Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie - any advice gratefully received!

+8
queenie
Nixx74
Bebe71
COOKIE
kld247
sarahdawn31
ANewMeToBe
JennyT
12 posters

Go down

Newbie - any advice gratefully received! Empty Newbie - any advice gratefully received!

Post by JennyT 6th November 2010, 3:08 pm

Hi there, I'm new to this site and would really appreciate any advice you can give me. I had my first consultation last week and have another on Monday with a different surgeon (I was advised to get a couple of diff opinions). Has anyone used Alex Karidis for their surgery? That's who I'm seeing on Monday. My first consult advised I need uplift and implant of probaby 250cc under the muscle. I'm absolutely terrified about the uplift, even though I knew that's what I'd need. I'm currently a very saggy 34C and having lost 4.5 stone over the last year, my breasts are just so droopy and empty that I feel like crying. sad smile I've never liked the shape of my boobs but my weight loss has just finished them off. I'm so scared of what they will look like afterwards though as I need full lift and will have anchor scars. I hate my breasts now but I am terrified of what I might be left with..any advice would be so gratefully received and how much did people pay? The first quote I've had is £6200, does this sound about right? Thanks in advance! xx
JennyT
JennyT
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Newbie - any advice gratefully received! Empty Re: Newbie - any advice gratefully received!

Post by ANewMeToBe 6th November 2010, 4:50 pm

Hi hun and welcome, I'm totally in the same situation! I lost a lot of weight and now need an anchor lift and implants, was nervous about scaring until I saw some pics from the lovely ladies on here! Now I'm just so excited! My op is in two weeks today and I will be happy to show you my picture trail as soon as I do it! You'll be great, this site is FAB x oh and I paid £6095 so sounds pretty standard hun.
ANewMeToBe
ANewMeToBe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Newbie - any advice gratefully received! Empty Re: Newbie - any advice gratefully received!

Post by JennyT 6th November 2010, 7:08 pm

Thanks so much for the quick reply, it's made me feel better just finding this site and having the chance to read other girls experiences, it's such a massive decision to make! It would be amazing to see how you get on, at the moment I'm really feeling the fear but this is something I have wanted to do for ages and what's happened to my breasts since the weight loss just made the final decision for me. Please stay in touch on here and good luck!! Who is doing yours?
JennyT
JennyT
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 6th November 2010, 9:06 pm

Hi Jenny T!
Welcome to the forum.
I just had a BA and Uplift and all I can say is dont stress of the uplift part... first of all I dont think it added any discomfort to my recovery at all, I was in no way bothered by the insicions or stitches. I am not in any way bothered my the scars because I am so thrilled with the new shape of my boobs.
I was the same as you I was so upset I had to have a lift, I was jealous of the girls just having a BA, now looking back that was silly, I am so glad I had it done.
good luck!
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 6th November 2010, 9:29 pm

I'm booked in for an uplift and I was a bit worried about the scars too.
Having seen a few pictures it has put my mind at ease and know the results will be well worth it.
When you have your consults with surgeons ask them to see some pics of uplifts they have done, they will prob only have pictures up to 6 weeks but it will give you a rough idea.
Good luck on your boobie journey xx
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyT 7th November 2010, 11:35 am

Thanks girls, I will post again tomorrow after I've been to my consultation, I'll ask to see some pics, I think that will help. I've googled loads of before and after and want to be as prepared as possible, am becoming slightly obsessed (in a non weird way!!) x
JennyT
JennyT
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 7th November 2010, 11:42 am

JennyT wrote:Thanks girls, I will post again tomorrow after I've been to my consultation, I'll ask to see some pics, I think that will help. I've googled loads of before and after and want to be as prepared as possible, am becoming slightly obsessed (in a non weird way!!) x

I too was completely boobie obsessed pre op! It got to the point I couldnt even mention boobs to my hubby... thank goodness for this forum we understand boobie madd Boobs
This is a big journey we all go through and its important we aquite as much info as possible so that we make sure we get what we want in the end.
Good luck with the consult
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th November 2010, 11:42 am

JennyT wrote:Thanks girls, I will post again tomorrow after I've been to my consultation, I'll ask to see some pics, I think that will help. I've googled loads of before and after and want to be as prepared as possible, am becoming slightly obsessed (in a non weird way!!) x

Welcome to BJSF Jenny wavey

Awww don't stress too much about having an uplift babe. The aesthetic results you'll achieve by far outweigh the scarring (which incidently aren't that bad!)

