Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused!!!!

+8
nads
BoobiePrize
RoxyChick
kayla
*Sally*
pinkbabe
COOKIE
AdrianneSamuella
12 posters

Go down

Confused!!!! Empty Confused!!!!

Post by AdrianneSamuella 21st March 2010, 2:15 pm

So I had a consultation with Mr Hamilton this week and things have been spining round my head since.
First of all he wouldn't go with big implants due to my tiny BWD and I can understand that. I'm hoping to get a D cup.

He made me try a series of implants ranging from 330 to 370. 330 to 350 looked too small for me. 370 were almost perfect. And that's how far he said he'd go. I asked if it could be possible to go 380 or 400 at least as I read that having unders takes about 15-20% off the original size that you want. I want cleavage, natural looking breast but not too big and surely not too small. 370 looked all right in the sport bra but not as big as I'd like.

He said it doesn't matter whether I had the implants over or under, the size will remain the same and I'll still have the same results as another woman who has 370 overs. I found it quite dismissive. I'm going to pay a lot of money for this surgery and I really hope for good results. The last thing I want is disappointment with the shape of my boobs.

So now, I'm confused and I don't really know what to think anymore. I'd like to go with his decision and chose 370 but what if they end up smaller than what I want only because I've listened to him?
Is he just saying this because he likes going for normal look? It is true that with unders you lose some of the shape so it's best to go bigger. Why would he deny this?

I have been to so many consults and my head is spinning with conflicting information. I selected Mr Hamilton since he's quite popular and some ladies on here have had a good experience with him.
I have a last consult next week with another surgeon but my surgery is already booked with MB. I'll see what the surgeon says and If I'm still not happy with Dr Hamilton's decision I have to think of something else. So stressful!!
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Confused!!!! Empty Re: Confused!!!!

Post by COOKIE 21st March 2010, 2:35 pm

Hey Adrianne - Nads recently changed her placement from unders to overs and she has no differing in size at all from the change in placement if I remember rightly so what your surgeon says is correct.

Maybe you could contact nads and ask her, I'm sure her surgeon was Steven Hamilton too. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 21st March 2010, 3:25 pm

It is so confusing and different surgeons make different recommendations and confuse the hell out of you. I would say if in any doubt at all with your surgeon then maybe hes not the surgeon for you hun. I saw about 4or5 surgeons and also a consult with the nurse at harley medical and I was so confused as they all said different things. I was always under the impression that with unders you lose around 15% of the size but as I had overs I cant say for sure and the ps should know.

Have other surgeons you've seen said the same thing? If so then maybe what mr H is saying is spot on. All I know is your paying a lot of money so you really need to be 110% confident with your ps before going ahead with anything. xx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 21st March 2010, 5:12 pm

370 isn't a bad size tho honey especially as you do have a small bwd. I had a change of placement too and did notice a difference in size however not a lot and the actual appearance of my boobs hasn't changed significantly.

Do you know what profile he's chosen for you?
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla 21st March 2010, 5:44 pm

I reckon you'll end up a really good size with 370's. MissPink just had hers done and has just found out the implant size and she had 310 ultra high profiles and hers look easily a D cup and they look FANTASTIC from her avatar!!
Now I know it's all subjective and some girls seem to need 500cc to get a D/DD but I don't think you'll end up tiny.
Have you had a look at the Allergan (or Nagor which I think MyBreast have switched to now) catalogue? You could check out the diff's between the sizes offered and then the ones you would like and see if it's a big diff.

And from what I've heard, SH is a great surgeon.

Good Luck deciding xx
kayla
kayla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 507

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 21st March 2010, 7:46 pm

You'll end up more than a D/DD with 370s. I ended up a FF/G with 340s. However I am quite petite.

As for losting 10%, some surgeons say this happens, some deny it. Basically it's about compression. I tend to believe that the shape will be different with unders as they sit under the muscle, and are basically kept taughter than overs, as overs have only the skin to keep them in place.

If you're not sure then the only thing I can suggest is to keep doing your research. You don't want to go with a surgeon just because you've read about him as you may not gel with him in person. My surgeon is a prime example, I liked his work and liked him and knew I would get what I wanted as he would give me as much as my breast tissue would allow! others have seen him and not liked him and the look he gives, which is why they need to search elsewhere.

Like you said, you're paying a lot of money, so make sure you have everything in order amd you're 100% happy with your surgeon and clinic.

xxxx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 21st March 2010, 8:09 pm

I'd like to thank you all for your replies.
It really put my mind at rest. Maybe I'm just over reacting.

Sally, mr HM suggested low profile, which I was quite happy about.

I'll go to my last consult and see what the surgeon says. But I'd definitely like to go with HM as he's very good and has a good record when it comes to scars management.
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 22nd March 2010, 6:18 pm

Hiya, SH recommended no more than 345 for me and I wanted 375, but my BWD just coudn't take an implant that size, and I really don't want to risk and obvious implant. With low profiles the diameter is wider right? So you'll be getting a better cleavage but less of a projection. Did he tell you what your BWD is?
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 22nd March 2010, 6:29 pm

cookie wrote:Hey Adrianne - Nads recently changed her placement from unders to overs and she has no differing in size at all from the change in placement if I remember rightly so what your surgeon says is correct.

