Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose?

+7
nads
Nisey
luvjugz
Jessica
misf1
staci_x
fallen021angel
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose? Empty I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose?

Post by fallen021angel 17th October 2009, 8:36 pm

Okee dokey, I have emailed some surgeons in America and I've shortlisted some for consultations here. I hope whether it's good or bad I can offer feedback from the US if I go there. I'm British but I've looked at different results from different surgeons around the world tho not Australia or Asia as it's too far.

So far, I haven't found much in other parts of Europe I really like, so I'm sticking with US or UK.

For my consultations, I'm thinking about going to:
Ms Barbara Lutz
Mrs CC Kat
Mr Paolo Cajano
Mr Stephen Hamilton
I might decide on one of them if I'm impressed during the consults.

Any you would reccommend on my list? Do you know how much they each charge for BA and consultations? I think I can find out from one of my friends about Cajano and Kat tho but I'm still interested in those too.

Oh, and my shortlist for the US surgeons are:
Dr A George Volpe (Boston, MA)
Dr Beverley Friedlander (Short Hills, New Jersey)
Dr Constantino G Mendieta (Coconut Grove, Florida)
Dr Douglas L Hendricks (Newport Beach, California)

Has anyone heard of any of them or gone to them? I looked at 100s of boobs I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose? 156694 and I liked their results best but maybe I missed someone. I won't rush at this even tho I'm planning on next year around March.

Adele
:)
fallen021angel
fallen021angel
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose? Empty Re: I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose?

Post by staci_x 17th October 2009, 8:58 pm

I'd suggest you think about the make of implants you want! I had a laat minute flap with mine!x
staci_x
staci_x
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 182

Back to top Go down

I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose? Empty Re: I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose?

Post by misf1 17th October 2009, 10:04 pm

I'm sure a few people here have had steven Hamilton so you should get some positive feedback on him. Will you be having silicone or saline implants if you go to the US?
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by fallen021angel 18th October 2009, 12:20 am

I dont's knooooow... I want to go for silicone in a way as i heard they feel better to the touch than saline but i feel a bit safer with saline. I know the risks are low with silicone now but i do wonder. Makes? mmm, i tihnk mentor are quite good from what i heard but i don't know many makes yet. im quite ignorant to be honest but i will ask a thousand questions when i start booking consultations.
fallen021angel
fallen021angel
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 18th October 2009, 9:37 am

I'm not sure what the most popular make of silicone implant is in America?...You have to be over 22 to have silicone implants in America as well, I'm sure you are but just thought I'd let you know just in case. You sound really clued up and are definitey going about having a BA in the right way so I'm sure things will work out well for you whatever you do/choose. You will definitely have your dream boobies! Good luck with all your consults - it's the most exciting bit! xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by luvjugz 18th October 2009, 3:09 pm

From what I can make out u.s surgeons tend to prefer saline implants, there was a bit of a hoo-haa about silicone a few years ago (lol,guessing everyone is aware oft hat though!). I considered going to the u.s for my ba at one point too hun
xx
luvjugz
luvjugz
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by fallen021angel 18th October 2009, 3:56 pm

luvjugz is such a cool username! haha. Yea they use the fourth generation implants while we have fifth generation for silicone - the gummy bear types. I don't like them though even thought they're safer. I felt my friend's boobs and they feel so hard! Maybe it's just swelling lol. She raved about CC Kat's consultation and aftercare though but I wasn't amazingly impressed by the work. Maybe they will get better and drop a bit.

Anyhoo, yeah I'm leaning more and more towards saline so America makes more sense if I do that. Aesthetically some of their surgeons are incredible. I'm adding to my list now.

Dr David Metzner (Manchester, Vermont)
Dr Ramin Behmand (Walnut Creek, California)
Dr Scot Glasberg (NYC, New York)
Dr Paul Steinwald (Lake Forrest, Illlinois)

8 US surgeons and 4 UK people and I'm going loopy. Last night I went to bed and I swear I remember a dream where I was being attacked by a gigantic implant! I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose? 204135 Too many boobies everywhere!!! Boobs boobs boobs!!! And we say men are obsessed at times i don't know!
Emailed them all.
fallen021angel
fallen021angel
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fallen021angel 18th October 2009, 3:56 pm

