Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those that remember Boobz...

+14
blush89
mrskelly
Hattie73
BkozK
kay-uk
Charlii
9NDFp
chrystal867
Twinky
Asorrell81
Lucy106
MrsF
Mammamia
Boobz
18 posters

Go down

For those that remember Boobz... Empty For those that remember Boobz...

Post by Boobz 20th November 2015, 7:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hello ladies,

Just wanted to give an update for those that might remembers. I was posting quite a lot back in March (see link above) as I was researching surgeons for a BA. During those consults all 3 surgeons found a lump and told me to get it checked. I thought nothing of it, assuming it would be a cyst, but it turned out to be a rather nasty, aggressive version of breast cancer...

... 7 months later I have had 24 rounds of weekly chemotherapy, and last Thursday I have a double mastectomy and immediate implant reconstruction. So I got my boob job in the end, but paid for by BUPA, and in a rather more tortuous way than I had imagined!

The new boobs are ROCK HARD and very stuck on, but I've been told they will settle. Obviously they will never look as natural as a normal BA can, as those implants go alongside natural breast tissue, where as mine has been removed due to the cancer (I had the right side done at the same time to reduce the chances of a recurrence - a la Angelina Jolie) and thefore they will always look more stuck on unfortunately. But having said that, they are a massive improvement on my previous ptotic (sagging) breasts, and are very perky and quite big even though I was expecting to be quite small! They are anatomical silicone implants, 410cc I believe, as far as my notes say (there is less chat with cancer surgeons about the type of implant as it's much more medical around removal of cancerous tissue rather than type of implant) and quite frankly they frighten me at the moment! But he has promised they will fall and settle as the swelling eases off...

And I am now officially cancer free! So that's the important thing. I might even post a pic when the swelling has gone down (all my own skin and nipples remained, with small scars under the breast, so they don't look scary for any other reason than they are huge compared to my previous saggy boobs!)

Hope everyone is well and happy on here.

Boobz
Boobz
Boobz
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

For those that remember Boobz... Empty Re: For those that remember Boobz...

Post by Mammamia 20th November 2015, 8:34 pm

It's so lovely to hear from you! You've been in my thoughts. Such great news that you've beaten it. You must be so proud of yourself for getting through it. And fab that you have your boobs! You're right they will settle, it will just take time but they'll get better and better over the next year. The picture trials are proof of that! Which surgeon did your reconstruction?

Well done for being so brave x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobz 20th November 2015, 8:40 pm

Thanks Mammamia - Paul Harris at the Royal Marsden was my surgeon - I'm not sure how much private work he does. He's one of the leading reconstructive surgeons in the UK though, for sure.
Boobz
Boobz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 20th November 2015, 8:43 pm

That's great, to be a reconstructive surgeon you've got to be a pro. I hope your recovery goes well. Rest up! x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsF 20th November 2015, 9:22 pm

I had read your posts and often though of you boobz I am SO pleased you have updated and it such positive news. Congratulations on beating it and well done for taking the steps for it to never come back!
And congratulations on your new boobs ! It must feel surreal after such a rollercoaster.
So so happy for you, I hope your healing goes smoothly, I bet you look fantastic, 410cc sounds amazing xxxxxx
MrsF
MrsF
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobz 20th November 2015, 9:24 pm

Thanks Mrs F, and Mammamia. 410 sound big to me, and looks big, but I think that is the swelling so we'll see! They are a definite improvement on my orginal boobs anyway!
Boobz
Boobz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 20th November 2015, 10:04 pm

Hello - I wasn't on the forum in March - only got involved in August but I wanted to say how amazing it is that it got found out in this way. If you hadn't have thought about changing your boobs.... It doesn't bear thinking about. I've had 2 friends (both below the age of 37) to survive breast cancer and I'm so pleased you kicked it!!! Horay to lovely new boobs - I think they always look a bit alien to start but I'm sure they will settle soon and look gorgeous! Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by Asorrell81 21st November 2015, 7:21 am

Hi Boobz I also wasn't around in March but as Lucy said its so great it was found out and 'dealt' with so quickly and efficiently. I'm sure it's been a roller coaster ride for you but I'm please to hear your now cancer free. I'm sure you will settle into your new boobs x
Asorrell81
Asorrell81
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 21st November 2015, 8:23 am

What a journey you have been on, its so nice to read a haply ending. You have tackled it so bravely., and im sure once your boobs settle they will be fabolous.

Here's to a happy and healthy new year, cancer free.
Xxx Take care x
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by chrystal867 21st November 2015, 8:30 am

I wasn't around then but great to hear you are cancer free and on the mend your boobs will settle and become less scary wishing you luck xxx
chrystal867
chrystal867
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by 9NDFp 21st November 2015, 8:51 am

Hi Boobz!! So happy to read this :-). I've been thinking of you and hoping wishing for your recovery. So lovely to read your update. Your boobs will settle and soften in time, just takes a while!! Lots of love Shona xx
9NDFp
9NDFp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 498

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 21st November 2015, 9:45 am

Hug
Im so happy youre all ok. Youre right, theyll never be quite the same as if it had all gone to plan. But you caught it, made the right choices, and are now cancer free. The implants will soften iver time, give it a year and theyll feel better. 

Thank you for sharing
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by kay-uk 21st November 2015, 2:09 pm

Gosh, what a journey you've been through! Well done on getting through treatment. It's amazing how these random actions can sometimes take us down a totally unexpected path; it's best to not even think what could've happened if you'd not started looking into implants.
I hope you have a speed recovery Give You
kay-uk
kay-uk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 21st November 2015, 3:30 pm

Ah bless you Boobz, congratulations on the cancer all clear and on your new set. Thank you for sharing and I wish you a very speedy recovery, happy healing x
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by Hattie73 22nd November 2015, 9:57 am

Congratulations on beating cancer... Good luck with your new boobies ! Xx
Hattie73
Hattie73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 248

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 22nd November 2015, 1:22 pm

I wasn't around in March either, just wanted to say congratulations on beating cancer. Xxx happy healing xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 813

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 23rd November 2015, 10:44 am

So pleased you are ok, I remember you from the forum a few months back. Sounds like you've been on one hell of a journey, well done for being so incredibly strong and brave.

xxx
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrierowland 23rd November 2015, 2:26 pm

So happy for you, what a roller coaster of a ride you must of been on. Happy healing xx
Carrierowland
Carrierowland
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 844

Back to top Go down

Post by muddypaws 24th November 2015, 1:18 pm

Boobz, I remember reading your posts at the time when you first discovered the lump. How scary, and what a journey you have been on. It's so lovely to hear from you, thank you for updating us. I'm sure like many others, I've stumbled back onto one of your posts every now and then over the last few months and wondered how you are. I'm sure you still have a lot of healing to do both on the inside and the out and I wish you a speedy recovery. Now you have an extra special reason to love your implants, as they may just have saved your life xxx big hugs xxx
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 815

Back to top Go down

Post by ScotsGirl78 28th November 2015, 4:33 am

I wasn't on in March but just want to say congrats on being cancer free - and on getting your ba even if it wasn't quite the circumstances you thought. 
I wish you all the best for a healthy and happy future. 

xx
ScotsGirl78
ScotsGirl78
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 28th November 2015, 7:25 pm

Hi boobz. Lovely to here from you again. I'm very happy for you that you are all clear. These things make you stronger in the end. You are a inspiration. Sending big hugs xxxxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down