Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booking with a private surgeon

+10
Becciann84
Ellie81
LJR
5stonedown
Charlii
Redtulip123
jodioc77
Specialkj
COOKIE
Gleaming
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Booking with a private surgeon Empty Booking with a private surgeon

Post by Gleaming 26th September 2013, 8:11 pm

Ok so at the moment my head feels like it's gonna explode so I thought I'd post on here for some insight...

When you book through a private surgeon who works at a few different hospitals do you have to book through the surgeons secretary directly or through the hospital where you want the surgery?

I have seen the surgeon I want in a very local hospital, and hoping to have my BA in October. I had my consultation at a BMI hospital, and my quote for anatomical unders is £5156 (+£100) consultation fee. This seems a little steep so I have been looking at some other hospitals where he does surgery and the prices are more around the 4 1/2k mark... quite a big difference.

So now I don't know what to do - do I speak to his secretary and ask her direct, or do I get in touch with each hospital and have to see him again there ??? My head hurts :( xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Booking with a private surgeon Empty Re: Booking with a private surgeon

Post by COOKIE 26th September 2013, 8:31 pm

You're right to look at other places were your surgeon works babe, because as you've found prices can vary... But so too can aftercare, so do take a look at that also before booking anything.

To ask about aftercare and to book, you would do this through the actual clinic. For example, if booking through BMI, you would call BMI and make all arrangements through them. They will then pass on your information to the surgeons secretary and they'll then deal with you after that babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 26th September 2013, 9:22 pm

Oh gleaming I feel like this is my fault, don't panic as u can get this sorted. If u are happy to go for east grin stead, ring the Mcindoe centre and say u have seen roger but would like ur op done through them, and see what they say. This could save u quite a bit of money so is worth the stress in some ways.
His secretary will just realize u are doing ur research to get the best price.
Best thing is not to stress too much because if ur orig plan is still affordable and convenient then that is still a good option as well.
Sorry again, just want to help u get best price. Xxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 26th September 2013, 10:40 pm

My surgeons main clinic was at a BMI and i did the whole thing through his secretary, later realised he also works out of a local Spire, I didn't dare look to see if there was a price difference lol!
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by Redtulip123 26th September 2013, 11:05 pm

My surgeon works at BMI, Nuffield, spire texans gets the same fee at each. He therefore gave me prices for each, aftercare details etc so I could choose based on distance from home/ price etc. I chose BMI which was cheaper than the others purely as the area it is in is not as affluent. Hope you sort something out x
Redtulip123
Redtulip123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 27th September 2013, 6:40 am

Thank you so much for your replies girls, I really appreciate it ! I'm going to contact all 4 hospitals today and find out, then contact his secretary to confirm :)

Oh don't be silly Specialkj - if anything you have done me a HUGE favour, I'm putting half the money down and half on a low rate credit card, so a £700 difference will make a huge difference to me. If it works out more convenient with dates/travel etc to go with the dearer option that is fair enough, but if I don't make sure 100% I can't get it cheaper for a similar date I know I'm gonna be cross with myself 6 months down the line when my credit card statement is waving at me! PS LOVE your profile pic, you are looking amazing.... Another reason I'm willing to pay the premium to go with him lol.

From what I've seen the aftercare packages seem pretty similar between Spire/BMI/Nuffield and McIndoe.... xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 27th September 2013, 7:28 am

Hi Gleaming. Slightly off topic - are you putting half down cash deposit and half on the Ccard to pay off? If you are at all able to, I would put as little cash down as you can and pay for it all on the Ccard, then immediately pay off the amount on the card you would have paid cash (does that makes sense?!) Paying by Ccard makes it a lot safer if the absolute worst happens and the company closes/loses you money or something. I know with the places you're looking at its highly unlikely. Just wanted to put that out there.

Specialkj - Whitwoo, looking fab! Must get round to a new avi this weekend!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 27th September 2013, 7:40 am

Hey Charlii, yep that was what I had planned :) will pay all on credit card, make a huge 1st payment, then make regular smaller payments until it's done... Hence a lower cost will make a HUGE difference lol.

I've just spoken with the McIndoe and they said that it doesn't make a difference on price whether you book through them directly or through the surgeon directly!That is very good to know, so I shall be contacting his secretary today and asking for quotes for the other hospitals he practices in, and his availability for the dates I want... Wish me luck... xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 27th September 2013, 7:44 am

Ah, goodgood! Thats what I did, whacked it all on a 12m 0%, knowing I'd get a nice work bonus to pay half off. Then Im going to be naurghty and tart the card when the 0% wears off. Should have it paid for by October 2014!