Ooh fankoo Jessica, i hope they will be dream boobies too! Not nightmare ones :( sc---ary..
fallen021angel
fallen021angel
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 18th October 2009, 4:00 pm

Why is it that you're keen on saline huni? You said about how the silicone ones feel, well I've heard that they feel more like breast tissue than the saline ones, which are pretty much just a bag of water! What reasons are making you favour saline? maybe there's something I havent thought of since here it's just drummed into us that silicone is best?
xx
Nisey
Banned

Number of posts : 2126

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 18th October 2009, 4:27 pm

On some of the US sites girls actually say the salines are harder than silicone...Plus, the rippling effect is a lot worse with salines xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by luvjugz 18th October 2009, 4:29 pm

I've too heard that saline are more squishy as they are basicly bags of water. I think that's a good thing. The downsides I have heard is that they are more likely to rupture and they are more likely to show rippling. I think this maybe why alot of u.s surgeons place them under the muscle.
Out of curiosity, do surgeons ever use saline in the uk?????
xx
luvjugz
luvjugz
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by fallen021angel 18th October 2009, 4:57 pm

Ooh good questions. Saline? Why? Mmm!, i don't know i think it's the risk factor of silicone rupturing and the effects. Saline you can tell very quickly which means less post-op maintentance concerns for me. I know daily massaging is good for reducing scar tissue but it's still a risk. It's true they are a bit more likely to rupture tho which is my dilemma, and rippling is more common for sure.

I'm still considering silicone but leaning towards saline at the moment. I will consult and ask about their history of issues with both types. I think silicone is better too overall but if i do that i want the most safe and the only latest types i felt were really firm. To get silicone out of the body is hard once it's leaked too and gummy bears aren't fullproof, but i'm still ignorant about this so don't take my word. I is learning.

Ok well, I'm taking Dr Metzner off my list. He has a good reputation tho but i have to cut my list a bit. Well, I have 8 pages of boobs I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose? 156694 I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose? 204135 on a Word document. lol :D

So my new list is:

Dr A George Volpe (Boston, MA)
Dr Beverley Friedlander (Short Hills, New Jersey)
Dr Constantino Mendieta (Coconut Grove, Florida)
Dr Douglas Hendricks (Newport Beach, California)
Dr Ramin Behmand (Walnut Creek, California)
Dr Scot Glasberg (NYC, New York)
Dr Paul Steinwald (Forest Creek, Illinois)

Adele
fallen021angel
fallen021angel
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fallen021angel 18th October 2009, 5:00 pm

My mum just looked at my post and said i should've written "foolproof" not "fullproof" which i have done for years!!! It's almost as bad as when i used to say "Get your hat together" ! I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose? 557141
fallen021angel
fallen021angel
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 18th October 2009, 5:07 pm

I think America is one of the last to use salines, they're very out of date IMO. Personally i would never get salines, for one they can look really fake and not in that good way, unless you have a lot of tissue. Also they have been known to grow mould in them (there is video evidence of this) and this can cause serious illness.

Also saline implants come in silicone shells so you're still putting silione in your body anyway. Massaging silicone implants will most definately not rupture them, they have a tough thick shell (the good quality ones like Allergan etc). Also cohesive gels like the Allergen 410s will not leak, they are stable.

If something was to go wrong would you have the funds to immediately fly to the US? If you do then i dont see why you can't have your BA there, if you dont i wouldnt, as the NHS will be footing the bill which is not fair IMO

x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 18th October 2009, 5:07 pm

Also, if you want a Diary, pm me and i'll set one up
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou32 18th October 2009, 5:14 pm

I thought the saline implants casing was silicone anyway? I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose? 727885
Lou.
Lou32
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 18th October 2009, 5:18 pm

It'll take up an awful lot of time and money to go to America several times for consults, the op, check-ups etc. Are you sure its really worth the hassle? There are very good surgeons in the UK, even if you want to travel to another city or something
xx
Nisey
Banned

Number of posts : 2126

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 18th October 2009, 5:18 pm

Going to have to agree with Nads on this one, The programme i seen before where mould grew in them just put me off for life! it was awful.

