Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts On Bigger Implants And Rippling

+7
ToriLoula
HighMaintainance
pinkbabe
Alt_Barbie
mrsm
abbie
emso
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thoughts On Bigger Implants And Rippling Empty Thoughts On Bigger Implants And Rippling

Post by emso 7th January 2011, 4:01 pm

Hi girls,
I'm new to the site, but loving it so far!
I'm just about to undergo my second BA and weighing up whether to have it done with Transform where I had it done before, or with MYA who looked to be offering a good deal on the finance this new year.
Whilst looking into this, I found out I have PIPs, which initially was flagged up to me by my patient co-ordinator at Transform as making me liable for a big discount, but now they're saying they're not worried about PIPs so won't do it for me so cheap, which is quite annoying and also scary.
However, my main reason to have the reaugmentation, was because I recently lost a bit of weight and after that I was left with quite bad rippling. I've currently got a 405cc and a 435cc implant (to even up my sizing) which took me from a 34B/C to a 34E. Because I'm a bit slimmer now though, I wear either a 30G or a 32F, which doesn't look that oversized on me (I'm 5ft6 and size 10). I'm really keen to go bigger, and felt that because I'd lost volume, I could fill out the ripples if I had larger implants, but my surgeon indicated that if I do go larger, this might get worse.
Has anyone got implants above a 525cc that will talk to me about their experiences with them? The most likely size combo I'm looking at is a 525 and a 560 to keep the size difference of my natural tissue balanced, but I'd really like to go bigger again, so I wonder if I asked for something above a 600 whether I'm going to put real strain on my skin?
Hope someone can share their experiences - would be great to talk to people who have had BAs and RAs to fill space left from weightloss especially...
Thanks
Em xxx
emso
emso
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Thoughts On Bigger Implants And Rippling Empty Re: Thoughts On Bigger Implants And Rippling

Post by abbie 7th January 2011, 4:07 pm

if youve lost a lot of weight, maybe worth changing placement to unders, to reduce rippling?
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Thoughts On Bigger Implants And Rippling Empty Re: Thoughts On Bigger Implants And Rippling

Post by emso 7th January 2011, 4:10 pm

Is that possible when you've had overs for as long as I have (six years)?Surely the scar tissue remaining where the cavity for the first implant would make it feel weird?
emso
emso
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 7th January 2011, 4:18 pm

If you've got rippling now, it can only get worse if you go bigger, it wont fill out the ripples.
It is definitely possible to change from overs to unders though and go bigger, a lady on here did recently, I think it's charlieB?
That way you could go bigger and hopefully avoid rippling.
The best thing to do is have consults with a few surgeons to see what they suggest, don't just go with what the first one says.

I've got 615cc overs by the way if there's anything you want to know just ask.
xxx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by emso 7th January 2011, 4:42 pm

Thanks for that, it's good to know. Have you had more than one op to get to that size, or did you go straight in with the 615s?
From your picture I'd say you look a similar frame to me and probably the size I'd want to be, so it's interesting to know that you've got the 615s to make you that size, as I was thinking the 560/525 sounded a bit on the conservative side. Which type of implants did they use? I'm being quoted on the high-profile inspira TXR implants...
Thanks for getting back to me lovely!
xxx
emso
emso
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 7th January 2011, 4:58 pm

emso wrote:Thanks for that, it's good to know. Have you had more than one op to get to that size, or did you go straight in with the 615s?
From your picture I'd say you look a similar frame to me and probably the size I'd want to be, so it's interesting to know that you've got the 615s to make you that size, as I was thinking the 560/525 sounded a bit on the conservative side. Which type of implants did they use? I'm being quoted on the high-profile inspira TXR implants...
Thanks for getting back to me lovely!
xxx

Mr Khan is very conservative. I went to see him & the biggest he would give me was 460cc.
Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 820

Back to top Go down

Post by emso 7th January 2011, 5:03 pm

He is very conservative - I had him the first time and felt that they weren't perhaps as big as I had envisioned, but they did look good. I think I'm going to force the issue. Otherwise, I actually have a consultation with Mr Singh next week, so that might be a better option.
Can I ask what size you went from and to? I notice you've got 700ccs. Were your scars larger than normal? xxx
emso
emso
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 7th January 2011, 5:08 pm

I had Mr singh and he does like to do bigger implants so if you want them big then hes problies the PS for you. However in saying this you gotta go with who makes you feel more comfortable. I had 525cc and I have no rippling but if you have rippling with a smaller implant then I would have thought a large implant would make it worse...perhaps I'm wrong though. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by HighMaintainance 7th January 2011, 5:08 pm

I thought PIP implants had been re-called.