Good luck on the price hunt!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 27th September 2013, 8:00 am

Oh that's great gleaming!! So glad u know be no different. Xxxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 27th September 2013, 8:06 am

Haha that's a very good idea, I've got a low rate card so im just gonna wack it on that and try to pay it off as soon as possible really, still on maternity leave until Feb (gotta love the NHS) but I'm hoping to do some bank shifts over Christmas/new year to get it down...

Yep now to call the secretary and find out what she can do... She said he has got Weds 23rd free subject to available hospital lists, but I think Tunbridge Wells Spire, Nuffield and McIndoe are all cheaper than BMI, even if only by a couple of hundred so if she can get me in any of them it'll make a huge difference between Turkey or Turkey flavoured cat food for Christmas dinner (hehe just kidding-I hate turkey lol) xx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 27th September 2013, 9:03 am

Ok so just a quick update:

Secretary is looking into all 3 hospitals for me to see if she can get a slot and an anaesthetist for the Wednesday, if so she will send me out the prices...

Am still pencilled in for Fawkham Manor on the Thursday but she has contacted them to see if they will offer any kind of price match or discount.... 

Keep fingers and toes crossed for me and I will update when I have any further updates :D xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 27th September 2013, 4:45 pm

My surgeon works at 2 spire hospitals and 1 bmi hospital and she gave me the prices for each hospital and what days she operated on. I ended up going for the middle price because the day suited me better in terms of time of work for my partner and getting childcare for my daughter and there wasn't much between the prices anyway!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 27th September 2013, 5:15 pm

Thanks 5stonedown. I think the price with my surgeon varies by as much as £700 depending on where he does the surgery, so although I'm very keen on getting the right day if he can do it the day before at a lower price I wont be saying no ;) I'll have to wait until next week to see what they say, but otherwise I'm happy to just pay the highest price for the day I want, at the nearest hospital to me, and know that was the best deal for me :) xx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 27th September 2013, 6:30 pm

Good for you, I hope you get the day and the price you want!
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie81 27th September 2013, 9:13 pm

Fingers crossed you get the right day, hospital AND price for you babes, we deserve it 'all' sometimes ;) 
Woohoo, once that dates set it'll feel real hun xx
Ellie81
Ellie81
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Becciann84 27th September 2013, 9:57 pm

Hope it's good news Hun & you can get it a bit cheaper! Not long to wait now either :) x
Becciann84
Becciann84
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 628

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 29th September 2013, 9:46 am

Hi Gleaming, I went to the McIndoe in East Grinstead and it's a lovely clinic! Just wanted to point out when I went I could pay the costs of the clinic by credit/debit card (although there is a 1% charge for cc) but the surgeon and anesthetist costs had to be paid by bank transfer or cheque. I had a different surgeon so I am not sure if it varies, but it may be worthwhile checking if you are hoping to part pay on cc. Xx
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 29th September 2013, 12:20 pm

Thanks Daisydee, gosh that's confusing, why did you have to pay 1% to pay by credit card? Did you correspond with your surgeons secretary/PA direct or did you go via the hospital? I am going through my surgeon direct so I assumed his PA would send me an invoice and I could pay the whole thing on cc? xx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 29th September 2013, 12:36 pm

Not sure about the 1% charge on a credit card, it's just what the hospital charge. I went via the hospital but other than arranging my first consultation I dealt with my surgeons PA the whole way through anyway and still do now if I have any queries. 
It just might be worth a quick phone call to check you can pay part of the balance on CC. Xx
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 29th September 2013, 12:39 pm

Yeah that's really interesting so I'll have to look into that... Otherwise I'll apply for the BMI card because that's interest free for 6 months... Gosh everyone wants money from you lol. I know when I paid the consultant fee I just gave them my CC details over the phone xx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 29th September 2013, 12:46 pm

Fingers crossed for you! X
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 1st October 2013, 5:03 pm

* update *

Mr Smiths secretary has emailed me with a revised quotation from Fawkham Manor Hospital - £5256.00 total now £4896 total (so £360 discount)! She has also given me a quote for the McIndoe Surgical Centre of £4555 but he can only do Weds that week and she is unsure whether or not he can get a slot/anaesthetist for that day as yet...

So I will be having my BA either Wednesday 23rd October or Thursday 24th October !!!! xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 1st October 2013, 5:23 pm

That is great news on both the date and the discount, well done for asking! That's only three weeks away, fantastic!
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Becciann84 1st October 2013, 5:33 pm

That's fab news Hun! Greats that she's managed to get you a discount, and not too long to wait :) x
Becciann84
Becciann84
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 628

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next