Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

legal proceedings....PIP Implants

+14
Annie66
tarasmith2010
susieQ
Jessica
COOKIE
leigh6054
bock
lee
natalia
eastla
misf1
pinkbabe
Funkygirl
xxprincessxx
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

legal proceedings....PIP Implants Empty legal proceedings....PIP Implants

Post by xxprincessxx 6th May 2010, 7:11 pm

Hi girls
I have contacted a lawyer about my PIP implants now, as HMG seem to not be commenting much at all!
Alot of solicitor firms have said there is no claim as I am not injured as of yet, but this one seems hopeful under the claim of clinical negligence.

Apparently they have had a similar case against Don Cowering implants?

They have taken alot of info from me and will be going in for a free consultation soon hopefully.

I DO NOT want to wait until something goes wrong to get this sorted.

Any other girls with PIPs seeking advice yet?

I will keep you all posted on how far ths gets if your interested.
xxprincessxx
xxprincessxx
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 155

Back to top Go down

legal proceedings....PIP Implants Empty Re: legal proceedings....PIP Implants

Post by Funkygirl 6th May 2010, 7:24 pm

Just wanted to say good luck with it all hun, I can't imagine what you girls are going through! It's an awful situation to be in, but it's great that you're taking action and seeking legal advice legal proceedings....PIP Implants 184153

Wishing you all the best with it hun legal proceedings....PIP Implants 571992
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by xxprincessxx 6th May 2010, 7:30 pm

Thanks..just want smeone to acknowledge this is illegal and us girlies are worried:(
xxprincessxx
xxprincessxx
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 6th May 2010, 7:34 pm

I'm sure someone will hun, just don't give up, you have rights!

You are definately on the right track thou, seeking legal advice is a very wise thing. They will be able to advise you best.

In the meantime we are all here for support hun legal proceedings....PIP Implants 948189

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 6th May 2010, 7:36 pm

I didnt have pips so cant comment on that, but I justed wanted to say good luck you girls deserve anwsers and if your not getting them then you doing the right thing. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by xxprincessxx 6th May 2010, 7:40 pm

To be honest im just mad, not overly stressed or scared.Just a bit peed off that this could happen after i spent sooo much money.
Thanks for the support
xxprincessxx
xxprincessxx
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 6th May 2010, 8:00 pm

w hun, just wanted to wish you good luck in this, I can understand you are mad. Hope they can help.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 6th May 2010, 9:02 pm

It's such a horrible thing for you to have to be going through, I really hope that you can get this sorted out.

Hopefully now you have legal representation the HMG may take you more seriously.

Good luck with it all hun, keep us updated xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 6th May 2010, 9:09 pm

im sorry your in this worrying suituation i hope they rectify it for you
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by lee 6th May 2010, 9:31 pm

sorry but am i the only one that doesnt know what pip implants are, can some one tell me what they are plz x x x.
lee
lee
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by bock 6th May 2010, 9:38 pm

best of luck with the proceedings and i hope it all works out in your favour. i think this is disgusting and i hope you get it sorted xxxxxx
bock
bock
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1910

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 6th May 2010, 9:40 pm

lee wrote:sorry but am i the only one that doesnt know what pip implants are, can some one tell me what they are plz x x x.

You can read all about them HERE hun xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by leigh6054 14th May 2010, 5:34 pm

Hi

I have pip's which unfortunately have now ruptured, i had them in Feb 08, I have today spoken with 2 seperate solicitors, whom have said that i do not have a case against the company which carried out my surgery, any case would have to be against the manufacturers, which in this case have gone bust.

I totally understand how you are feeling, as i find myself in the position of having a definate rupture and 1 possible rupture in the other breast, however since my operation my financial situation has changed drastically, and i am unable to afford the £2000.00 the company i initially had the surgery with is advising me it will cost for them replaced, as the surgeon is willing to do the work for free and has stated that they need to be removed sooner rather than later.

I am so stressed with the whole situation, and it feels like i am not getting anywhere at all, every avenue i explore appears to be a dead end

xx
leigh6054
leigh6054
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by xxprincessxx 14th May 2010, 8:09 pm

Feeling that too.
The attitude of the solicitors seems to be that because They have not yet ruptured I have no case
Feel so stuck!!
Just have to keep my fingers and save i guess
So dissapointed as spent alot of money and just feel this hanging over me the whole time
xxprincessxx
xxprincessxx
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by leigh6054 14th May 2010, 8:56 pm

I know exactly what you are saying - mine have ruptured, i dont know what is inside my body, and let me tell you they do leak - as i have a massive lump on my left breast to prove it, so they definately do not stay formed.

I just feel like no body seems to care
xx
leigh6054
leigh6054
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by leigh6054 14th May 2010, 8:57 pm

I know exactly what you are saying - mine have ruptured, i dont know what is inside my body, and let me tell you they do leak - as i have a massive lump on my left breast to prove it, so they definately do not stay formed.

