Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, PIP implant rupture - some questions

+2
sherri9871
MichellelovesBruno
6 posters

Go down

Hi, PIP implant rupture - some questions Empty Hi, PIP implant rupture - some questions

Post by MichellelovesBruno 18th November 2010, 6:09 pm

Hi, I just found out I have a PIP implant rupture, leaked to my arm pit.
If I am honest, it's probably been like it for a good few years now, I have had the odd stabbing type pain for ages.

Anyway, I had an ultrasound on the NHS after finding a lump, but I also had a letter from my surgeon suggesting I have an urgent ultrasound (which they wanted to charge me a few hundred quid for).
I have been told by the ultrasound tech that my implant is ruptured but not given any advice.
What sort of timescale should I be looking at to get the implants removed? I am pretty sure the rupture is the cause of me feeling like poop for so long, however, I need to actually find the money to have them redone first.

Secondly, I had mine done in 2000. I was exactly 7 stone before they put them in, and I am now 9 stone (10 years and two kids down the line) and they still look good but have sagged quite a lot. I am small framed and had 330cc put in (went from a bullish A cup to a C/D but now have put on weight, I am a DD) - and without meaning to sound rude, I am not exactly a young dolly bird anymore, so i am wondering what size i would need to have put in to get rid of the sagging?

I have 2 kids and am still deciding on if we are to have anymore. I intended to have my boobs re done when i am finished having children, but now I have to have it done sooner, I don't want to have to have it done again.... if you get me?

Sorry questions questions! Also, will bigger implants mean quicker sag?
thanks
Michelle
MichellelovesBruno
MichellelovesBruno
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Hi, PIP implant rupture - some questions Empty Re: Hi, PIP implant rupture - some questions

Post by sherri9871 18th November 2010, 8:43 pm

Hi Michelle,
Sorry to hear about your rupture re pips, i think you have a few dilemas here, the first being the rupture, would want to get it done as soon as possible. As for sagging you may have to have an uplift as well, your consultant will advise on this, however if you are looking at having more children the pregnancy will have an effect on your bust.

i would probably book a few consultations and get peoples opinions as soon as possible, doesnt matter that you dont have the money now, just for piece of mind to get some answers, take care x

sherri9871
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Hi, PIP implant rupture - some questions Empty Re: Hi, PIP implant rupture - some questions

Post by COOKIE 18th November 2010, 9:48 pm

A big welcome to BJSF Michele wavey

MichellelovesBruno wrote:I have been told by the ultrasound tech that my implant is ruptured but not given any advice.
What sort of timescale should I be looking at to get the implants removed? I am pretty sure the rupture is the cause of me feeling like poop for so long, however, I need to actually find the money to have them redone first.

You should really be looking into having your implants replaced/removed as soon as possible hun, especially given that they're PIPs too sweetie and the french testing has come back inconclusive so it's in your best interest to get them out.

Read HERExx

Secondly, I had mine done in 2000. I was exactly 7 stone before they put them in, and I am now 9 stone (10 years and two kids down the line) and they still look good but have sagged quite a lot. I am small framed and had 330cc put in (went from a bullish A cup to a C/D but now have put on weight, I am a DD) - and without meaning to sound rude, I am not exactly a young dolly bird anymore, so i am wondering what size i would need to have put in to get rid of the sagging?

I have 2 kids and am still deciding on if we are to have anymore. I intended to have my boobs re done when i am finished having children, but now I have to have it done sooner, I don't want to have to have it done again.... if you get me?

Your surgeon will be the best person to advise on size hunni based on the amount of breast tissue you now have and body fat along with other factors.... They'll decide the size and whether or not you'll need an uplift.

You will need to discuss your future plans regarding children with your surgeon too as this may effect their decision. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MichellelovesBruno 19th November 2010, 9:31 am

Hi and thanks.

i've had a chat with my hubby and basically I think I am going to go to see a couple of cons and see what they say.
Probably going to aim to have them done asap but of course, it's going to depend on finding the money which is a major problem for us because we don't have any credit cards and our credit rating is too poor to get a loan (business hit by recession) - i don't have a spare 5k laying about!

I haven't even told my parents about this because I don't want to worry them... my mum and her sister were both diagnosed with breast cancer 2 weeks ago and my mum is due to have a mastectomy next week, so I can hardly burden her with my troubles!

On a positive note, I might be motivated to get back down the gym and lose some weight before i get new boobs!
MichellelovesBruno
MichellelovesBruno
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Bumble 21st November 2010, 7:58 pm

I don't want to scare you Hun but like the Sherri and Cookie have said it really is best if you get it sorted as soon as poss. I waited from late April to last week to get my ruptured pips out and ended up having 11 lymph nodes removed which is a lot more than the 1 or 2 that would've needed it had I been "fixed" when the first lump was found 8 months ago.

I hope you are ok, this must be really hard with everything else you have to deal with at the moment x
Bumble
Bumble
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 21st November 2010, 8:02 pm

just wanted to say hi and welcome hun, sorry you are going throught this, but you will get bucket loads of support on here Hug
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 21st November 2010, 8:21 pm

Sorry you have pip's hun. I had mine out a month ago plus a lymph node.
I would say get them out asap. My ruptured one was a shock to see, the sooner they're out of your body the better hun.

Good luck on your new boobie journey x
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down