Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIP IMPLANTS OR NAGOR HIGH PROFILE SMOOTH?

+6
Vix
Bumble
xx sharon xx
mrsm
kittie
kel25
10 posters

Go down

PIP IMPLANTS OR NAGOR HIGH PROFILE SMOOTH? Empty PIP IMPLANTS OR NAGOR HIGH PROFILE SMOOTH?

Post by kel25 30th September 2010, 8:47 am

Hello,

Could anyone advise me what is the best implant. I had a consultation last night and was told the PIP implants were dangerous, Nagor are the best, however i have a consultation next month and have been told they use PIP?
HELP!!!

Thanks
kel25
kel25
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

PIP IMPLANTS OR NAGOR HIGH PROFILE SMOOTH? Empty Re: PIP IMPLANTS OR NAGOR HIGH PROFILE SMOOTH?

Post by kittie 30th September 2010, 9:07 am

A lot of ladies are having their PIPs removed. I don't know a huge amount about them but they seem to be a very low quality implant with a high rupture rate from what I have read.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

PIP IMPLANTS OR NAGOR HIGH PROFILE SMOOTH? Empty Re: PIP IMPLANTS OR NAGOR HIGH PROFILE SMOOTH?

Post by mrsm 30th September 2010, 9:10 am

Hiya nowhere uses PIPs anymore, and I didn't think smooth implants were used in the UK either? Only textured, but I may be wrong.
xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by kel25 30th September 2010, 9:18 am

Thank you, just looked them up a little and i do not want PIP!!
Have you ever heard of Allergan Anatomical Breast Implants?

kel25
kel25
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kel25 30th September 2010, 9:21 am

I thought that aswell as I had been advised they were not safe however i just called a surgeon Lucian Ion im booked in to see next month and he does use them? I just cancelled the consultation!!
kel25
kel25
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by xx sharon xx 30th September 2010, 9:21 am

hi kel25... wavey ...maybe the clinic used to use pips but they cant still be using them, they got banned earlier this year due to problems. It was discovered that the manufacturers had used an non approved silicone gel and they have a high rupture rate. I have ruptured pips and am getting them replaced with nagor implants....x
xx sharon xx
xx sharon xx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post by kel25 30th September 2010, 10:33 am

I called the clininc this morning to double check and she said they use polyphane (spelling?) breast implants, i said it that the pip implants and she said yes?

I am sooo confused now!!
kel25
kel25
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by xx sharon xx 30th September 2010, 11:45 am

PIP...Poly Implant Prothese. They were a french company which has now gone into liquidation...x
xx sharon xx
xx sharon xx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post by Bumble 30th September 2010, 3:53 pm

If I was booked in somewhere now and they were still using PIP I would run a mile in the opposite direction!
Bumble
Bumble
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 30th September 2010, 4:54 pm

and report them!
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 30th September 2010, 5:14 pm

Yes PIP's are banned and no longer in production, if a clinic was using these, they would be doing so illegally. Allergan, Mentor, Nagor etc are good implants. The FDA approved implants (made by allergan only in their inspira range and the mentor, but I can never remember what the range is called) are considered the best implants on the market due to the huge amount of studies the FDA have put them through. They will usually cost extra also. This does not mean the other implants are bad, testing and studies by the FDA take a long time and a lot of money, which is why every implant isn't FDA approved.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi27 30th September 2010, 9:19 pm

I have had a consultation too and the surgeon said he would be using Allergan anatomical implants and that they were one of the best on the market - is that true? x
Lexi27
Lexi27
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by 21jane 30th September 2010, 9:38 pm

i have allergan naturelle anatomical implants and so faf i am happy with them only 3 weeks post op x
21jane
21jane
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi27 30th September 2010, 9:44 pm

ah thats great, thanks 21jane. What size are you hoping to be and what size did you get? xx
Lexi27
Lexi27
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 1st October 2010, 7:48 am

I would run a mile too!!! x
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down