Mine are very squishy i have mentor silicone implants and dont feel hard at all, i think like you said your friends may have not settled properly theres also a lot of different things to consider like the amount of tissue you have, if you can have overs or unders and what brand of implant they are using this will all make a difference to the way they feel, I personally think saline are out dated too. you have lots of things to consider hun im sure you will have made your mind up properly once you have been for your consults I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose? 184153

x x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 18th October 2009, 5:21 pm

I have Allergan Inspira Soft implants and can tell you they are not hard at all! My son's Dad had a feel as I wanted to get a blokes opinion on whether they felt real or not and he said that if he didn't know he wouldn't be able to tell. As for loss of sensation - I actually think my boobs are more sensitive now. My nipples certainly are.

I would never have considered having my surgery abroad and tbh I'm glad I didn't as unfortunately I did need a reop. I was back in theatre 10 weeks after my original ba and can't fault the aftercare I received here from my ps. I agree with Nads.
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 18th October 2009, 5:41 pm

Nisey wrote: There are very good surgeons in the UK
Agreed, i know this may sound biased but i think we have some of the best here in the UK, very high standards of training.
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 18th October 2009, 6:09 pm

I'm having Stephen Hamilton on Friday I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose? 844277 , I've been very impressed by him. Having worked in the nhs I've been on the other side and I know the glitz and glam of some of the other companies out there means absolutely nothing when it comes down the expertise of the surgeon.

My personal choice, I would not have saline implants and I would not have it done anywhere else apart from here in the uk.

On the subject of not feeling like real boobs, well they're not real but I don't care and neither does my dh.

Good luck with choosing, keep us updated, x
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 18th October 2009, 6:18 pm

mum23boys wrote:On the subject of not feeling like real boobs, well they're not real but I don't care and neither does my dh.
I got a shortlist - this'll be my diary thingy I spose? 754120 Exactly hun, you're going to love them, my friends had a good feel of mine and said they would've never known they were implants because they're so soft and i had zero tissue before x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fallen021angel 18th October 2009, 7:32 pm

Mould?! ooooh that's not good!!! i don't want mouldy boobs. Is that a freak thing or quite common? i would imagine it would be difficult to tell if it happened. maybe i should get silicone...

I will definitely look into the silicone option and see what i can do. Thank u everyone :) x x

ps just got my first reply - from dr volpe. he admitted it's harder to see patients from out of town but was very helpful on email. he wants me to call his clinic tho for more info etc xx
fallen021angel
fallen021angel
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 18th October 2009, 8:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - mould in saline

Also alot of girls with saline report hearing the 'sloshing' when running, having sex etc etc which sounds awful x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fallen021angel 18th October 2009, 9:45 pm

I've made a big decision, at least for a while. I'm not getting implants, for now anyway. I'm looking at the overall effects and what i'm willing to risk and i think this is the right decision for ME at this point in my life. I had a bit of facial plastic surgery last year including a nose job and my life improved quite dramatically because of it. But it's my face which everyone always sees and nothing was put in my face that could leak or rupture which means the risks were less.
Now I get IPL and laser treatments and i feel better after waxing and skin treatments too, and im due for my teeth to be countoured and whitened to a realistic nice level soon too. Im 28 years old and i like the way i look a lot more than i used to and surgery had an effect. But i don't like my small boobs! It's the only thing i really can't stand that i can actually change dramatically.
But i like my nipples and how sensitive they are without being too much. I can't risk that changing. I also love that when i wear tops they can look like they do on models which makes me look more youthful in a weird way and as much as i'd rather have a nice cleavage, i also play tennis and I love being able to run without my boobs getting in the way.
I love bigger boobs and i wish i had them. But i read a few things and some you tube vids and for me, mmm, i want to learn to love my little boobies before spending thousands of dollars or pounds to put things in which could cause me problems years later anyway. I've looked at the percentages and my tendency to run into complications whenever i've had anything done, and it's amazing i'm even considering teeth whitening and a tattoo! lol
So, even tho i've just got here, i think i'm going again. Thank you to everyone who's helped me and welcomed me, it's a really cool forum which i'd love to come back to in the future if i need it. But i have to go for awhile to really, really think about this. A lot of men have told me they like my small boobs and prefer them to implants which are bigger. Maybe i need to learn to like my small boobs too.

Lots of love x x x sorry it seemed a bit dramatic the way i went on! but i needed to say it i guess and who else can i talk to about my boobs? lol
Adele x

But
fallen021angel
fallen021angel
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next