Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booking a surgeon a long way from home?

+3
alfie
carol_s
bigandsmall
7 posters

Go down

Booking a surgeon a long way from home? Empty Booking a surgeon a long way from home?

Post by bigandsmall 12th January 2011, 4:50 pm

Hi Girls
I need an uplift on one side, implants on both.

There's a surgeon in London I've heard good things about, but do you think that would be insane if I live in the north west? He does a lot of asymmetry work, which is why I'm thinking it would be worth travelling for.

Advice from post op girls especially appreciated.

bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Booking a surgeon a long way from home? Empty Re: Booking a surgeon a long way from home?

Post by carol_s 12th January 2011, 5:25 pm

You would not be able to drive on the day after the operation hunnie, but if your BF/OH or family member were to take you down and stay overnight you shouldn't have a problem. I had mine done at Dolan Park in Bromsgrove which is around 200 miles from where I live and THG provided a chauffeur driven car to get me there and back.
You might also be OK if you were to take the train down, but I wouldn't advise a coach trip as they are quite bumpy rides and you wouldn't want to joggle your new assets about that much just a day afterwards. However even with the train I would advise you not to travel unaccompanied just in case something were to go wrong and you were to need help.
Just my own personal take on it though.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Booking a surgeon a long way from home? Empty Re: Booking a surgeon a long way from home?

Post by alfie 12th January 2011, 6:07 pm

Carol has given you some good advice hun, but I would also think about your follow-up appointments, it's a long way to go for check-ups. xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 12th January 2011, 7:27 pm

For my first op I traveled from Newcastle to London - the clinic arranged a car. For my next op I will be traveling to Manchester. Its do-able as you're given meds. x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by 02050Mama 12th January 2011, 7:56 pm

BigandSmall (LOVE the username!) I travelled just over 1000 miles to have my BA-I live in the US, and although there were PLENTY of great doctors locally (I live in Massachusetts where med students travel all over US to come here to train-defintely most of the best doctors/surgeons in US of ALL kinds are in Mass.) :thumbs:
Anyway-I just couldn't pick a doctor based on visits/websites etc. My cousin had her BA done in Birmingham, Alabama, at this AMAZING clinic-and she had a similiar scenario as me (ie nursed babies, small saggy boobs, didn't "quite" need/want a lift) . Our PS praticed the "real deal" dual plane (he calls it bi-planar, but I noticed on Snakes Snippets her refering to it as "dual plane") approach-it gives appearance of lift.
So-back to the travelling-this place had all sorts of arrangements to help people travelling from outta state-but I made most on my own to save a buck :good: Dunno how far it is you need to go-but if you book in advance you can save A LOT-I booked round trip tickets, allowing 4 days (left 5am Thursday morning-flew back home 11am Sunday morning) .
This allowed for me to fly in, pick up car at airport, then drive to hotel, check-in, drop stuff off, have a bite to eat, then drive over to have my in-person consult with PS (we had done Skype and phone calls before hand) . My surgery was at 6am the next morning-I took a cab, and then paid a nursing service (like for seniors) $60 to sign me out and drive me back to hotel, and stay for a few hours. I had my daughter w/ me (who is 12 and old enough to "watch" me for the overnight), and was supposed to have SIL aka BFF come w/ but she cancelled last minute due to emergency surgery her 4yr old son had to have. She was supposed to drive rent a car to my surgery and wait for me then take me back. But-I made it work last minute with the help pf PS office-They were AWESOME! Dr Lurve thank you
The following day (Saturday) i drove myself back to PS for post-op check up, then back to hotel to rest and order room-service. The next day, packed up and drove to airport, flew home where hubby was eagerly awaiting-LOL- yahoo
The hotel I stayed in was a BEAUTIFUL hotel (the nicest I've EVER been in) for the same as a plain old boring one! I booked it as a deal with the flight and car-saved LOADS of $-It was well worth it for me-my PS is known nation-wide here in US, and has people travel there as I did on a daily basis-even the cab company, and nursing aka sitting service all do jobs with my PS for out-of-state patients.
So-I dunno the particulars of the PS you are thinking of and how familiar they are with travellers-BUT-If that is who you want to see, don't let a little distance stop you! Good Luck and keep us posted whatever you decide please :good: Give You XX
02050Mama
02050Mama
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixie 13th January 2011, 12:02 am

Good point you guys... I've been thinking about going a little way up north for mine. I also don't really have anyone I'd want to go with me, in that there are 2 people who know that I want to have the op - my boyfriend, who I'll admit I just don't like the idea of being there while I'm having my ugliness dealt with ^.^; and my best friend, who is lovely but very gay and probably doesn't want to think about my boobs XD also he insists I don't need it and I'm not sure how to argue that with a gay guy! - and I don't really want to tell anyone else until afterwards. When you make big decisions that are for 'cosmetic' reasons people always try to change your mind and talk you out of it, but new people don't seem to really care that much if they don't know you've made the change.

But I've sidetracked a little, lol. Would it be doable to stay at the hospital or a hotel for a few extra nights by yourself then go back on the train, maybe...?
Pixie
Pixie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 248

http://chouxlala.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 13th January 2011, 12:11 am

Staying an extra one or two nights in the hospital would add a considerable amount to the cost hunnie and as I know you will probably be on a tightish budget, you would have to carefully consider this.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixie 13th January 2011, 12:44 am

That's true, but in the end, once I have the funds to start saving for the op at all, I'll be able to pay for a hotel as well if I give it a little longer. Doesn't have to be the its either! ;D
Pixie
Pixie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 248

http://chouxlala.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 13th January 2011, 7:47 am

Where is rubicon based? Have you asked them to price up a car? x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 18th January 2011, 6:43 am

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I'm going to probably see a couple more local people, before I rush off to London. There must be someone round here who would be good for asymmetry!
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 18th January 2011, 9:52 am

I know I read on here months ago about a couple of ladies who had flights arranged by their cosmetic company - so you could try to get a flight to London from your local airport. If I remember correctly they went to Birmingham and were met at airport by a chauffeur from hospital, they had to get the hospital to write a letter saying they were fit to fly again the following day on a short internal flight.

I chose a local private hospital because I didn't want the hastle of travelling to London just a few days before Xmas and you also need to think about consultations and follow up appointments. xx
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 18th January 2011, 10:15 am

That would be The Hospital Group Jellytot1. My chauffeur (who took me from Torquay to Dolan Park) told me that they arranged the flights from Ireland to Birmingham Airport and he would then pick them up from there and drive them to Dolan Park
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 19th January 2011, 9:25 pm

Wow, The Hospital Group sounds really fancy!

I just had another local consultation this week so feeling better about not traipsing down to London. Hurrah!
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 19th January 2011, 9:36 pm

It sounds fancy hun - but it wasn't a Rolls-Royce with a chauffeur with a peaked cap LOL. Just an ordinary car, but at least the driver was very pleasant - chatty when I wanted to talk and quiet if I wanted a moment of contemplation.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down