I just feel like no body seems to care
xx
leigh6054
leigh6054
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th May 2010, 8:59 pm

We care Leigh legal proceedings....PIP Implants 571992

I know it's hard hunni but the content of the implant hasn't been proven to be harmful hun so please don't worry too much at this stage, I too had a ruptured implant (CUIs) and had a dreadful time hun (feel free to read my diary here - cookies journey), but I'm just fine now, so taking aside the fact that you have PIPs which do need to come out regardless, you're going to be OK hunni. legal proceedings....PIP Implants 571992
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by xxprincessxx 15th May 2010, 9:15 pm

Csn I ask what a rupture feels like? just so I know legal proceedings....PIP Implants 808228
Am being a bit dramatic and expecting it at any moment :(
xxprincessxx
xxprincessxx
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 15th May 2010, 11:26 pm

Have you been to your local citizens advice bureau? They may be able to help you with some advice - I think girls that have had these implants will have a solid case against HMG or whoever put these implants into your body under the Sale Of Goods Act. Basically if something has been misrepresented to a consumer as something else, you should have recourse for either a refund or replacement goods. I know silicone breast implants is a relatively rare consumer product (I mean we're definitely not talking about a broken television or a dud car or something) but the rule should be the same for everything. I liken it to a trader on ebay selling a car that says it has power steering and pricing it as such when it actually doesn't. You have the right to reject that item under the SOGA. They may argue that it has to be done within a reasonable timeframe (usually the consensus is about 6 weeks) but under these circumstances it only became apparent that they had been misrepresented when all this PIP stuff came to light so I think that could be overlooked.

xxx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by leigh6054 20th May 2010, 6:52 am

xxprincessxx wrote:Csn I ask what a rupture feels like? just so I know legal proceedings....PIP Implants 808228
Am being a bit dramatic and expecting it at any moment :(

I tend to find that this breast aches constantly as opposed to been very painful, some thing like the feeling of when your breast first fill with milk following having a baby

I started with a small lump on the right hand side of my left breast, it is now approximately the size of a small egg, which makes my breast look square in appearance. I think probably the best thing you could do is make sure you check regulalry and have any lumps checked out straight away.

I have just recieved my appointment through for an MRI scan on the 4th of June to confirm if the gel has migrated to my lymph nodes.

xxx
leigh6054
leigh6054
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

legal proceedings....PIP Implants Empty PIP - Medical Advice Alert

Post by susieQ 26th May 2010, 12:03 am

I've had the mammogram and ultrasound and I have a rupture it's leaking and sitting in two pockets under my armpit, I am waiting to see the doctor to discuss the next course of action however I do believe they will be doing nothing until there is a ruling from the French Government or ours but I will not hold my breath. Out of all the implants available on the market there must be some recourse with the surgeon who actually chose this type of implant, one should questions his/her reasons for choosing this particular product and with the guarantee that it would be good for a considerable number of years only to find out 5 years later (in my case) that is not so. Has anyone appointed a solicitor to act for them and if so at what stage are you at, have you written to your local MP?
susieQ
susieQ
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by susieQ 26th May 2010, 12:06 am

I forgot to mention I have private medical insurance PPP Axa and they were not interested at all, not even to remove them !
susieQ
susieQ
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 26th May 2010, 9:36 am

Sorry to hear you have been affected by the PIP scandal as well hunny, I do hope you manage to get something sorted soon.

I just wanted to say that I work for a private medical insurance company and I believe it's highly unlikely that any of the major health insurance companies will pay to sort out something that was an elective procedure, these companies are businesses at the end of the day there to make a profit, and without trying to sound too harsh, we did all elect to have this procedure done for ourselves, it was not medically neccessary. It is not fair to expect them to help now that something has gone wrong, even if it is affecting your health now. There is usually a blanket exclusion on primary or secondary cosmetic procedures as it is not classed as "an acute illness or condition."

I do believe however that all ladies who have these implants have a good case to get them removed. I think the companies who used these implants have a great deal to answer for and I really do think it's disgusting that they are now running away and burying their head in the sand now that the you know what has hit the fan!

xxx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

legal proceedings....PIP Implants Empty pip too

Post by tarasmith2010 30th May 2010, 10:24 am

hello all i have pips too, some of you know about all my problems, only 12 post op from uplift, which i was told when remove mot of my milk ducts, will seem to work and everything was fine, no pain in my nipple,
i guessed i had pips and got it right after a fight withTHG.
now still have problems with nipple, the uplft did not work at all, bad in really bad pain, d
tarasmith2010
tarasmith2010
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th May 2010, 6:56 pm

Hello Tara hunni! (it's yoghurtpot) legal proceedings....PIP Implants 368291

Bless you sweetheart, I'm so sorry to read you're going through so much still legal proceedings....PIP Implants 571992
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next