Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long between 1st consultation and Op day?

3 posters

Go down

How long between 1st consultation and Op day? Empty How long between 1st consultation and Op day?

Post by MrsSmith27 3rd January 2017, 10:57 pm

Hi ladies,

I'm interested to know how long you had to wait/chose to wait between your 1st consultation and your surgery date. I had my consultation end of Nov, I have chosen to wait until the New Year to book my 2nd consultation and am considering Easter time for op (to fit in with kids/work). Surgeon said minimum of 2weeks between 1st consultation and op, I thought that was super quick! Although I know I have made my decision to definitely have the procedure that still felt a huge rush to me. Or am I just 'putting it off' subconciously by waiting 5/6months in between?! :-/
MrsSmith27
MrsSmith27
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

How long between 1st consultation and Op day? Empty Re: How long between 1st consultation and Op day?

Post by melloumaw 6th January 2017, 7:34 am

i actually only waited 6 days, i had to sign a disclaimer with it being a short period of time, but i did all my research first, then as soon as we had the money went for it. it had been 7 years coming round for me though, so along time researching
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 577

Back to top Go down

How long between 1st consultation and Op day? Empty Re: How long between 1st consultation and Op day?

Post by babybird 6th January 2017, 7:42 pm

Hi,  I had my first consultation on 12th October and my op was 19th December.  I could have had it done on 10th November at the earliest ( 2nd consult was on 9th Nov, so that would've been extremely quick!), but chose to wait until 19th December so that it was close to Christmas when Hubby would be at home while I was recovering - he took from 19th off and only went back to work yesterday, so I've had lots of looking after!  Waiting until Easter hols sounds like you've given it plenty of thought and we all have our reasons for choosing to have it done when we do and our reasons are similar.  If it means you will be less stressed by waiting until Easter, then if I were you, I would wait.

Mel x
babybird
babybird
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsSmith27 12th January 2017, 2:23 pm

Thank you for your replies ladies :-)

I think I'm just over analysing everything as I'm a natural worrier! Following your replies I booked in for 7th April, it's what works practically for us as a family/around work more than anything and I'm sure it will go quickly!

New (.)(.) for the summer....yay!

xx
MrsSmith27
MrsSmith27
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 12th January 2017, 2:41 pm

best of luck for a speedy recovery
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by babybird 12th January 2017, 6:41 pm

It's not over analysing, it's called not rushing into such a big decision.  What you're also doing is giving yourself plenty of time for planning!

7th April will be here before you know it!

What are you having (or hoping to get!)?

Mel x
babybird
babybird
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsSmith27 12th January 2017, 11:12 pm

Thank you Mel and Mel!
At first consultation I was recommended 300-350cc. He said definitely under the muscle as I have a bony chest so I'm aware the recovery will be a bit tougher! I'm an empty, slightly droopy (thanks kids!) 32A/B at the moment.
Ihave my second consultation on 30th so will hopefully go through everything again then. I have complete faith in the surgeon but the methods for consultations/aftercare do seem to differ from place to place, person to person, when I read through this forum...which made me think should I have been told/done that etc....there I go worrying again!!

C xx
MrsSmith27
MrsSmith27
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 15th January 2017, 8:21 am

i had unders and i do believe they take a bit longer to heal, as the have to move the muscle away from it usual position, the positive though is as my surgeon said, its like having an inbuilt bra, they don't drop in the same way as overs can over time.
double check the aftercare as this is a very important factor. i have a rupture and only had basic aftercare so even though the implants will be covered i will still have theatre anaesthetist and surgeon fee's to pay
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down