If you go bigger the rippling will prob get worse like mrsm said. This is because rippling is usually cause not because skin or the implant isn't 'filled out'. It's mainly caused when there is not enough breast tissue or mammary to cover the implant. And when this happens you can sometimes see the implant's impression through the skin.

Going under the muscle can help reduce the signs of rippling because more tissue is therefore covering the implant concealing any texture of the implant becoming visible through the skin which causes the rippling effect.

What happened with you is that when you lost the weight, you lost fat which is found in the breasts as well. This fat in your breasts were probably covering the implant and therefore helped conceal any signs of rippling. Then when you lost the weight, less tissue was left to cover the implant and rippling became a lot more visible. So going bigger wont 'fill it out'. It will just be more obvious because there will be more surface area and weight to cause more rippling.
HighMaintainance
HighMaintainance
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 7th January 2011, 5:08 pm

Hehe yes hes the man if you want big boobies.

Was my first BA, I was a 32D pre op but had a fair amount of skin as they had been bigger before I lost some weight. I have no idea about my scars as I havnt seen any others. Id say mine are about 2 1/2inches.
Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriLoula 7th January 2011, 5:25 pm

Hi you are so like me it's unreal. I am also having my second BA. I went with Transform the first time and am going with MYA this time, they do great deals and if youre cheeck they will knock you a bit of money off. I have 410cc in at the min, mine are unders and have no rippling at all. I am going for 605cc this time, again under the muscle cos I don't have much tissue. When in doubt, go bigger (but unders)
xxxxx
ToriLoula
ToriLoula
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriLoula 7th January 2011, 5:29 pm

Oh I am 5ft5 and size 8/10
xxxxx
ToriLoula
ToriLoula
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 7th January 2011, 7:35 pm

Hiya I got the 615s for my first BA, hehe only Mr Singh!
Mine are TSX, which are the Inspira implants, extra high profile, with Soft Touch gel filling. As they are slightly firmer than the Resposive gel in TRX, they are less prone to rippling, so I would have thought the Soft touch would be better for you too. Responsive are fine if you've got a bit more boobs to start with.
I'm 5ft 5 and size 12 by the way.
xxx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by bblondiiie 7th January 2011, 7:53 pm

Hi

I had re-aug recently due to ruptured PIPs both ops were with Transform I have paid £2450 for the op and gone bigger because of a communication issue I had the Inpsira Responsives at no extra cost but they had wanted to give me CUI's. If you want more info let me know.

xxx
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla 8th January 2011, 12:23 am

I have 515cc, am 5'7'' , size 10.12 and 9st12 but bony up top. I have slight rippling without a bra but only on the bottom of my boobs ( partial unders so the overs part)
I am with Abbie, the bigger you go the worse the rippling will be in your current placement. Maybe a change of placement to unders if you have overs is the way to go...if you were right for overs before when you had more breast tissue and you have now got fitter you MAY be suitable for a change of placement to partial unders. It is more involved than that though unfortunately, if you have ptosis (drooping) of the breast now, your suitability for unders is reduced. (you could stillll have unders but may need some sort of lift)
Jeez, just seen the time, hubby away tonight and four kids to sort out tomorrow ( or today!!) GOODNIGHT but hope in my tired state I have helped some xx

kayla
kayla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 507

Back to top Go down

Post by HighMaintainance 8th January 2011, 5:09 am

I'm not sure you'll be able to have unders. I don't know. But if you go very large, having them situated under the muscle is just impractical. So check it out. I know that most who have v large implants have to go over.
HighMaintainance
HighMaintainance
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 8th January 2011, 8:35 am

it wouldnt be impractical with partial unders, evn with a large implant, as its just the top bit covered with muscle, so you dont have a visible ridge at the top of the implant
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 8th January 2011, 3:23 pm

Just before my op I asked Mr singh if I was having unders or overs as I wasnt 100% he said with such a big implant going under or even part under was out of the question.
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 8th January 2011, 3:27 pm

theres a girl on another site with 600s that has partials, and is going for 1000cc partials next.
I think mr singh only really does overs
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 8th January 2011, 3:46 pm

Yeah maybe abbie. I wouldnt want a massive implant with unders ouch..
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AAnomore 10th January 2011, 7:03 am

hi girls, i haven't posted for a long time but have been looking on here again as i find myself (6 months down the track) looking at a re-op. Two reasons -1. I cant beleive how quickly i have gotten used to the size from having nothing and 2. i have bad rippling that is just getting worse.