Try places like nuts magazine for pics hun. I know it's a mens mag but its a great place to get good pics from. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyT 8th November 2010, 7:56 pm

Hi girls, well I had my second consult today with Alex Karidis, he's suggesting the lift with 290cc overs rather than unders but am not sure exactly why. He was quite clinical and kind of cold but strangely made me feel more confident, he was so self assured (and much more expensive!). He was suggesting I'd only need a couple of days off work yet the other guy said 2 weeks! I don't get how they can be so different! Also, he said if I don't have any problems I might never need the implant replacing??? His before and afters were pretty amazing, surely too good to be true?! I am also having a consult with transform soon but have just read one of Cookie's posts - are they a bit dodgy? x
JennyT
JennyT
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bebe71 10th November 2010, 2:33 pm

The difference in recovery time is understand take much longer to recover from. I had these the first time. And some surgeons don't do unders with a lift as you can end up with the implant staying up high and the natural breast dropping so you get the double bubble thing. I had that and had to change from
Unders to overs
Bebe71
Bebe71
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyT 12th November 2010, 8:13 pm

Ah, I see, thanks bebe, I guess that makes sense with the recovery time then! The opinions seem to vary loads, I am really grateful I found this site!! I just have to decide who I'm going with now and get things moving properly. Thanks Cookie for the advice on pics, I have exactly what I want in mind now, it's hard to know what size you're actually going to end up with, I just said I wanted to be a full D cup but the last guy said "I don't do sizes, I just do boobs" ! x wavey
JennyT
JennyT
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixx74 13th November 2010, 11:18 am

Newbie too!

Hi hon

I'm also a newbie boobie girl and totally understand with boob picture obsession... I feel like I go to sleep thinking of boobs and wake up too, lol. I have my surgery booked on 20th Dec and am happy and secure with my surgeon but still worried about sizes. Too big/too small. Such a nightmare. I've booked in to see my PS on 3rd Dec ahead of my surgery with any last minute questions and to try to get an idea of what final size I'll be. I am same as you having lost weight so am having uplift and 380-400 implant and this site has been wonderful for settling my nerves etc...

Nicola x
Nixx74
Nixx74
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyT 6th December 2010, 7:03 pm

Hi again girls, went to see Mr Khan @ Transform today, blimey he is a bit abrupt isn't he! But, I don't need him to be my best mate, just do the best job possible! I feel super confident that he's the man and have read some great things about him here and done my research online too.. Just have to book my date now, feeling really aprehensive about the whole thing, could do with some words of encouragement! I do want to do it, I am just so worried something will go wrong and I'll wish I hadn't done it. Wish I could see into the future! Also, a stupid question (sorry!) BUT after the op - when will I be able to sleep on my front again? daft I know but I have real trouble if I can't! xx
JennyT
JennyT
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 7th December 2010, 4:52 am

Hi JennyT

They way you are feeling is totally normal... its easy to say we want to get it done, but it takes a bit of courage to go ahead a book the day... I nearly had a panic attack both when I booked and when I paid the full payment... oh yes and the day I signed all the consent forms, I nearly passed out Hysterical but if you want it, then just do it... if you dont you are going to continue to wish you had. Yes there is a very small chance of complications, but isnt there a risk when you get in a car that you may crash, life is full of risks, its up to us to decide what risks are worth getting what we want and being happy with ourselves!

xx
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by queenie 7th December 2010, 10:13 pm