Maybe you could contact nads and ask her, I'm sure her surgeon was Steven Hamilton too. xxx
Cookie and SH are right, there is no loss from unders to overs that is a myth, im still a 32D with my 275s as i was with my unders. I would definately trust Dr Hamilton's recommendations, he is an amazing surgeon and wouldnt give you bigger implants for your body that could give you rippling or other complications like other surgeons would. All his patients i know are very happy with their results and if they arent he will do a redo and waive his fees

Like Roxy said that size will def give you more than Ds, i got 32D from 275s. You have to have an implant that will fit your bwd and if 370 is the biggest your body can take i would go with it personally, good luck deciding
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 22nd March 2010, 6:30 pm

Also just to add, if you want a big look maybe SH isnt the surgeon for you as he prefers the natural look
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 22nd March 2010, 6:35 pm

hi i had 410 and im now 32ff im small built so mine look big on my frame
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 22nd March 2010, 11:57 pm

Thank you everyone!! I'm going with Mr SH :)
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 23rd March 2010, 2:24 pm

AdrianneSamuella wrote:Thank you everyone!! I'm going with Mr SH :)

Great news lovely, he's got an excellent reputation for the natural look, so I know you'll be happy with him!
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 23rd March 2010, 7:44 pm

AdrianneSamuella wrote:Thank you everyone!! I'm going with Mr SH :)

Good choice hun - I also went with Mr H, I have had a pain free experience and am over the moon ! xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by JNo101 23rd March 2010, 8:02 pm

I had 375cc partial unders and went from nothing to filling a sports bra D at the moment if thats any help. My BA was only a few days ago so i might get bigger still (hopefully not smaller!) I think anything over 350cc should def give you a D+ from what ive read and been told. xxx
JNo101
JNo101
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 23rd March 2010, 8:07 pm

Hi. do you know what you BWD is? I have a small BWD and was hoping for a D cup but have been told the absolute max I could have would be 285cc. I'm having extra full profile implants though. Could you look at having the 370cc but in a high profile so you get good projection? If you go too big on the implant size you will be able to see the edges of the implants x
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 23rd March 2010, 9:44 pm

Hi Lynnie. My BWD is 12. I'm going for low profile. I want the natural look.
However I fancied the high profile but it makes my breats look so fake on the side and really doesn't go well with my build profile wise. I was told the bigger implant I choose, the higher the profile becomes. There's so much info I've taken I'm not even sure if I make sense anymore.

Today I saw another surgeon and after sizing he said the max he could go is 330 if I want to look natural according to my build!!! He didn't mind going higher but the higher ccs I tried, the more the boobs looked fake on the profile-- I mean projection wise. But in the front, they look lovely!!!
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 23rd March 2010, 9:57 pm

It's just so confusing isn't it! Screwy I can only have an implant diameter between 10 and 11cm. I think my BWD is probably 12 too but my PS only does the natural look so doesn't want the edge of the implant to be visible. I'm probably having the extra high ones because a low profile with a diameter less than 11cm would be tiny! I've seen a few pics of people with high profile implants which still look really natural so I'm trusting my PS.

She doesn't think I'll get any bigger than a full C. I had 2 consultations, the first said 330cc and the second said no bigger than 285. It was so tempting to go with the PS who said the biggest size!

It is by no means an exact science Rolling Eyes

I hope you get your size sorted out to your satisfaction. I'm sure you'll achieve your D cup with those implant sizes. xxx
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 23rd March 2010, 9:58 pm

Hi Lynnie, I've reread your post and I might consider your suggestion. So you think having 370 on high profile could work?

I definitely want the boobs big at the front but not really pointy on the profile. And so far, that's what the bigger implants have looked to me during sizing.

Argh!!! I'm so frustrated... thinking about it , I am now considering going down 330 or 340 just to have a natural look in low profile.
And my surgery is in May.... Grrr!!!
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 23rd March 2010, 10:00 pm

Ok.... that's it.... I think I'll have 330 or 340 in high profile. I'll reschedule another consult to try the size and see how it'll look like... Grrr!!!!
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 23rd March 2010, 10:05 pm

It's enough to drive you mad isn't it!!

I don't think having higher profile ones would make them pointy but maybe you could go in the middle and think about moderate profile?

I read a post on another forum today where a girl had low profile and she was disappointed because she still thought she looked 'flat' from the side.

It's about getting the balance right for your body I suppose as everyone's different. If your PS suggested low profiles then he must have listened to what you are hoping to achieve and suggested what he thought would give you that look.

At least you have a little while to decide. Good luck xxx
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 23rd March 2010, 10:06 pm

Hysterical You must have posted that while I was typing! I definitely think it's worth having another consult and trying the sizes again. Whatever profile you have they will always be very slightly flattened by being inside your body so high profile doesn't mean fake looking xxx
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 23rd March 2010, 10:09 pm

Thank you so much Lynnie!!!

I'll check the moderate ones next time.

Yipee!!

xxx
AdrianneSamuella