skin is quite thin and I don't have much breast tissue so I am concerned that overs would look unsightly or the implant would be visible. Unders have always appealed to me more but I am a major wuss and can't tolerate much pain! I would love to hear your views and experiences. Thank you all xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

How painful are unders? Empty Re: How painful are unders?

Post by zoe1850 18th January 2013, 8:06 am

Hi there! I'm 3 days post op and had unders...when I came out of surgery I had no pain at all and was feeling very lucky but then I realized it was because of the local annesthesy they put on my breast and as this started to disappear during the evening I started to feel pain. The nights are the worst bit as I'm having as well a terrible back pain and being unable to change position is killing me! I'm taking painkillers every 4h since I left hospital and keep the stronger ones for the nights...the mornings are quiet awful as well as I wake up totally sore...so yes, I must say for me unders ARE painful :) but I don't regret because as you said there's less risk of cc, give a more natural look etc so I'm sure I'll be happy as soon as the recovery is over x
zoe1850
zoe1850
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Kxx 18th January 2013, 8:22 am

I had unders babe :)
I didn't have any pain at all really I was just uncomfortable.
The worst part for me was that the sports bra I bought was too big round the back, I bought a 36 and I found out after I'm a 32 back :(
It rubbed me raw.
Got my re-op at the end of feb and I've got a shock absorber run which is low under my arms which is where my skin was raw so I think I'm gonna be a lot better :)
It's even in the right band size, yay me !! Lolol
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1198

Back to top Go down

Post by ajm81 18th January 2013, 8:46 am

Hi there I had unders 3 weeks ago and tbh haven't had any pain either, just a lot of swelling and a bit of discomfort but no pain, I struggled with things like using my gear stick in car, opening medicine bottles etc, but it wasn't near as bad as I though, I was terrified of having unders, maybe I was just lucky but i was pleasantly surprised x
ajm81
ajm81
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by miss_vie 18th January 2013, 9:05 am

I'm 7 days post op with unders, I haven't found them as painful as I thought, nuromol (nurefen and paracetamol in one) kept discomfort at bay but haven't needed pain relief since tues. When I woke up all I felt was such pressure on my chest. The most painful horrible part was a extremely tight binding I had to wear for two nights and days but once that was off have been fine. Seven days on I'm quite mobile and able to do stuff around the house (no heavy duty tasks tho!) My chest still has some pressure and my cleavage area is very tight but on the whole I feel normal :-) xx
miss_vie
miss_vie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 18th January 2013, 9:43 am

I had awful pain with unders but I don't know if that's because I had complications in surgery or because the implant was too wide or what.. Remember the larger the implant the further the muscle is pushed out.
I have a very high pain threshold (gave birth at 18 with no pain killers) but this was bad, although I do think its because of my complications.

For me it felt like I had someone sitting on my chest, I was also bandaged very very tightly to the point I couldn't breathe (that was to stop my hematoma).

Lots of women have no problems. The pain goes, so if you do experience it you can manage it with pain killers and it passes pretty quickly. You could have no pain at all. Try not to worry about something that may not even be.
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFebruary 18th January 2013, 10:08 am

Unders... Well I prepared myself for the worst... Imagined being unable to move for days on end.... I woke up in hospital feeling sandy after my op!
OBVIOUSLY I had lots of GA etc inside me. But I decided to let that wear off and not ask for any pain mess to see how much it actually hurt! (Call me weird lol) my op was at 8am. I was awake from. 10.20 am and didn't shave any mess all day. Got told by nurse to take them at 10pm to help me sleep. Now to the actual pain part...
It felt that I had been to the gym the day before and had worked really hard on my chest and abs. And arm movements had to be slow. But all very very manageable. No pain as such just more discomfort!
When I first went to the toilet in hospital I went to flush the chain and that hurt like hell But it was such an automatic movement that I did naturally without thinking haha! So that's an example of the pain! Imagine it hurting flushing the toilet, and the muscles used. That pain lasted for roughly two days. But wasn't a constant pain!!!! I could sit watching tv feeling normal, walking around was ok too. I only took pain meds at night and if I was going out shopping. Stopped taking paracetamol in day 4 totally! Driving at day 5.
I prepared for the worst pain ever but was shocked at how much it DIDN'T hurt lol. I'm now 4 weeks post op. I've been to the pub (6 days post op) I've been to a New Years party and even had a quick dance/foot shiffle! (10 days) I've retrained to work 2 weeks post op.
But that's just me, I may of had it really easy or have a high pain threshold. You may be different. Prepare for the worst and it can only be better :0)
xx
MissFebruary
MissFebruary
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 18th January 2013, 10:18 am

Unless a person has had 2 BA's, and overs for one, unders for another, it's hard to compare. I had unders both times, first time was fine, second time was a lot more painful and sore but I had extra little bits done rather than just a straightforward R&R.
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by MissAlexaEll 18th January 2013, 11:05 am

I wouldn't say i was necessarily in pain! The worst part for me was waking up & feeling like an elephant was sat on my chest but after some morphine & a good sleep when i woke up i did feel a lot better! I also had a tight strap on so this didn't help! Just make sure you drink loads of water as the GA & meds can make you VERY thirsty & you don't want to get dehydrated :/

I stopped taking my strong pain killers on day 3 as they were making me feel sick & dizzy and just took paracetamol for the first week & i felt completely fine, just a bit achy in the mornings x

Hope this helps hun x
MissAlexaEll
MissAlexaEll
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 18th January 2013, 2:00 pm

Ultimately your surgeon will be choosing your placement Hun depending on your body and existing boobs.
I had unders and it's more uncomftBle rather than painful, things like morning boob, and stooping back ache were just as uncomftBle and you get that with both placements.
I don't think you can predict how you cope with the pain, some sail through with overs or unders and some find it awful again with both placements. It just depends on how YOUR body copes . X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down