I sort of agree with most comment but i wanted to add my two bits if thats ok.

in my new reseach i have found a couple of things that will contirbute to rippling that i dont hink have been mentioned

1. textured implants are more likely to ripple - specifically traction ripple which is what i have. i am very thin up top and little to no breast tissue so with textured the breast tissue actually grabs hold of the implant and soesn't allow any slipping between the tissue and the implant therefor ebeing more likely to show ripples.
2. the profile of the implant plays a role. the higher the fill of the implant the less prone to ripples which is one reason it has become so popular to overfill Saline implants.

i feel if i had smooth implants my rippling would not be half as bad. of course my PS will not admit to it and his answer is that i wen to big. the problem i have PS's in general is that they seem to be too eager to have a one size fits all methodolgy.

my ps changed implant brands days b4 my op stating that he had found out bad info on the previous brand. he also said that he was taking his daughters (the old brand straight away due to this info) but on my last visit he let it slip that he hasn't done this yet! Yes i think at the end of the day they are in business and different brands may appeal to them for economicial reasons.

i think at the end of the day we are all so different that to me it is becoming claringly apparent that most of us almost certainly need to have two ops eventually anyway. if for no other reason than to figure out
what we really want
how our body will react
how the style (HP MHP Silcone / saline etc) will look and feel
how they (the implants) will react to our lifestyle
what can go wrong or did go wrong that now we know better and can hopefully fix next time round.

whoops - i have done it again - thought i woudl just post a quick answer and then end up rambling on - sorry

gerry
AAnomore
AAnomore
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 10th January 2011, 9:18 am

mrsm wrote:If you've got rippling now, it can only get worse if you go bigger, it wont fill out the ripples.
It is definitely possible to change from overs to unders though and go bigger, a lady on here did recently, I think it's charlieB?
That way you could go bigger and hopefully avoid rippling.
The best thing to do is have consults with a few surgeons to see what they suggest, don't just go with what the first one says.

I've got 615cc overs by the way if there's anything you want to know just ask.
xxx

Yep!! that's me! I had overs for 13 years and then changed to unders, Had 320LP implants before and went bigger this time to 460HP. I wanted to go even bigger (525cc) but my surgeon Mr Fallahdar @ MYA advised against it. He suggested that because my breast tissue was thin I would be at greater risk of getting visible rippling besides the fact that he felt the 525's would also look very round on me.

I opted for the 460's BUT in truth I have some rippling anyway it's not too bad and only visible when I lean all the way forward BUT occasionally I do notice a little dent on the inside of my left boob when I am stood up right and this again is rippling but for some strange reason it's not always there shrug

The reason my breast tissue is thin is thought to have been caused by 2 x pregnancy, breastfeeding, the CC I unfortunatley developed and the fact I had implants for 13 years. If I have some rippling with 460 implants then I know I would have got even more rippling with the larger implant. I choose to have the standard Allergan CUI implants and there is part of me that wishes I had gone for the slightly more expensive ones - as the chance of visible rippling is reduced.

By the way just to add my UNDERS feel as natural as my OVERS did. I don't have the fake roundness at the tops like I did before and they have dropped into a very natural shape. I don't believe you would know I had unders just by looking/feeling my boobies!!

x x x
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by AAnomore 10th January 2011, 12:38 pm

CharlieB
Can i ask if you had full or partial unders.
I am thinking for my redo that i will have to consider either of these two options as by the time they remove my current textured implants there will be no breast tissue at all. i am even going to be asking my PS about Allerderm (i think that is the right name) which is a like a fake skin they use in reconstruction.

Gerry
AAnomore
AAnomore
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 10th January 2011, 2:31 pm

I have a weird feeling in one of my boobs, its underneath.
Guess it feels like I have a water balloon in my boob & the liquid is moving about lol

Is this rippling or I have trapped fluid in there still?
Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 10th January 2011, 7:55 pm

Gerry, I have partial unders. x

And Alt_Barbie I had a very tight feeling in my left breast pocket for a good while after my BA, as odd & obvious as it sounds on that side I felt as though I could feel the implant (on the inside I mean - not by touching) I know I had unders and you've had overs but it's possibly just where you need to use the side you are feeling the weirdness more - as soon as I started lifting my left arm and doing things normally the tightness subsided. x x
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next