Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uplift and BA...advice gladly received!

3 posters

Go down

Uplift and BA...advice gladly received! Empty Uplift and BA...advice gladly received!

Post by Lexi27 7th September 2010, 9:47 pm

Hey girls

I would be grateful if you could share some of your wisdom with me...you sound like you will be able to help!

Just a bit of background first though. I was probably always a 34B until I started to put on weight in my early 20s. At my heaviest I weighed 13 1/2 stone and wore a size 32E. Since then my weight has gone up and down and I have had two pregnancies and breastfed both babies. I am now only 9 1/2 stone (and 5" 8) so you can imagine the state it has left my boobies in! Not a nice sight let me tell you!!! I wear a 32D at the mo but have been told that once uplifted they would only be a 32B as I have so much excess skin.

So I am looking to have uplift and implants. I have had 3 consultations so far, only two of which I have been happy with. However the surgeons seemed to have slightly different views....the first one was with Dr Decker at THG. He said I definately needed an uplift and that because my breast tissue was so thin, he would only be willing to give me 240 overs because that's all he thought would give a good result. I was quite happy with this because I am quite very slim now and don't want to look top heavy, I don't particularly want big boobs just nice round, firm, pert ones, something I have never had, even as a teenager! So I was quite happy after this consultation apart from the price...£6,700!!

I had another consultation which was again a recommendation with a Peter Hodgkinson from Vive, at the Cobalt in Newcastle. He is also a plastic surgeon for the NHS and seemed very knowledgeable. However, he said because I was tall, had wide shoulders and a wide breast area, that I could have lot larger implants. He used a system whereby they take all your measurements (can't remember the name but apparently not many surgeons use it?) input them into a computer and then you try on a vest with different size implants to give you a close to realistic as possible idea of what you would like. I was horrified with the first ones as they looked totally huge! And even the few we tried after that were not really the look I was after. The size I eventually agreed in turned out to be 270s. He said it was up to me but if I chose that size he would have to do a full anchor lift as opposed to a less major lift if I had large implants! Because I am new to all of this I am so confused, he really did seem to know what he was talking about and was fine to give me 270s (dual plane - is this partial unders?) if that's what I wanted but why then would Dr Decker not give me any bigger than 240s? Also the price was a lot cheaper with Vive, £5,200 which makes me want to go with them just for the price!

Sorry to whitter on and I am sorry if this post is a little long but would love your thoughts! Many thanks xxx thank you shrug
Lexi27
Lexi27
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Uplift and BA...advice gladly received! Empty Re: Uplift and BA...advice gladly received!

Post by sarahdawn31 8th September 2010, 4:28 am

Hi lexi...
I am booked for a ba and lift oct 6th... and I consulted with 2 ps both who gave me a similar consult, I choose my ps because I liked him and his post op pics best...
I am sure there are many opinions by docs and they all have benefits and risks u just hve to choose the doc u trust I suppose...
I will just share with u what my ps is doing with me:
I am having a lollipop lift and either 450 or 500 cc gel implants dual plane other wise called partials... Now I have lots of good breast tissue its all just in the wrong place so I can hold a large implant, I also have a wide breast width (I am tall and broad shouldered) so again I can hold a larger implant... I am having moderate profile and the partial placement so try to get a natural look.
I am in Australia so I am not sure of the cost equivellant but I am paying $17,000.00 That includes Everything including an overnight stay.
Good luck with your decisions!
xx
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Uplift and BA...advice gladly received! Empty Re: Uplift and BA...advice gladly received!

Post by COOKIE 8th September 2010, 7:13 am

Maybe go for a third consultation just to help with your decision hunni.

It seems to me though that you've already decided on the size and look you're happy with. If you go with that size, you already are prepared for having a full anchor uplift to help you acheive the resulting look. (I had a full anchor uplift in November hun and LOVE how my new boobs look!)

If you opt for a larger implant, from what the surgeon said, as you wont lose as much excess skin, he could probably do a lollipop lift.

If you're happy with the size you've chosen and to go ahead with the scarring from a full anchor lift (which really isn't that bad) then it's just a matter of choosing your surgeon babe.

I really would not choose a surgeon based on cost alone though hun, I know it's appealing but trust and confidence in his/her capabilities is far more important babe, unless you feel completely safe in your surgeons hands, he won't be the surgeon for you hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi27 9th September 2010, 8:56 pm

ah thanks for your replies girls, it has helped me understand things a bit more! I think I will go for another consultation just to see what another surgeon thinks and then go from there. I did like both of the surgeons i saw but it was the fact that they both said slightly different things that made me think about things more.

I'll let you know what my next consultation brings!

By the way your boobs look fab Cookie! xx
Lexi27
Lexi27
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi27 9th September 2010, 8:58 pm

Thanks Jay1983 for your pm and yes I would love to but unfortunately I'm a newbie therefore not allowed pm's or to see photies :>(
Lexi27
Lexi27
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down