Hi Jenny T, I also saw Mr Khan.... I know exactly what u mean! He has done a few of my friends boobs & they are all really happy. Have u booked yet? can I ask what transform have quoted u? I'm having a re op,cc new implants & uplift and they've quoted me £6800. Was hoping to poss get it down.
queenie
queenie
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by shauneen25 7th December 2010, 10:55 pm

hey isnt alex karidis the guy who does all the information in mags and on wether celebs have has had work? is it the same guy...?? x
shauneen25
shauneen25
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyT 8th December 2010, 9:57 pm

Hi Girls, Yeah, that's Alex Karidis! He's sometimes been on the TV and in heat Magazine(!) I think he's done a few celebs, he was really charming and I'd trust him to do a fab job but because you book direct with him as opposed to using a firm like Transform or Mybreast, he was mega expensive (almost 8 grand) and although I would be covered for his fee for any reop for problems (only in the first year mind you), the hospital fees would not be (about 2 grand for a night!) so I've decided it's Transform and Mr Khan for me..just got to pluck up the courage to book now. Queenie - they've quoted me £5600 for an uplift and to have implants of somewhere between 200 - 250 overs (normal allergan CUI implants). She said that I might be able to negotiate some off of that price if I pay by debit card which I can do as my finance is not through them so I'm waiting to hear about that.
Thanks for all the kind words from you lovely ladies, this is something that is such a massive deal for me (and all of you, I know) and I guess I just need to take the plunge! I have a holiday booked for Jan/Feb next year and am flying so am thinking early March for the op.. hopefully my new boobs would be a little settled down in time for summer!! xx
JennyT
JennyT
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 9th December 2010, 6:46 am

Pleased you've found the right surgeon for you Jenny.
I think all the questions you may have will become alot clearer in this time now leading up to your op. I had so many but the more research you do the more you learn.
I was surprised Alex Karidis said you would only need a couple of days off work, I didn't feel good enough to go back to work until about the two week mark really. Everyones recovery is different but it's best to prefer for the worst case so your not pressured into going back to work.

Your gonna be so excited for the new year and counting down till your new additions!!
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by elle83 10th January 2011, 11:03 pm

Hysterical i understand the boobie obbession!! hehe!
elle83
elle83
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 10th January 2011, 11:11 pm

Hi, you have got a good price. I got mine for £5200. However, on the day as I was borderline my PS did just a nipple lift. This hasn't worked to plan and now needing re-op and nipple lift. I too am worried about the scars but think the results will be worth it.

Good luck. x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by queenie 11th January 2011, 9:14 pm

Hi jay, can i ask who did your op please? The same thing happened to me. I paid for a full anchor lift as advised & re-implants & my PS changed his mind while marking me up! Am now trying to get some money back & I hope the donut lift he did (although I was eager to have minimal scarring ) will give me the lift long term that I need.
queenie x
queenie
queenie
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 11th January 2011, 9:52 pm

It was Mr Moraci at Harley Medical. They think they're Gods don't they! Did he do a good job tho hon? You pleased? You should deffo get money back!

Can I be checky and ask to see pics? Just I don't know what to expect. Is donut just around the nipple? Thats what I had! x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by queenie 12th January 2011, 10:59 am

Yes donut lift is just around the nipple so u don't get the vertical line from the nipple to the breast crease. So far the results seem good.... just wish I'd gone a bit bigger!! I haven't taken any pics yet as my digital camera is broken, will try & get some done this weekend! xx
queenie
queenie
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolaxxxx 17th January 2011, 11:26 am

Hi
Im new here aswell and have been made to feel really welcome and the advice is great. Im having my op in 1week so nervous. (full uplift and Implant) I wouldnt worry to much about uplift scars as the pictures I have seen they fade really well and to be honest I would rather have the scars than my horrible empty saggy boobs they couldnt look any worse ha. Ive been told I need to take 2 weeks off wark as my job Involves lifting pushing wheelchirs etc so I think it depends on your job when it comes to how much time off you need. I paid £6,400 for mine with HMG. Hope this helps xx
Nicolaxxxx
Nicolaxxxx
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down