Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHS and GP advice please

3 posters

Go down

NHS and GP advice please Empty NHS and GP advice please

Post by sars3dd 28th August 2009, 8:30 pm

Hi all
I seen a surgeon through the nhs at the start of August. Anyway, the surgeon offered only one implant which i wasn't happy with and then it was confirmed today that the surgeon will only offer one implant. I also have a year and half wait till i see surgeon again at that hospital.

I have also came across a hospital that does private and NHS work in Scotland and got in touch. I have been told to get my GP to write a referral letter and then get an appointment and i'd have my op by the end of the year and two implants will be offered to me.

My question is how do i go about asking my GP to write the letter for me?
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

NHS and GP advice please Empty Re: NHS and GP advice please

Post by RoxyChick 28th August 2009, 8:43 pm

I think you can just ask for a referral letter to this surgeon, as you're not happy with the prospect of having one implant only. The shape and size of your breasts will be different and it will only further exaserbate the problem surely?

You may need to book an appointment to see him in order to do this.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 28th August 2009, 8:47 pm

Thank you. Really nervous about speaking to GP as i dont want to seem like am being greedy over it all, expecially as i qualify for NHS help. Also spoke the the hospital about funding for it to be told it wont be an issue at all, so all i need is my GP to write the letter. I just hope she does.x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by loo3 28th August 2009, 9:09 pm

They should offer you two implants...or atleast one implant and an uplift which was the plan I had made with the NHS. However about 3weeks before the op (Private because the NHS messed me about) I decided to have 2 implants because I thought one would end up sagging where as the other would be perky!! Thats fab about the trust in Scotland that are willing to sort it for you! Dont worry about your GP its not really much to do with them, they are only there to support you and refer you to the best person for your problem. Good luck with it all xxxxx
loo3
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 29th August 2009, 11:03 am

Thank you loo3. I just worry my GP is going to tell me to beat it and stop moaning. if my GP doesn't right the letter i can't go to the hospital i found. They do NHS work to cut down the nhs waiting times. I have even seen a psychologist and a psychiatrist in the last 2weeks to make sure am "stable" enough for surgery and discuss how its going to effect my life. So i know am well prepared now, i know what results i will end up with and know its no where near perfect. Just not happy with what i was offered, and the long wait and process i'd need to go through.

My fear is the same as my left is very very empty even though it has a shape so would end up with one perky and full and the other not. x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down