Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIP Implant, scan detected fluid but no rupture!

4 posters

Go down

PIP Implant, scan detected fluid but no rupture! Empty PIP Implant, scan detected fluid but no rupture!

Post by georgie 12th July 2010, 9:08 am

Just returned from my ultra sound scan on my PIP Implants. They told me that my right breast is fine but my left breast (that aches all the time) has an area of fluid around it. But they cant see any rupture or tears. So now what??? Has anyone heard of having an area of fluid around an implant???
georgie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 114

Back to top Go down

PIP Implant, scan detected fluid but no rupture! Empty Re: PIP Implant, scan detected fluid but no rupture!

Post by COOKIE 12th July 2010, 9:21 am

You're about 18 months post-op aren't you Georgie?

I'm not aware of hearing of anyone with fluid around the implant so late post-op to be honest hun, at a 'guess' it does sound like a seroma - Contact HMG with the findings hun and see what they say, I'm not sure about a seroma so late post-op but I do know if a seroma early post-op isn't presenting any other syptoms they're often left alone for the body to absorb, but you should definately speak with your surgeon hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

PIP Implant, scan detected fluid but no rupture! Empty Re: PIP Implant, scan detected fluid but no rupture!

Post by georgie 12th July 2010, 10:10 am

I am 18mths post op!

Thankyou for your expertise Cookie, i really appreciate it. PIP Implant, scan detected fluid but no rupture! 683328
You always have kind words for everyone.

I know that i am lucky that i dont appear to have a rupture but i cant help feeling almost disapointed. At least then things would be straightforward and i would know that The Harley Medical Group would change them. i have left a message for my surgeon to ring me, we will see what he suggests.
I am now wondering if this fluid will cause me a problem when having them replaced? Also not knowing if i should just pay for new ones now but then who to go with? Do i stick with HMG or try to find someone else? I am so worried about picking a dodgy clinic, i did that the first time back in 2001!
I cant wait for this nightmare to be over!
georgie
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th July 2010, 10:35 am

georgie wrote:I am 18mths post op!

Thankyou for your expertise Cookie, i really appreciate it. PIP Implant, scan detected fluid but no rupture! 683328

Oh hunni, I'm definately no expert! just someone who has been through a lot with her implants and read lots about them!

You always have kind words for everyone.

Awww thank you hun PIP Implant, scan detected fluid but no rupture! 375568

I know that i am lucky that i dont appear to have a rupture but i cant help feeling almost disapointed. At least then things would be straightforward and i would know that The Harley Medical Group would change them. i have left a message for my surgeon to ring me, we will see what he suggests.
I am now wondering if this fluid will cause me a problem when having them replaced?

It's difficult to answer with you being so far along post-op, you could always ask the 'real expert' here, James McDiarmid, in the surgeons section of the forum, he's a BAAPs registered surgeon and a wonderful help to all the ladies here babe.

Also not knowing if i should just pay for new ones now but then who to go with? Do i stick with HMG or try to find someone else? I am so worried about picking a dodgy clinic, i did that the first time back in 2001!
I cant wait for this nightmare to be over!

If it's decided the fluid is OK to be left then the decision to change the implants would be entirely up to you hun, you could continue to keep them with careful monitoring if you wanted to, or (and this would be my choice) you could have them replaced at your earliest convenience.

I personally wouldn't give the HMG the time of day after the way the ladies with PIPs have been lied to and treated babe, there are so many other clinics out there, some offering to replace the PIPs for free with a 'safe' option so you only have to pay for hospital, surgeons fees and aftercare. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by georgie 12th July 2010, 1:07 pm

Spoke to Harley Medical Group, they say if i want my implants changed it will cost me £5500 cause PIP implants only have a 0.03% increased risk of rupture! Where do they get these figures from??!

I have just booked a consultation with Patrick Mallucci at Mybreast for 27th July! He only wants £4300! I also have an appointment with Rubicon on the same day, as i am traveling to London anyway, although they seem a little too cheap to me??? (£3490)

I feel better already. Now counting the days!! I guess if i am paying again, i just as well go a little bigger!! PIP Implant, scan detected fluid but no rupture! 727935
georgie
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th July 2010, 1:25 pm

georgie wrote:Spoke to Harley Medical Group, they say if i want my implants changed it will cost me £5500 cause PIP implants only have a 0.03% increased risk of rupture! Where do they get these figures from??!

They've probably made them up or created them from other statistics based on other manufacturers - Annie66 wrote this post HERE about THMG previously passing out stats on PIPs which they've since revealed were based on 'most leading implant manufacturers' and not specific to PIPs.

I have just booked a consultation with Patrick Mallucci at Mybreast for 27th July! He only wants £4300! I also have an appointment with Rubicon on the same day, as i am traveling to London anyway, although they seem a little too cheap to me??? (£3490)

I feel better already. Now counting the days!! I guess if i am paying again, i just as well go a little bigger!! PIP Implant, scan detected fluid but no rupture! 727935

Good luck sweetheart, look to the right of the forum and you'll find many helpful links in choosing a surgeon and clinic and lots of questions to ask before making any decisions babe, you might find it helpful. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 12th July 2010, 6:35 pm

Although I have silicone granulomas indicating probable rupture my scan also should fluid anterior to the implant...no one has said what this means as yet. Will see if it shows up on my MRI (on 2nd August) and go from there.
Let us know how your consultations go x
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by tinap.i.p 9th May 2011, 8:33 pm

Hi, I am new to this site and to forums, but I have been reading all your posts and have found them very helpfull. I am looking to find out if anyone has had or knows anything about nagor, mentor and allergan implants. I see a few people recomending the natrell Alergan, but i was just wondering about the others.
I am currently awaiting a scan to see if the implants i have (P.I.P) have ruptured. But even if they have not I think it would be wise to have them removed anyway as it would be a constant worry. Although I am terrified at the thought of going through surgery again, and the expence is not needed as now i do not work as i have two very young children.
Please any advice would be greatly appreciated Tina x
tinap.i.p
tinap.i.p
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th May 2011, 8:50 pm

Welcome to BJSF sweetheart PIP Implant, scan detected fluid but no rupture! 399357

tinap.i.p wrote: I am looking to find out if anyone has had or knows anything about nagor, mentor and allergan implants. I see a few people recomending the natrell Alergan, but i was just wondering about the others.

We had a recent discussion about the different types of implants available here in the UK sweetie, you can read the thread HERE

I am currently awaiting a scan to see if the implants i have (P.I.P) have ruptured. But even if they have not I think it would be wise to have them removed anyway as it would be a constant worry. Although I am terrified at the thought of going through surgery again, and the expence is not needed as now i do not work as i have two very young children.
Please any advice would be greatly appreciated Tina x

It's so awful that you and so many other ladies are having to go through this hun, I hope the scan goes well hunn, please let us know how you get on and if we can help in any way, just ask away hunni. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down