Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long after Consultation until an Op date?

+3
COOKIE
jenniferrf1
Tilliex
7 posters

Go down

How long after Consultation until an Op date? Empty How long after Consultation until an Op date?

Post by Tilliex 22nd December 2013, 7:04 pm

Hi again :)
I have a consultation booked with Dr. James McDiarmid on the 21st of January in Plymouth. I gather there's something about a cooling off period after the consultation before you make a decision on whether you want a BA (I might be wrong, if someone could clarify this I'd appreciate it!). I was wondering, if I do decide to go ahead with surgery, what's the average waiting time between saying 'Yes please!' and going into the operating room? I live next to Plymouth usually but I go to Uni all the way up in Leeds so I can't pop back quickly for surgery if it's soon! I'm getting a little bit excited now so expect a hundred and one posts from me over the next month or so :P
Thank you!
Tillie  wavey
Tilliex
Tilliex
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

How long after Consultation until an Op date? Empty Re: How long after Consultation until an Op date?

Post by jenniferrf1 22nd December 2013, 7:15 pm

The cooling off period is normally two weeks so if you did want to book in then your looking at waiting two weeks minimum if everything falls into place... Normally your always be able to have your op pretty soon, there's not a long waiting list so you could more than likely have your op in your next uni holiday xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

How long after Consultation until an Op date? Empty Re: How long after Consultation until an Op date?

Post by COOKIE 22nd December 2013, 7:21 pm

I'm Presuming you're booked through MyBreast Tilliex?

The length of time being able to get a date booked with a surgeon will depend on the popularity of the surgeon. Some surgeons you could wait 3 months or more for a date, but the women who choose them do feel they're worth waiting for. Others, like Jen said can be a matter of weeks. 

Details of their cooling period is here:

Quote from HERE

• You always have a two week 'cooling off period' between your first consultation and your date of surgery to ensure that surgery is the right decision for you

Last edited by COOKIE on 22nd December 2013, 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilliex 22nd December 2013, 7:24 pm

Yeah I booked through MyBreast :) okay that's alright then, I was worried that the only date they would be able to do for this year would be during the exam period or something. Thanks :)
Tilliex
Tilliex
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily26 22nd December 2013, 8:41 pm

Just seen your post as I was thinking a similar thing! :)...

I'm having a consultation with James McDiarmid on the 23rd of Jan in Plymouth! How exciting!

Good luck with your consultation, we may even end up having them done at a similar time if all goes well! 
(I am currently sat with 400cc rice boobies in my old maternity sports bra, just to show how excited I am!) haha! 

Xx
Lily26
Lily26
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilliex 22nd December 2013, 9:02 pm

Ooh this is exciting! Haha may I ask what all this business with rice is? I'm quite a newbie :P xx
Tilliex
Tilliex
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 22nd December 2013, 9:19 pm

lol that will be rice boobs I persoanlly never done then but if you type rice boobs in the top search bar loads of post will come up

basically you decide roughly what sized implants your havin and then you can make rice boobs and were them in a bra round to get used to them xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilliex 22nd December 2013, 9:31 pm

Oh okay :) Don't think I can try this: all my bras are push up and the rice bags won't have anywhere to sit :/
Tilliex
Tilliex
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 22nd December 2013, 9:35 pm

you could buy a cheap bra once the surgeon has told you roughly what size you are going to be, even a wee cheap £4 sports bra you can get them in tesco xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilliex 22nd December 2013, 9:39 pm

Hmm might be an idea tbh... thanks for the heads up :) xx
Tilliex
Tilliex
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily26 22nd December 2013, 10:05 pm

I've read on here rice boobies tend to be a but inaccurate and the implants look slightly smaller than the rice measurement but I couldn't help myself and it's made me all excited! Haha! Counting down the days to my consultation! My mum had James for two BA's and couldn't recommend him more so I can't wait to meet him xx
Lily26
Lily26
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilliex 22nd December 2013, 10:08 pm

I'm counting down too haha! God knows what I'll be like if I decide to go ahead with the survey - probably won't sleep until after I've had it done. Will just be google imaging breast augmentations! xx
Tilliex
Tilliex
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 23rd December 2013, 7:48 am

The rice boobs have helped me .....although i am yet to see how accurate they were ! 380 looks fab on me in rice.....heavy and big looking in my little hands though  Hysterical 

xxx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Post by Misszc 23rd December 2013, 9:23 am

Hey. 
I booked my op date an hour after my consultation.
I just phoned his secertary and asked for the date i wanted.
Guess it depends who you are going with? 
Xx
Misszc
Misszc
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 285

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilliex 23rd December 2013, 11:27 am

I guess I'll be taking a trip to Tesco after the Christmas rush to pick up a bra and a few bags of rice then! :P Who did you go with, Misscz? I'm about 99% sure I want to go ahead and get a BA but I can't wait too long on getting one because there aren't many spaces of time that I'm in the South West this year... I've really only got a month off at Easter and then Summer break :S xx
Tilliex
Tilliex
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Misszc 23rd December 2013, 11:32 am

Mr Whitworth at the Nuffield health in Bournemouth! 
Himand his secetary are Brill!
my emails are always answered within hours and i can request to see him whenever! 

i could have had my op this month but i had leave in Jan so decided to have it then.
xx
Misszc
Misszc
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 285

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilliex 23rd December 2013, 11:38 am

Wow that's quick! I really hope I get in sooner rather than later - I'm so impatient haha! Good luck for your op in Jan:Ok:  xx
Tilliex
Tilliex
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down